Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v2.9.7

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

For what compressor u want mass/bulk game compress feature?

• RPGM MV/MZ

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • HTML

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I want be able to bulk compress all engines (this is not planned since too hard to add)

• I want to compress all xp3 files in game folder (no u don't coz some games are encrypted)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I don't want this feature at all so don't waste ur time on it, just enjoy ur summer time :)

• I have potato PC

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I have average PC

• I have fast PC

• I have super PC

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
CPU load is with amf by 13% , with uagc by 48-63%. On the file you send me amf was 1s faster on the other file amf was 50% faster.

Comparision:
Ok, so my conclusion that I'll better implement ultrafast ffmpeg for HTML compressor than amf coz it gives worse quality and speed gain should be about the same coz almost half of ur CPU in UAGC is not used but with ultrafast mode (when it's running several ffmpeg instances) it should utilize ur CPU almost at max that should give up 2x speed boost in some cases...

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Ok, so my conclusion that I'll better implement ultrafast ffmpeg for HTML compressor than amf coz it gives worse quality and speed gain should be about the same coz almost half of ur CPU in UAGC is not used but with ultrafast mode (when it's running several ffmpeg instances) it should utilize ur CPU almost at max that should give up 2x speed boost in some cases...
Yes. On x264 amf not performing very well. Will have later a test with x265, but that is not widely used. So mutiple instances of ffmpeg should do the trick then. On midrange Ryzen and intel CPU it perhaps have an impact.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Reactions: Asenaris

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
It's possible to do it manually but not worth coz it would take hours and results wouldn't be great coz .swf files has lots jpeg images (for doing animation) that are already heavy compressed (about 23Kb per file).
Oh Okay.

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
Yes. On x264 amf not performing very well. Will have later a test with x265, but that is not widely used. So mutiple instances of ffmpeg should do the trick then. On midrange Ryzen and intel CPU it perhaps have an impact.
Dude h265 is not widely used? x264 should be long gone and whats amf? Megalol for html compression in your app every browser supports AV1 now you should add SVT-AV1 and not the ffmpeg build but the Intel build from Gitlab. A well tuned RTX Nvenc encoder can match/beat x264 so really no reason to use it. Also Avif for HTML wouuld be a good idea again ill post a build with SVT-AV1 as the avif encoder as almost all browsers support AVIF too now. Workiing on SDL 2.6 into Renpy 8 and then thats it. JpegXL and Avif are in SDL 2.6 and it's game over webp jpg png all of it will be finished and opus seems best for audio all around I mean none of these games are working with Apple Lossless ha so no real audio quality to lose. Anyways watching your progress man and great work!

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Dude h265 is not widely used? x264 should be long gone and whats amf? Megalol for html compression in your app every browser supports AV1 now you should add SVT-AV1 and not the ffmpeg build but the Intel build from Gitlab. A well tuned RTX Nvenc encoder can match/beat x264 so really no reason to use it. Also Avif for HTML wouuld be a good idea again ill post a build with SVT-AV1 as the avif encoder as almost all browsers support AVIF too now. Workiing on SDL 2.6 into Renpy 8 and then thats it. JpegXL and Avif are in SDL 2.6 and it's game over webp jpg png all of it will be finished and opus seems best for audio all around I mean none of these games are working with Apple Lossless ha so no real audio quality to lose. Anyways watching your progress man and great work!
Name at least one well (or not) known game engine that uses h265? AV1 video encoding still kinda slow and avif images still not supported by MS Edge - yeah I know that almost nobody uses it but anyway images in html games is about 1% of its size so better help me which still can't (or most likely don't want) add avif/ in his engine...

Last edited:

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
wow ms-edge doesn't have avif? Literally like never used it sorry I stand corrected and as I said html compressor for AV1 as at least I thought basically all browsers have avif and AV1 support.SVT-AV1 is like really good now. beats x265 in speed and quality! RPGMv-Z support AVIF-AV1-JXL if you update them as I have and have shared a few lossless JXL versions of games on here. I have gotten like 60 percent size cut with no quality loss

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
h265 is widely used on platforms like youtube, other streaming plattforms and other things (like on blurays). So on the commercial sector h265 is used widely, but for most games here in the forum not.

AMF is a toolkit to use the VCE (VCN what that called now) on Amd Cards. Is is basicly like Nvenc, but much worser (after the testing yesterday).

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
And
h265 is widely used on platforms like youtube, other streaming plattforms and other things (like on blurays). So on the commercial sector h265 is used widely, but for most games here in the forum not.

AMF is a toolkit to use the VCE (VCN what that called now) on Amd Cards. Is is basicly like Nvenc, but much worser (after the testing yesterday).

