Twine game made on Windows. How do I make it run on MacOS and Linux as well?

Whale_Shark

Talking Shark. Developer of Confidence Man
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Like the title says, I'm making a game in Twine 2, Sugarcube 2.3.1 on a Windows 10 machine. I don't know how to make it so that it will run on MacOS and Linux as well. I know MacOS has a different file structure and I know really nothing about Linux. I see games on here that will run on all 3 OS's so anyone who has made that work, your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
You keep your media files relative to the html file, so why wouldn't it work on mac and linux as it is?

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Twine games are basically web pages. Web pages are opened by web browsers. The way they work should be the same regardless of what OS you are using. Otherwise you would be surfing the internet and come across pages that say "Sorry, this page is only accessible on Windows OS."

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
If you keep the paths of the media relative to your html file, you should be fine. If anything, you should be careful when you write the file names on the games. For example, Pic.jpg called as "pic.jpg" in the game may work on windows, but it won't work on linux or mac, they are case sensitive.

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
OK cool thanks for the help. I'm kinda new to this whole thing, so thanks for entertaining my dum dum questions

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
OK cool thanks for the help. I'm kinda new to this whole thing, so thanks for entertaining my dum dum questions
Wait a minute, I saw the screen caps on your game, and they look really good. Good luck on your project man.

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Wait a minute, I saw the screen caps on your game, and they look really good. Good luck on your project man.
Thanks! Give it a try. You never know, you might like it!

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Thanks! Give it a try. You never know, you might like it!
Thanks man, but I'm gay. However, I might download it anyways just to see how well you designed it. I'm close to put a dev blog thread here about my game. No worries, it's a M/M game, so we're not competing here.