Ren'Py Unable to save renpy games

Smoerj

Jun 17, 2022
Dont know where i can ask this so i will try here for a small hope.
I have a problem with some renpy games that allows me to save but the game dosnt save even tho it looks like it.
Some games work and other dont.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Dont know where i can ask this so i will try here for a small hope.
I have a problem with some renpy games that allows me to save but the game dosnt save even tho it looks like it.
Some games work and other dont.
Hmm, with so few information, it's really hard to know what can be the issue.
Take a look at this and try to see if it solve the issue.

Smoerj

Jun 17, 2022
Looks like it dosnt work. The problem is it wont save in the %appdata% folder under roaming-renpy. The game comes up but the folder is empty. Some games work others dont. I have also tried downloading from a different browser.
3 of the 4 games that i have tried downloading works but Evermore dosnt want to save the progress. Same has happend with some other games that i have deleted.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
3 of the 4 games that i have tried downloading works but Evermore dosnt want to save the progress.
Hmmm. I just tried, and the game correctly save in the %APPDATA% folder.

And, of course, the fact that it works with some games, but not with others, is the weirdest part here. Would it be the in game save that is the issue, it would make sense, but that it's the %APPDATA% one make none. The game rely on one of the currently most used Ren'Py branch (7.4.x) that share the same load/save code. The issue would happen way more often if it was a code issue.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Attempt to save, then after closing the game soon after, share the log. If the game encountered any issue while saving, it will be written there.

Smoerj

Jun 17, 2022
This might be a stupid question, but how do i share the log after closing the game. Where do i find it?
Thanks for your attention:)