Gotcha yeah didn't know that about AMD cards thanks and actually h265 really only widely used by Apple in the commercial sector and blurays since it's not royalty free hence why Google developed VP8 and then VP9 and VP10 which became AV1. most all youtube is VP9/AV1 now but funny story Steve Jobs comments on google and vp9 how they spent more money developing a worse encoder(than h265) not till AV1 did they beat h265 and that's only very recently when Intel joined the game and dumped massive resources into it as well. anyways interesting stuff

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Update (OP would be updated at v2.0 final release) v2.0 release candidate 5 (install on v2.0 rc4):

For HTML compressor added ffmpeg ultrafast mode (for both VP9 and H.264). For Unity compressor added experimental support for bundle files like in this game The Spellbook (feature "try to compress all..." needs to be enabled for that) but webm videos compression not supported yet and needs to be implemented. For Ren'Py compressor added support for audio files with .opus extension also "pack game folder to 7z..." feature now saving its state when pressing "Save" button.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Update (OP would be updated at v2.0 final release) v2.0 release candidate 5 (install on v2.0 rc4):

For HTML compressor added ffmpeg ultrafast mode (for both VP9 and H.264). For Unity compressor added experimental support for bundle files like in this game The Spellbook (feature "try to compress all..." needs to be enabled for that) but webm videos compression not supported yet and needs to be implemented. For Ren'Py compressor added support for audio files with .opus extension also "pack game folder to 7z..." feature now saving its state when pressing "Save" button.
Nice Update,Test your new update for opus files on Re-Dreamer,Result it's Really Good,Many Thanks for this
P.S Continue get fan from this update, Ultrafast ffmpeg on html it's real cheat,but potato pc not help anything :D

Last edited:
Reactions: megalol

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
succubus-final-orcsoft.124516/ (Others XP3 ~1.3 GB,Don't Work after compression images,anyone have idea how solve this?)
Kirikiri engine has lots of different modifications made by game developers (that why I'm almost abandoned xp3 compressor) and this one doesn't allows trick with compressing non-transparent png to jpg - game just refuses to read renamed to jpg png files and renamed jpg to png also. So I need to add feature in xp3 compressor that would allow UAGC user to disable png -> jpg conversion and just compress png with pinga (that'll give worse quality that jpg)...

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Quick update/fix (OP would be updated at v2.0 final release) v2.0 release candidate 6 (install on v2.0 rc5):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also it fixes GameMaker repack maker not able to create rar SFX installer. Btw for GameMaker I'm planning to make other compressor that does it without repacking but which imports compressed images directly (to the data.win file) with UndertaleModTool but its command line version has still bugs with importing so I'm waiting when and if this would be fixed...

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Asenaris and "CJ"

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
hey Megalol-just tossing another idea out idk have you thought about just dumping nconvert/pingo all together and just using dynamically linked codec builds which hence can always be cutting edge i mean that guys been updating pingo a lot recently but didn't for long time and Xnview Dev what puts out 3 builds of nconvert a year? and doesn't often even update the codecs hes still using a year old version of JXL for example. A thought but again a mega GUI based compressor is really I don't think appreciated enough and if like Megapixel-QT or Nmkoder or Staxrip you would be ready to pivot to the next wave of codecs (AV1-JXL-AVIF) when they do get mainstream adoption. Very appreciative of what your trying to do!

obraz.png
largest image codec comparison ever done by cloudinary 44 thousand people rated more than 1 million images so DMOS is an arbitrary scale from the peoples ratings heres the link. webP only beats the AVIF hardware encoder ha! jxl is best overall.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
hey Megalol-just tossing another idea out idk have you thought about just dumping nconvert/pingo all together and just using dynamically linked codec builds which hence can always be cutting edge i mean that guys been updating pingo a lot recently but didn't for long time and Xnview Dev what puts out 3 builds of nconvert a year? and doesn't often even update the codecs hes still using a year old version of JXL for example. A thought but again a mega GUI based compressor is really I don't think appreciated enough and if like Megapixel-QT or Nmkoder or Staxrip you would be ready to pivot to the next wave of codecs (AV1-JXL-AVIF) when they do get mainstream adoption. Very appreciative of what your trying to do!

View attachment 1950384
largest image codec comparison ever done by cloudinary 44 thousand people rated more than 1 million images so DMOS is an arbitrary scale from the peoples ratings heres the link. webP only beats the AVIF hardware encoder ha! jxl is best overall.

Hey, I appreciate any suggestions and useful info but I think it's out my knowledge and for example pingo is not open source as far as I know anyway and it "shipped" as .exe file only. Anyway if for example some game engine would have avif or jxl support I'll add it as fast as I can (like I did it for RPGM MV with avif) but for now new codecs support is very limited.

Reactions: mav99 and Asenaris

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Update (OP would be updated at v2.0 final release) v2.0 release candidate 7 (install on v2.0 rc6):

Added new GameMaker (not repack) compressor for images only (UndertaleModTool command line version has no support for audio and video yet)... New versions (>= 2.3.7) of GameMaker Studio uses new QOI image format (with BZ2 compression) for textures so making repack in this case has almost zero effectivity and new compressor would be useful for this situation. For example Julia Young and Dumb v5.1 would be compressed (after packing to 7z ultra) a bit smaller than 500Mb and takes about 7 mins on default settings (UndertaleModTool CLI import/export is kinda slow) at my PC. The downside it that the trick with new GM compressor works only with pingo + "-pngpalette" switch that at some pictures with a lot of small details which has bright colors (like clothing shops) could lead to big quality loss.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Asenaris and "CJ"
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes