Two questions: Game Engines and perverted Games

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
It is a while since i joined this wonderful board and in the beginning i downloaded lots of games.
But there are two things i noticed.

1) different game engines. To this day i am not sure which i really prefer. I know lots of people seem not to like RPGM, though i think sometimes this is not actually bad. The last one i am playing is Downfall and it works well for that game.
Ren'Py is great and i like Python in general though i would not say that in general games are better.
Anyway, i am not really sure which game engine is preferred or which has advantages over another.

2) in the beginning i thought 'ok, this is a adult board so there must be lots of perverted stuff. mmm.. ok, you find some perverted stuff for sure, but there are actually only a slim variety of games i would consider perverted or lewd in nature. Meaning games that delve in the darker sphere of things.
On top of that i think i prefer female protagonist over male. Male usually shows how many females a male can dominate or use, where i rather play the victim. In case i like to play male, i usually do not like to see the male at all. But for me those are mostly games that revolve around son/mom games. So the incest route.
Someone told me once that the reason why there are not much perverted games out there is that Patreon does not allow it. Dunno if that is true but i take it.

Anyway, these are my two questions.

p.s. i am not into hentai and stuff. So anything pixel or manga style is a no for me. It just does not do it for me.

Cheers.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If you call perverted content, loli, rape and incest then yes, patreon is to blame because they remove games with this content and even f95 will remove 3d loli content.

I would suggest trying to play some japanese games, even if you aren't in pixel or manga style right now you can probably get used to it.

Originally I was the opposite and could never get into DAZ/3DCG stuff, but after I played a few games here and there I started getting into them also.
I still prefer 2DCG/rendered games in general but I have no issues trying to play the low effort stuff also now.

The human brain can always adapt, If you want to open a whole new horizon of perverted stuff give it a chance, start with simple stuff and see how much you are able to unlock.

And if you want a smooth transition, you can always start with western games that use 2DCG art, like this, and only then move on to japanese games.

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
If you call perverted content, loli, rape and incest then yes, patreon is to blame because they remove games with this content and even f95 will remove 3d loli content.

I would suggest trying to play some japanese games, even if you aren't in pixel or manga style right now you can probably get used to it.

Originally I was the opposite and could never get into DAZ/3DCG stuff, but after I played a few games here and there I started getting into them also.
I still prefer 2DCG/rendered games in general but I have no issues trying to play the low effort stuff also now.

The human brain can always adapt, If you want to open a whole new horizon of perverted stuff give it a chance, start with simple stuff and see how much you are able to unlock.

And if you want a smooth transition, you can always start with western games that use 2DCG art, like this, and only then move on to japanese games.
I will give it a shot.
Its just very different and i can not really connect comic style with sex. Well, not really true. I once downloaded some comic art that was very mean like blowjob bdsm.
Anyway, i will give it a shot.
As for content. I wonder if some content is just not acceptable.
I have to educate myself with the term loli. :) But thats ok. In general i prefer 3DCG because its just or could look real. To an extent. But it really depends on the creator and how gifted or what directions that person goes.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them..

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
in the beginning i thought 'ok, this is a adult board so there must be lots of perverted stuff. mmm.. ok, you find some perverted stuff for sure, but there are actually only a slim variety of games i would consider perverted or lewd in nature.
I'm afraid to ask what you consider 'lewd' and 'perverted'! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: kinkyshin

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I'm afraid to ask what you consider 'lewd' and 'perverted'! :ROFLMAO:
Oh my, what did i write noooooo :eek:
I meant more, how to frame this, more violent prostitution. Most games i downloaded are for sure lewd but they tend to be on the corruption side. My idea would be more of a forced nature.
That sound probably bad. So like MC would take some shady loan and payback. Or some other twist. Well, my idea of perverted. :oops:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I have to educate myself with the term loli.
Loli is a chiefly-English abbreviation of (and the target of) lolicon, which is short for lolita complex, which is what Japan calls .
Which, the term Lolita, itself, comes from the titular character in the 1955 book by Vladimir Nabokov where the main character of the novel, a middle-aged professor named Humbert Humbert, actively grooms and rapes an adolescent girl (among other things) while being her stepfather.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Ah, I get it... Yeah, many sites don't allow stuff like that because they run into problems with payment processors and can even get in trouble with local laws.
Thats what i read onces.
Patreon seems to be king. So there is not much choice if a developer wants to get paid. Not sure about the legal side. Though probable. On the other hand you have also violent games with sex here. Perhaps there is a red line.

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
Which, the term Lolita, itself, comes from the titular character in the 1955 book by Vladimir Nabokov where the main character of the novel, a middle-aged professor named Humbert Humbert, actively grooms and rapes an adolescent girl (among other things) while being her stepfather.
Thats what i read onces.
Patreon seems to be king. So there is not much choice if a developer wants to get paid. Not sure about the legal side. Though probable. On the other hand you have also violent games with sex here. Perhaps there is a red line.
There is nothing wrong with liking a shorter girl who is slender and the stigma against that is really harmful to women who genetically can't help being born that way.

