HTML [Twine 2/Sugarcube] Any good way to grammar and spell check entire story?

PonyWarrior

Oct 22, 2019
I have started working on a story a couple days back, and I'm now at 28k words and 55 story passages. I'm starting to worry about spellcheck as I see my story grow in size, so I was wondering if there was a good way to spellcheck the whole thing without hassle.

The main issue I have is needing to check passages one by one. Hope someone has a good way to do this!

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I've only barely used twine, and haven't used it again in some time. my only idea is to switch from sugarcube, to the proofreader, so that it displays all the text on one page, copy and paste it all into your spell checker of choice. down side is that for every issue you find, you have to find your original passage in order to paste the correction in, so it only solves half of the issue.

Reactions: PonyWarrior

PonyWarrior

Oct 22, 2019
I've only barely used twine, and haven't used it again in some time. my only idea is to switch from sugarcube, to the proofreader, so that it displays all the text on one page, copy and paste it all into your spell checker of choice. down side is that for every issue you find, you have to find your original passage in order to paste the correction in, so it only solves half of the issue.
Thanks for the idea, I didn't even know the proof reading was a thing. I got an offline proofreading software and pasted the whole thing, I have a lot to go through but it does the job. Thanks!

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I've started using Grammarly recently and it's working well. It's still useful to have a good English-speaker to proofread everything once you used Grammarly on your script though.

Reactions: PonyWarrior