Ren'Py - Completed - Twists of My Life [v1.1.2] [Novel]

1. 5.00 star(s)

thebowkid

Finally, a completed game on this site that has a good route really enjoyed Alanna's route and wished there was more, but obviously, there needs to be an end to a story. My only complaint is the roaming and selection of places to visit, feels very outdated, but not enough to detract from the score. Hope to see more from this dev.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Deboksi

3.6 not great, not terrible.
    played from fresh to the end to see 2 different girl's paths.
    Very satisfied with Helga's ending that i got.
    Had so much fun playing Alanna's route.
    Ignored rest of the girls,but helped them when they needed. Didn't want mc to become an asshole.
    Owerall not much can be said.
    Each girl has their own perks.
    So i suggest you take a peek at walkthrough availible, and decide which fetish you wanna get. Then chase the girl who has that option i guess idk.
    I just wish i could create more time for some other girls but it required specifically
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    . So i ignored their ass.
    Dont expect much nor get attached to some girls, you will enjoy the game just fine.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Franz Bonaparta

It's probably my one of the most played games from this site. It's just too perfect in its own ways and the ending with Alyssa is blessing in disguise

Coming on commonly pointed cons, Yes one LI, in fact 2 LI, have complex gameplays to achieve their Good Endings and this does bugger off few players but I would still recommend this to everyone because a flawed beauty is the best beauty indeed
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Angelray

WHere to start to describe how bad i found this game?
    1) no music at all. It's a very bad start but it may be overviewed if the rest is good...
    2) models are in the "poor" side of the scale.
    3) no sense of direction at all, just simple background with a character displayed and dialogue going on.
    4) during the first 30 minutes i had one "sexy time"... it was evoked in text. No image, nothing. I wouldn't care because it's a wanking time for MC, but then where is the sexyness of the game? all the girls look approximatively the same and have the same non existent personality.
    5) there is a fake impression of "gameplay"-type of VN where you choose where to go... but in fact it's just a fake front: you have no choice of gameplay type, just discussion type of choice.
    6) discussion choice VN are not bad; there are many good ones... but here the choices seem poorly designed and finally irrelevant.

No story, just boring events, one after another.

Stay away and play any other game of the same type to feel better.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

frank0990

Definition of average/poor. Soo many repetitive images and the same scenes over and over again, completely pointless.
    The dialogue was a mix between decent and bad, the images were not the best, some animations were pretty poor.
    In terms of the story.. could have been better. The points system is stupid. I got a bad ending because of a single, I'd say insignificant minor choice, I mean really..
    Overall, 2.5 stars, game is pretty old otherwise it would have been lower by today standards.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

Realistic & simple with plenty of choices. All the girls r really gorgeous. Animations though quite few are very well done. My fav part is that from the beginning everything kind of points that Helena is your soul mate but as I kept playing I fell in love with my roommate Ana. That was something I did not expect & I enjoyed the happy ending I got with her. A sweet & short love story.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

snofire7011

Graphics and sex scenes were pretty good. A lot of different paths to go down so pretty decent storyline. Big downside and almost got me to quit playing were the huge amounts of reused scenes and dialogue over and over and over.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

vforvlad

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The story is engaging and has many different branching paths that you can take. All of the women are beautiful so it is difficult to choose which one to pick for your first play-through. Great game!
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Sieglinnde

I really liked it, it has a story... Well built, it's not something I haven't seen, but I really liked how it's built (at least with a certain character, since I only got the ending number 8) I like the characters... From what I saw, I only felt that there were some in which the story did not delve into, although it was probably because of my decisions, the decisions affect the story in an incredible way, perhaps I felt a little forced the fact that if you agree to be with one girl the other will automatically leave you even if you haven't told her anything about it... I felt a bit rushed, but it's not something that I really disliked. The models are very good, they do not feel uncomfortable and they are pleasant to look at or at least I like them a lot. And the story, in my opinion as I said, is not the second advent of Jesus Christ but it is very good and entertaining. The sex scenes are not wasted either since they are very well made and do not feel orthopedic, if you are looking to have a good time with a good story, then you have to try this game. I'll keep it there and maybe one day I'll decide to get the other endings... I would do it immediately, but I'm always very lazy to get all the endings out of a game. My respects to the developer, it's not easy to make a good an entertaining story this days.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

JRelengod

Boring, no choice game with less than exciting renders. The translation isn't very good. Overall the game just feels kind of half-hearted. Its strange, but hopefully someone can get some fun out of it.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Bloodguard

Probably deserved one star, but some of the renders and animations are pretty good.
    The Good
    Some renders and animations are quite good, especially for an older game. That's about it.
    The Not so Good
    Grammar/Translation is pretty terrible. Sometimes you will literally have to guess as to what's going on, as the dialogue makes no sense at all.
    MC is super inconsistent, but overall a pretty big Douche. Default seems to be selfish asshole, or spineless loser, and even with some positive choices that seems to bleed through.
    Choices are pretty random. Not enough when you want them, and too many that don't seem to matter at all.
    Even with a guide the endings don't make sense, and way too many bad endings, for no apparent reason at all.
    Biggest negative for me, is no audio at all. No sound effects, no music, nada. Really needs sexy sounds in the lewd scenes at least.
    Second biggest negative is no gallery. There are some pretty decent scenes here, but some are very hard to get to.
    On the upside, this Devs second game, I really enjoyed and definitely recommend, just not this one. ;)
  12. 1.00 star(s)

pablo25

well, didnt expect this kind of game. choices you make does not matter because the story goes anyway. if the game gives you left or right, you click left then it will give you 2 extra sentences and after that the story goes right anyway.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

duckie68

So, a law student gets kicked out due to anger management issues.

It's a bit of a stretch to believe he gets to finish his last... well, few weeks I guess at another school, but I'll allow it.

I'll even allow getting into fights at his new school. He does meet a violent douchebag that would try the patience of a saint.

The part I don't get, is a law student with anger management issues on record *raping* a girl... No, not in a "fantasy fulfilment within an adult visual novel" kind of way where you get to choose to be as bad as you want to be in a make believe setting. I'm talking about a guy who should know better raping a woman and you as the player get no choice in the matter.

No consequences. Heck, the MC never even sweats the fact that he attacks this woman. The woman even uses the most disgusting defence of every rapist who ever saw a judge by suggesting "couldn't you tell this is just what I wanted by how I was dressed and acting?".

Don't get me wrong. I've known entitled fucks who work in the legal profession and treat the law as something made for the little people while they engage in drugs and violence as a matter of course but this "game" pretty much makes out everyone to just be a shitty person.

Maybe it's a bad translation. Maybe some of the broken english in this game is a badly translated metaphor that in the original language spells out "Hey, you know I'm a real freak and I'd love for you to pin me to the ground and rape me", after all, the MC is never even remotely worried about this. Maybe?

So, I have done some disgusting shit when playing these games, but this one pisses me off beyond belief because I simply had no say in the matter. I never got to wonder about "that forbidden choice" after a first playthrough because it was never a choice. The MC is a shithead and no other action he takes makes up for it. Even worse, there is no thought of consequences for this action at all.

OH BOY, the MC saves another woman from harrassment, he impresses another by not being as violent as her current boyfriend, he attracts a Polyanna for... reasons, and he is a rapist.

Fuck this.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

WuzzyFuzzy

I'm confused. The story supposedly takes place while the MC is in law school. Graduate college/university, then attend law school. By that time one would think there is a certain level of maturity to expect of those in the story. Instead, what we have is behavior on par with a middle-school playground. Silly, childish, petty behavior. Fist-fights over nothing. Whining, entitlement, sophomoric attitudes. The term "boy" is often used to describe the male characters (and although they do frequently act childish, at ~25 y/o one would not use the term "boy". (Maybe it's a cultural thing with the dev.) Also the same with the use of the term "girl". Just cheap writing.

And the worst of the lot is the MC. He pouts, he sulks, he's, frankly, pathetic. Chauvinistic in his attitude about women, emotionally fragile, and pedantic.