The real issue with loli content is that pedophiles start projecting onto the characters, even when those characters have adult bodies. People who make laws have decided that if you are a small women with a slender figure and small titties, it is a crime to be attracted to you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
There is nothing wrong with liking a shorter girl who is slender and the stigma against that is really harmful to women who genetically can't help being born that way.

The real issue with loli content is that pedophiles start projecting onto the characters, even when those characters have adult bodies. People who make laws have decided that if you are a small women with a slender figure and small titties, it is a crime to be attracted to you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am not into loli myself. The term through me off. But it makes sense. Should thought about it before.
Pedo, thats just sick.

In regards to game engines, i am so far that i accept unity.
Seems like a good engine. But it seems, to me, that it is up to the developer how great it will be.
The best i can think at the moment is True Bond where you have saves and everything else. Which is nice.

RenPy seems to be choice number one for VN.
I think i like the aspect that it is opensource. Though i haven't seen games that were text based on it. Like a game like FemLife made on RenPy.

3D games in sex games did not convince me on the other hand. Most of the time the renders are just not great. But that does not say anything about the game engine itself.

But i am not sure why someone take on engine over the other. Perhaps it maybe true that a developer just feels good with the engine he/she knows best.

Thanks

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
I am not into loli myself. The term through me off. But it makes sense. Should thought about it before.
Pedo, thats just sick.

In regards to game engines, i am so far that i accept unity.
Seems like a good engine. But it seems, to me, that it is up to the developer how great it will be.
The best i can think at the moment is True Bond where you have saves and everything else. Which is nice.

RenPy seems to be choice number one for VN.
I think i like the aspect that it is opensource. Though i haven't seen games that were text based on it. Like a game like FemLife made on RenPy.

3D games in sex games did not convince me on the other hand. Most of the time the renders are just not great. But that does not say anything about the game engine itself.

But i am not sure why someone take on engine over the other. Perhaps it maybe true that a developer just feels good with the engine he/she knows best.

Thanks
Renpy is easy to use and friendly, i dont know why devs use unity for vn's. I've worked in Unity enough to know that you're better off just paying someone to make your extra RenPy functionality in python instead of learning a whole engine plus C# or handing over money to their asset store just to get a little more function.

3d renders are fine and my favorite devs from this site work in that medium making vn's, but I actually don't like DAZ renders. 2D, despite the number of users who swear by it is just lower quality most of the time and the good ones are such a small amount of them overall.

Real time 3d games arent too well received and there are a lot of reasons for that. The ceiling to make acceptable quality work is really high and the backend to learning all the skills just to make something small and bad is literally hundreds of hour or a lot of cash.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Renpy is easy to use and friendly, i dont know why devs use unity for vn's. I've worked in Unity enough to know that you're better off just paying someone to make your extra RenPy functionality in python instead of learning a whole engine plus C# or handing over money to their asset store just to get a little more function.

3d renders are fine and my favorite devs from this site work in that medium making vn's, but I actually don't like DAZ renders. 2D, despite the number of users who swear by it is just lower quality most of the time and the good ones are such a small amount of them overall.

Real time 3d games arent too well received and there are a lot of reasons for that. The ceiling to make acceptable quality work is really high and the backend to learning all the skills just to make something small and bad is literally hundreds of hour or a lot of cash.
Well, yes.

I am ok, if its believable. 3D is perhaps nice, but i think not always necessarily.

A game i like for its artistic is A Mother and a Wife. It just look fabulous.
There must have been a lot of craft going in to make it.
And then there is the problem how well a game ages. Some not that well. Other more.
I am actually one that is playing some games at least more than once. Especially if there a choice you can make to shift the game.

So i am highly interested in games that are not just a clip show but rather let you make your own choices. That is even above the renders.

I am not very familiar to the techniques in regards of game engine. But i would assume that you do not want to spend to much time on coding amounts of hours but rather spend more time on the game itself.

I haven't spend time on the coding side of RenPy but trying to teach myself Python itself.
Though i think i probably will never do a game. Just all the art work itself seems so overwhelming to me.

What i really miss in games is the variety of characters to represent more real people. Meaning GILF's that actually look older. Milfs that are visibly older than the young male counterparts. There are games that just have mostly supermodels. I can not really relate to that.

Anyway, there is a lot to be learned.

cutepen

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2021
Maybe a dumb question but what’s the differentiation for rape? It seems to me every other game I play even on Steam have a rape-y scene, though the girl usually ends up enjoying it. Or all those cases of “punishment” even when someone is like a prisoner and they punish them with sex, that would be rape irl, but not in a game?

Sorry if dumb question, as a dev I’m genuinely trying to understand how this works.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Or all those cases of “punishment” even when someone is like a prisoner and they punish them with sex, that would be rape irl, but not in a game?
They probably just consider more serious rape where consent just can't be implied or is being fetishized, the more hardcore stuff where the victim is depicted suffering.
Like incest there is some leeway and probably will depend on whom is reviewing the game, here is their statement:
"Offensive and graphic creations:
We understand that artists sometimes have to push boundaries to create thought-provoking art, so we don’t review offensive and graphic creations with strict black and white guidelines. We instead review creations in the context of the whole creator page.

However, we have zero tolerance when it comes to the glorification of sexual violence which includes bestiality, rape, and child exploitation (i.e., sexualized depiction of minors). This is true for illustrated, animated, or any other type of creations. Patreon reserves the right to review and remove accounts that may violate this guideline.

We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish creations that are hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex.

We understand that some topics on this list such as incest or rape are a little bit more complicated because these situations are, unfortunately, part of real life. As a result, when reviewing these types of creations, the Trust and Safety team will take into consideration context including personal, historical or educational narrative. For example, survivor stories or fiction such as Lolita are allowed on Patreon."

And again that's for patreon, different platforms might have a different set of rules.

cutepen

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2021
They probably just consider more serious rape where consent just can't be implied or is being fetishized, the more hardcore stuff where the victim is depicted suffering.
Like incest there is some leeway and probably will depend on whom is reviewing the game, here is their statement:
"Offensive and graphic creations:
We understand that artists sometimes have to push boundaries to create thought-provoking art, so we don’t review offensive and graphic creations with strict black and white guidelines. We instead review creations in the context of the whole creator page.

However, we have zero tolerance when it comes to the glorification of sexual violence which includes bestiality, rape, and child exploitation (i.e., sexualized depiction of minors). This is true for illustrated, animated, or any other type of creations. Patreon reserves the right to review and remove accounts that may violate this guideline.

We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish creations that are hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex.

We understand that some topics on this list such as incest or rape are a little bit more complicated because these situations are, unfortunately, part of real life. As a result, when reviewing these types of creations, the Trust and Safety team will take into consideration context including personal, historical or educational narrative. For example, survivor stories or fiction such as Lolita are allowed on Patreon."

And again that's for patreon, different platforms might have a different set of rules.
Thanks! I guess I see where they're coming from, though at the same the lines are sometimes so blurry it's hard to tell.

For example, the Steam game Succubus apparently has a scene (haven't played it that far) where you rip out a fetus out of a pregnant demon and eat it, or something like that.

The part I find most confusing is "depicted suffering" since many games are so gory and filled with people screaming in pain, hmm. Is the line when this is done in a sexual way?

Like for example if I have a game where I shoot off someone's dick and they scream in pain ... or going to the game of thrones scene where it actually starts with sex.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
For example, the Steam game Succubus apparently has a scene (haven't played it that far) where you rip out a fetus out of a pregnant demon and eat it, or something like that.

The part I find most confusing is "depicted suffering" since many games are so gory and filled with people screaming in pain, hmm. Is the line when this is done in a sexual way?
Again, the line is not clear and it will depend on several factors but fetishization of the content certainly is big part of it.
If the succubus just eats the baby for HP that's just violence and a though provoking scene, it is a tool used to shock people and not to arouse them.
But if the succubus had a giant dick and then they showed a minute long scene where she started fucking that baby in the ass only to later eat him, then it would certainly fall under fetishization territory and that content would most likely be banned.

Boundaries are delicate, there would need to be a very good reason to show the second scene while the first one is more excusable since succubus are known for extracting lifeforce from others, so the depiction and justification of the content is very important when you are exploring boundaries much like that game is.

Nov 27, 2018
Excessive gore and body horror are considered "socially-acceptable".

Some Japanese eroge with disturbing rape scenes Steam is fine with, other ones are banned, and the moderation isn't transparent there. The player character being the perpetrator thereof may play a role - who knows?

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Meaning Less

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Again, the line is not clear and it will depend on several factors but fetishization of the content certainly is big part of it.
If the succubus just eats the baby for HP that's just violence and a though provoking scene, it is a tool used to shock people and not to arouse them.
But if the succubus had a giant dick and then they showed a minute long scene where she started fucking that baby in the ass only to later eat him, then it would certainly fall under fetishization territory and that content would most likely be banned.

Boundaries are delicate, there would need to be a very good reason to show the second scene while the first one is more excusable since succubus are known for extracting lifeforce from others, so the depiction and justification of the content is very important when you are exploring boundaries much like that game is.
Well, it is all about context.

I mean i played Sims 4 for awhile and used Devious Desires with it. There you have rape. Its actually shattering as Sims 4 has emotions.
Anyway, i am getting it, that it is not easy to answer.

Games like that would be too naughty to be on any paysite.