[S>Programmer] Paid Share Unpaid [Unavailable] Ren'Py coder offering help to those in need and in search of sidegigs

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I am no longer offering this service. Thank you for your interest.

Hi, I'm Ambir, nice to meet you.
I hope I will be able to help you in a meaningful way.

Skills:
-3 years of programming experience using python and ren'py.
-I have a background in project management, so I know very well how to handle myself and how to organise my tasks.

Employment Type & Rates:
If what you want is something that can be done quickly and without too much hassle, I'll be happy to give you a hand, free of charge. So if you just need to fix some small issues and don't know how, let me know and I'll help you.

If what you need is more along the line of coding an entire game or a significant part of one, my rate 15$ an hour. If you prefer, we can agree on the work to do and on a payment for it and draft a contract. I'm happy to discuss revenue share if you'd rather go with that.

Availability:
I have other projects I work on, so I will work on yours part time. That being said, I work fast, so it is unlikely that I will be the bottleneck for your project, unless you start me with a massive backlog of tasks.

Preferred method of contact:
1. Contacting me on discord. This is probably the fastest way to join me provided I'm awake. Simply add Ambir#1048 to your friends.
2. If you can't join me, or for some reason you don't like/don't want to use discord, post on this forum/leave me a message in the f95 inbox. I might miss your post for a bit but I will reply to it eventually.

Work Samples:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-demon-hunt-v0-0-1-tarot-games.67005/

Additional comments:
If Ren'Py is the right engine for your project, then I most likely will be able to do what you want.

Please note that if you want me to work on your project, whatever it is, then I will need the full source code. Yes, downloading your game and ripping it open is well within my capabilities, that being said, that method tends to break things and I just don't like it. Also, if you can't even trust me with your source code, then I don't want to work with you, period.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day!

Last edited:

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Alright, schedule filled up quite a bit. I'm still happy to help out if anyone needs support with ren'py and of course, if anyone has a project they want to submit to me, I'm happy to look it up to see if it's interesting. That being said, I will be putting the priority on paid projects.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I am available again. Let me know if you require my services.

SS_bot

Jul 29, 2020
I am just trying to learn...so I guess I can't give you and payment, I just need a bit help around a basic structure of a phone...

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I am just trying to learn...so I guess I can't give you and payment, I just need a bit help around a basic structure of a phone...
Don't worry about it. I'll give you the pointers you need so you can do it yourself and support you if you encounter problems.

NoxAeternae

Jul 8, 2018
Hey, I'm not sure if this is something you offer but I need someone to teach me some basics. I'm a writer as well as an artist, and although I'm working on some fun projects right now my end goal is to make my own game exactly the way I want it. I know nothing about coding (except some very basic python I learned in high school that I almost certainly forgot) and need someone to help me get started on learning. Again, I'm not sure if this is something you offer or would be interested in but if it is, we can discuss details/payment. So let me know.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Hey, I'm not sure if this is something you offer but I need someone to teach me some basics. I'm a writer as well as an artist, and although I'm working on some fun projects right now my end goal is to make my own game exactly the way I want it. I know nothing about coding (except some very basic python I learned in high school that I almost certainly forgot) and need someone to help me get started on learning. Again, I'm not sure if this is something you offer or would be interested in but if it is, we can discuss details/payment. So let me know.
Add me on discord so we can discuss the details. I'm happy to teach you if that's what you need :)

Edit: Ambir#1048 so you don't have to go find it in the thread.

Reactions: tdree