I suspect this story might appeal to teenagers who do not yet know appropriate behavior for adults of this age, otherwise, the script is much too weak to be considered a success.

I will give it a star for the quality of the renders which are excellent.

++ Renders
    ------------
    ---- Poorly written script
    - rudimentary animations
    - no effort to add any audio
  15. 5.00 star(s)

betatester

this game / novel is exiting and i mean it the storyline is great the characters are adorable and sexy and there is just so much to do literally bang them all i love it you can choose to pursue romance or total depravity its just amazing
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Unexpected Error

+ Pros

decent renders. And thats where it ends.

- Cons

Unlikable protagonist douchebag with no backbones.

Boring story (I never klicked the left mousbutton so hard an fast before)

Story trys to put me in a place, where I care about a stupid cu*t that lies from the start and is in a relationship with an even worse guy with a serious Inferiority complex and small penis. (and fails miserable at it)

Annoying klicking for actions (picture in picture) for simple tasks like showering or makeing breakfast.

Very short and uneventful days.

Summary - Maybe this would be good as a kinetic novelle, but it doesn´t work to well in this form. The same goes for not beeing able to name the protagonist.

Nice try, Ofc it is not that bad as it may sound how I describe it, other people may like it. Just not my taste. Good luck in the future with other projects.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

doe50818

The visuals are okay, so the visual part of this novel is okay. The writing is an entirely different story.

The writing is not only extremely wordy and convoluted, there are quite a few expressions being used that aren't really a thing, at least not in English speech. People don't talk like this. Literally every sentence that is seven words or longer could've been made shorter while preserving their meaning. It's like I'm reading a mediocre translation of Tolstoy here. The game description says each character has their own persona, but I don't see it. Every character speaks with the same convoluted flair. The main character's inner voice is no different from the gym owner's voice, everyone speaks the same way, even though presumably they have quite different educational backgrounds and should therefore speak differently. "hello there good sir, fancy a training?" What is this, the 18th century? I've had more casual conversations with my linguist professor at recess, who was the most uptight person I've ever known. Half the time I have literally no idea what the dialogues are about, I was less confused reading Lord of the Rings as a non-native speaker 10 years ago with a much lesser grasp of English. Then to add insult to injury, these characters commit basic banalities amidst all these high-flown speeches like using the word 'literally' wrong. Conversations this uptight won't even help you establish a business relationship in real life, because even after 10 years in academia it sounds nothing short of pretentious, so how am I supposed to swallow that this kind of speech is being used in a contemporary, casual setting to pick up women? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

I was so much the opposite of entertained, I couldn't make it past day 9 before I contemplated to look for a different game to entertain myself. Or read Ulysses to relax my brain after the confusion it has been put through. I feel genuinely bad for the animators and am ridden with guilt for giving this game such a low score, but the writing completely ruins their work...
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Newi31

The story isn't that interesting. In general the twists aren't exciting, and to make matters worse a lot of scenes are rehashed copy-pastes. The story does have branching paths but I experienced only one of them as...

Most of the girls lacked charm. They're gorgeous but the predictable type you know right away.

The sex scenes are hot because of how descriptive they are. They're different from the rest of the game - as if they're pulled from 50 Shades of Grey or something. Less hot is that scenes are, again, often repeated with at best a different dialogue.

The writing - except for the sexy bits - comes from someone whose first language clearly isn't english. That and my lack of engagement with the story means I could never give this more than an average 3-rating.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

scarletlove

Really enjoyed the characters in the game, especially the teacher.
    The renders for all the girls were beautiful and the dialogues and scenes were engaging.
    I would have liked if there was some more conflict in the story, but that's my personal preference.
    Would definitely recommend!!!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Doverkey

I really liked it, but I understand that many will not like the lack of choice in the game in some places (although the game has 15 endings!).

I played in a Russian translation and I liked the text, but I heard that the game has a bad translation into English.

I liked the plot, the dialogs, the quality of the renderings and the sex scenes. And what else is needed to get 5 points? Moreover, this of course does not influence my assessment, but it is very pleasing that the game has been completed, unlike many other projects.

This game definitely deserves your attention.