Ren'Py - Abandoned - Twists & Turns [v0.1] [Minaki Studios]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Jacky109.5

Twists & Turns [v0.1] [Minaki Studios] is a good start for an intro, although I wish there were more for a start. The main character is annoying but kind of likable as well. So far, the story seems to be doing lewd stuff as a CEO and, of course, as a family or with the family. The renders and one animation we got were nice but ended very abruptly, and I feel exploring the sandbox might get repetitive and annoying in the future. Overall though, there is not much to judge yet, but giving a score would probably be 3.5 out of 5.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Turning Tricks

I'm reviewing the initial release, version 0.1.

The game has a very solid foundation to start and the UI and graphics are very slick and bug-free, for the most part. I give it 4 stars for this version. I took a star off for two reasons...

First reason was a quest at the very beginning where you have to find something and it's basically one of those "click everything all over the place until you find it" quests. I hate them and, if they are annoying on a 24" monitor, imagine how bad they are on an Android device.

Second reason was that there is just not much content yet. The story seems interesting and there's a couple of funny scenes and a few lewd ones, but honestly, you can finish this in about 20 minutes (not counting the time to find that item I mention!)

As the game stands right now, it's another empty sandbox. Lots of gorgeous rooms and environments to click through and a really slick UI, but nothing to see. The dev really needs to get some content in this world, if they want to succeed, IMO.

Pos:

• Nice renders
    • Slick UI
    • Story seems pretty original
    • Good looking characters

Cons:

• Sandbox quest system needs work
    • Not much content

Recommendations:

Concentrate on content for the next release. A large amount of scenes and things to do will make a huge difference to the reception this game gets, IMO.

I'd recommend being able to change the names and ages of the characters. hard coding them in as they are will just get you unwanted attention.

Good luck with your project.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

SStuntin

Not much to say since this is still just day 1 but the renders look amazing. For a start it's pretty good, some of the characters look super promising, will definitely come back to this one in a couple months.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

The sandbox is abysmal. The MC is annoying. The renders are kinda okay. But the real kicker is that the dev shows the MC fucking about with a 13 year old. I'm all for not shaming people for their kinks but that's just sick.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Gettyra

What little is here right now(version 0.01) looks very promising especially for being this early of an edition. Most games at this stage look like tech demo's which makes this one a nice change of pace. Will be keeping a good eye on it.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

Sandbox games can be tricky because they need to be simplified as much as they can in order to make the game easier with less clicks and whatnot. Initially, I though it started out good but then when you factor in how many times you have to click around to even get a certain perspective or view of certain rooms it can be tiresome. Not to mention each move is timed, early on I click too many times and I thought I'd be late to work because of it. Thank god he doesn't lose energy or get hungry with every click because that would really suck.

Story:
    From what I've played our main character is this rich, somewhat delusional, overconfident middle aged guy, with a wife and 3 "roommates". He's a CEO/Owner of what looks like a tech company, his "roommates" are into risqué stuff. Wifey seems fine so far. Miranda was probably the better model in terms of looks, anyway she works under you and tries to keep you in line when you're being an obnoxious prick. I must say he has a really slappable face and that's pretty much it, I can definitely see early comparisons with the game "MC" and that's why I don't think this is right for me.

Gameplay:
    *Sigh* It's a sandbox, so it's what you make it.
    There's a points system in place, Dom and probably Sub paths.

Renders:
    Okay for the most part, some renders were really grainy. Some were of low quality.

Only real positive for me was that you can save on your electric bill.