Turn-based or real-time combat? (Battle-fuck game made in Unity)

Which type of gameplay do you prefer?

• Turn-based combat

Votes: 59 48.4%
  • Real-time combat

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • I like both and don't have a preference

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I dislike both, I prefer to go directly to the sex scene

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
The game will be fully animated in both cases. For the turn based version, it will have a card system similar to slay the spire. It would reward playing smartly and make you feel good after doing good plays, but you will also be fine if you prefer to play in easy mode.

For the real-time combat I'm still thinking how I could do it. The original idea is to make it turn-based but I wanted to know what the majority of you prefer.

Reactions: Kadesruc

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Unity? Inexperienced dev? Turn-based please. I'm not a dev but that combo gave me flashbacks of hundreds, if not thousands, of shitty Unity asset flips on Steam. That said, if you're going to make it card-based I'd definitely want deck-building so I don't feel I'm at RNGsus's mercy all the time.

Reactions: Kadesruc

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
Unity? Inexperienced dev? Turn-based please. I'm not a dev but that combo gave me flashbacks of hundreds, if not thousands, of shitty Unity asset flips on Steam. That said, if you're going to make it card-based I'd definitely want deck-building so I don't feel I'm at RNGsus's mercy all the time.
The plan is to have the option modify your deck somehow when you defeat an enemy (improve a card, put a new one, remove a card... something like that). If you make good choices you would end up with a great deck and be able to "survive" longer.

While I still did not release a game yet, I have been playing with the engine for some years now. I'm also not that time pressured at this moment, so I have some confidence that I can release a game that ppl will enjoy.

About asset flips, you will be seeing morphs / skins from DAZ (nothing I can do about that, since I can't make good 3d models) and maybe some card drawings if I find something on asset store, but that's about it

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin
Jun 13, 2020
Personally I dislike both but also don't want to go straight to the scene.

I used to feel neutral with the combat system but as I play more and more games, I feel really bored with them for reasons I wanted to share with you:

- Mostly if there's a turn-based , there's level system, and there's gonna be part where I have to grind for level. I feel like it's not worth my time to waste my time grinding for levels or even money to buy equipment for a game that I would probably almost never come back to fight monster again in the future. And even worse it there's a losing event then I would have to do the fight at least 2 times (assuming that I need to go through the scene to unlock it).

- With combat system comes mobs, and I'm not here judging the developers out there but I personally am sick of seeing the same monster model for every game.

- In real-time combat game. I don't know how to feel when during the fight, I got molested or creampied. Let's just say it's not my cup of tea.

That's from my point of view.

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
Personally I dislike both but also don't want to go straight to the scene.

I used to feel neutral with the combat system but as I play more and more games, I feel really bored with them for reasons I wanted to share with you:

- Mostly if there's a turn-based , there's level system, and there's gonna be part where I have to grind for level. I feel like it's not worth my time to waste my time grinding for levels or even money to buy equipment for a game that I would probably almost never come back to fight monster again in the future. And even worse it there's a losing event then I would have to do the fight at least 2 times (assuming that I need to go through the scene to unlock it).

- With combat system comes mobs, and I'm not here judging the developers out there but I personally am sick of seeing the same monster model for every game.

- In real-time combat game. I don't know how to feel when during the fight, I got molested or creampied. Let's just say it's not my cup of tea.

That's from my point of view.

I also dislike the stuff you mentioned.

You don't have to worry about grinding to unlock scenes because the game will probably have no story. The reason I decided to do that is because I will have to spend a considerable amount of time on the mechanics / animations (and also I don't think I'm a good writer). Maybe when I finish the game I will make an expansion with a story (I'm actually already writing it a bit at a time because the only way I can do a good story is if I plan it with years in advance). You should be able to have fun with the fight itself, so most of my energy will be focused on it.

Another thing you won't have to worry about. Each generated enemy will combine different morphs, skins, skeletons, hairs, eyes and such. There will be also fantasy creatures, like catgirls, elves, fairies and so on. Since their size and shape are so variable and we are talking about a combat that has a lot of physical contact, I have to heavily script the animations, so that everything fits correctly (that's why I can't afford to work on the story at the same time)

To tell you the truth I don't know how I would make a good real-time combat either. I would only consider doing it if the pool showed more than 70% in favour of real-time combat. I just love turn-based too much and I also need one hand free when I'm playing NSFW games. I was about go into the phase in which I was going to dedicate more time on the combat mechanics, so I was wondering if it was a mistake to go turn based.

About being molested, I plan to make the game so you can win by being a dom or a sub, whichever you prefer. Your objective is to make the enemy cum first, so if you prefer to get molested, you will toggle the option so that the opponents will be dominators and you will play cards that estimulate their domination over you, making them aroused and making them cum first. On the other hand, if you prefer to be a dominator, the enemies will be submissive and you win fights by dominating them.

Last edited:

tomcire

Jun 12, 2018
If you don't even know what to do with real time combat and you enjoy a lot battle card system you already have the answer.
By the way: always ALWAYS remember that your audience need a free and wathever the gameplay will be.