Ren'Py Completed Unconventional Visitor [v1.0][trc450]

Sayathing

Nov 27, 2020
Maybe you could shed a bit of gratitude to the actual human artists who've been carrying the concept of ''sexy virtual waifus'' since the beginning of the internet.
Food for thought :D.
Food for thought; the guy was just expressing his fascination in the development of AI art. Liking AI arts are in no way discrediting actual artist. Maybe avoid being an unnecessary douche next time.

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
Food for thought; the guy was just expressing his fascination in the development of AI art. Liking AI arts are in no way discrediting actual artist. Maybe avoid being an unnecessary douche next time.
Oh really ? ''Liking Ai arts are in no way discrediting actual artist'' ? You sure about that chief ?
Want me to quickly recap how exactly Ai art is generators are created ?

So let's see, ever since the internet was created, people have been posting their work online right ?, drawings, illustrations / animations. Either to make a career, document their improvement and/or simply to share their passion with others.
Now don't call me a sentimentalist, but just imagine, three or so decades ? Of millions of people continuously improving their passions, posting them online, documenting their improvement and just spending combined thousands upon thousands of years worth of time working to better their art.

Now fast forward to a one or two years ago, and these companies, hiding behind various, freedom of speech, and laws regarding non-profit in order not to get copyright-striked and sued to oblivion, decide to simly, take, MILLIONS, of said artworks, fuel them into a algorithm behind generator, and take the first step, into making the millions of people they stole from, ultimately, obsolete.

Now you could say, as others did, ''well AI Art-generators are only referencing already made work, yes, isn't it the same for human artists ? why condemn the people and generators of something human artists do ?'. Ah yes, one argument which has been made dozens of times by people not understanding how art works.

So do you know how, atm, these Ai Art games have the same color palette, same renderings, and just look bland ? It's because Ai Generators way of referencing, is by not adding anything of their own and without producing anything truly new.
When a person references, they add in their own flavor, their rendition and their own mistakes. Look around, human-made art is diverse, there are hundreds of different artstyles, that's because humans reference more, ''genuinely'' than a machine.
A machine just takes dozens of artworks, mashes them together to fit some inputs, but doesn't add anything of it's own to the pool.
if Ai Art generators had existed since the beginning of the internet, Art would all look the same, although, Ai Art generators would nit have existed without the work of human artists in the first place.
Not to mention, a human references one, two or three things but generators to so for millions of pieces. Now I know there might come a day when Ai Art is diverse, colorful and expressive. And it will be a accomplishment done to no credit of their own but due to the hard work of human artists.

So sorry for the long text, but even if you mean well, supporting Ai Art is without a doubt damaging to humans artists wether you like or not. And sure call me a ''douche'', call me stuck up for trying to damper the mood, but ultimately I believe 100% in what I said.

Last edited:

trc450

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2023
supporting Ai Art is without a doubt damaging to humans artists wether you like or not.
While I agree with your point that AI can be damaging to artists, I disagree a lot with the reasons. People will lose jobs, some artists will quit, and some will stop improving because of AI. AI can be used in many ways; you can slap minor modifications on an existing image or create it from scratch better than a human can.

Mainstream opinion is only aware of the instant style of AI art (seen in this game) created by midjourney, novelAI, and Dall-E, which is created by adding prompts and generating something along those lines based on previous.

In reality, this is just a phase; the tools were updated in a matter of months, and now you can make your own images. You can use likeness, color schemes, depth, pose, edges, making prompts for multiple partial parts of the image, randomness, and multiple other variables I'm not familiar with to make your own image.

It can be frightening to lose your job, motivation, or artistry. An easier process lowers overall quality because of the quantity of work.

I would like to think this is progress, though. In the past, I could not have spellchecked my dialogue; it was way too expensive to hire a proofreader. I can translate games into different languages without paying thousands of dollars. I can interpolate frames between animations to increase the fps of animations. There are plenty of other applications.

Maybe in the future, I can make a picture with more control and fidelity than I could have ever done myself. Or be the one who stops improving because of AI.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

Sayathing

Nov 27, 2020
Oh really ? ''Liking Ai arts are in no way discrediting actual artist'' ? You sure about that chief ?
I'm aware how they are processed, but technology is technology, preference is preference. I am not denying the cons of AI art but everything has a con, every job can be replaced with advancement of technology, such as factory workers. Does that mean society discredit factory workers? No. Did the factory machine factory workers? No. In fact I just got my job replaced because of AI but you don't see me screaming about it all the time.

There are things AI can't do that humanity can, same goes with AI art to Human Art, the fact you're being creating hysteria over a simple compliment just shows you express with emotions than logic. Believe whatever you want and In fact I support people being a devil's advocate to things since it's how humans are and answers are made.

You're like one of those A-Holes who scream at people at every opportunity because you think it's just and morally responsible to do so, but in the process you're getting people to hate you as a character than listening to your advocacy. Share your opinions, but watch your tone and timing and respect other people around you, we're here for the hentai, not for politics jfc.

lostlust

Jan 30, 2019
man the invention of ai modifiying art is truly the worst, its cool that it can create such things, at the same time lazy people are the most dangerous fully knowing and taking advantage of someone else's works.

truly hurts to see people divided. they need to regulate AI next time or we get another skynet.

Oct 6, 2019
By stealing elements from works created by other artists and incorporating them into new works, which is exactly what Pablo Picasso said that great human artists do.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy