VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Twisting Vines [Ep.10] [Iskonsko Studio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Ive-11

2/5 out of all aspect
    cuz
    3/5 for render since this game is been long time so its ok
    1/5 for story, not much , though looks fun but no, or should i call dull story line
    2/5 for content, not much idk who n who is the main girls, the content for sex is pretty much in the end of story, well yes theres some of in middle but pretty much all of it is only for climax
    1/5 for the UI, damn didn't know back then the UI is really not comfortable,
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Gamesman01

Promises a lot but fails in many ways. First there is no indication if you are making good or bad choices except game ending failures. No real freedom to do what you want you have to chose options that often suck. The games should have come with an indicator on how you are doing or a walkthrough to guide. The sisters hair looks ridiculous all poofed up much preferred it when it was a ponytail. The whole game is weirdly psychotic from the rape victim that becomes too clingy to the one night stand with the teacher to the one girl who claims to love you dumping you after she fucks you.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

EmpressLunaria

This game is unfortunately not that good, and that's sad to say. I like the idea of the game, whilst not wholly original or unique, it's classic. Sister runs away from home and wants to say with her big Brother, it's used allot because it works, and it's a good start for a incest themed game. But as I said, this game isn't good. The renders are really really old and grainy. It's hard to be aroused or intrigued when everything looks like it came from the early 2000's. The Sister looks like she's rocking glam rock hair from the 1960's. Either that or some kind of lion mane. But, all that pails in comparison to the worst part about this game. For whatever crazy reason, this game makes it absolutely impossible to beat or play without downloading 11 walkthroughs... I'm not joking, this games progression is totally and truly fucked, like WTF, how did this happen? was the developer trying to troll everyone? that's the only way it makes sense to me, it just blows my mind and pinches my tits. If you're reading this Developer, I hope you take what you've learned from making this game, and try again. It may seem like I'm ripping your creation, but. I do believe you have the talent to make something better, hell maybe even great. Good luck, and hopefully next time, I'll be rating your game a 5.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

sharpys

Twisting Vines? More like Contrived Vines. This game is a prime example of the artificiality of "choices", when the player becomes so burdened with the labyrinth of confusing narrative choices even the author has to step in and explicitly clarify getting from point A to B around a goddamn mountain; that's just straight up bad design. Some of the love interests you can't even get to without discovering some hidden path that can only be found by going through another set of vaguely hidden paths.

Contrived Vines also seemingly suffer from the audience meme, where even characters wholesomely unrelated to the immediate relational group do participate within the dating pool, diluting it to a point where invested players just do not care anymore. This VN needs a shredder to the gut to trim the bloat in the name of lean design principles.

TLDR: Clicked that "X" button as I could not bother with the bad pathing.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Resch

It is a decent story and the content is fun. Bit older graphics and such, but an entertaining game.

I do wish some of the areas were filled out more and the people around were not just blue and red models. Takes away from any immersion. However I categorize this as more of a simple fun game versus a complex over arching story. So I rate it on a slightly different scale because of that.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

albatare

Review for Ep.7 Extras.

TL;DR : This game needs a walkthrough and a gallery, in its current state it's barely playable and certainly not enjoyable.

2 things completely ruined the game for me.
    Random game over screens, it's not fun, it's not engaging, it's just annoying, especially when it's purely based on luck.
    I mean, first choice, peek or watch TV, peek is actually a game over, wtf ? Either the dev is trolling or he's never played any VN before.

The walkthrough shared here is inacurate/out of date and there is no gallery to replay scenes or view what you missed.

I'll revisit the game in a couple patches or when modders fix this mess.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

switters76

The story is boring and similar to many others, the graphics are very low resolution and way below most Ren'Py games, the sex scenes are only a few and totally lacking of imagination. I doubt I'll give it another try in the future.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Samken

Game A is a narrative-driven game with choices. Its choices lead to different paths/interactions with different characters. If you choose 1 instead of 2 you will get something but that something won't be the same as the first choice.

Now we have Game B. It's also a narrative-driven game but instead of offering different paths for its choices, it has specific triggers of such, and these lead to the aftermentioned desired outcomes with the characters of the game most players want to see, while others lead to...absolutely nothing. This type of choice is essentially a non-choice unless you are playing a narrative game to see...absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately, Twisting Vines falls in category B, over A. The fact that the walkthrough that details those specific sets of choices is behind a paywall, also makes me question the objective of the game's design...
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Vechernyaya

I like the interactions between the MC and the sister main heroine, but some choices can be weird, with a logical outcome, but absolutely not predictable for the player, forcing us to test all the possibilities.
    Other choices are more awkward because you are forced to be a jerk to get the best result for exemple, having to touch your sister when she sleeps if you want to have all her best scenes later, how can this choice where she isn't conscious is supposed to make her love you more ? This choice shouldn't have any influence on the score, it should only be a bonus for those who want to do this.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Alfius

OK, Difficult to score with for me.
    I think a fair score from me would be a 3.5 but rounded up to 4 is cool.

So... the good:
    Characters are nice, graphics are nice, sex scenes are nice.
    Multiple paths, so replay value is good.

The not so good.
    The path for certain characters is extremely difficult.
    I first tried it by myself, and relationship was platonic.
    Then I tried it with a player walkthrough and saw how much I missed and still missed more then half the content.

There is also no hint or character stats, so you can not really try and optimise your chosen route. If you have some time to burn, and want to explore different paths and options this game will be right up your alley.

If you want the majority of content in a single playthrough.... less so.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Cool game, the dynamic thus far with the sister has been interesting. The game is a little more fast paced than I would have liked to see. You apparently haven't seen your sister for a long time and you both barely catch up and act like everything's normal. Besides that, it was interesting and enjoyable, albeit brief.

I think the game needs some work for me to feel comfortable giving it more than a 3. The UI is pretty clunky looking and could really use some touching up as well. Definitely worth trying though.