Ren'Py - Abandoned - Under One Roof [v0.16] [Austrad3D]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Bugbear32

This had potential. Good models, a decent variety of women, and an MC that doesn't look like every other "young guy" MC. However it's over before much gets going and the sandbox elements are really out of place.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

darthsex222

models look great, i like the order of events matters style but would really love a gallery so that I can at least see all the events I unlock by going down a certain path. can't help but feel the dev took some inspiration from summertime saga.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Summer Love

renders are decent I guess

The dev chose to make this project a sandbox that plays like a VN because they don't know what a sandbox is, or what makes them fun. So, the only things that you can do are: Go to each room, talk to people that cycle through new lines of dialogue so that you can tell that new things are being added, go to sleep. Repeat about 5 times until you are brought to the main menu against your will because you've reached the end of the update, which is a direct contradiction to the "sandbox" tag.

The "updates" also leave a lot to be desired, and when I say a lot, I mean you would be forgiven for thinking that there wasn't an update and that you had just stopped halfway through the previous update and forgot to continue. Each update is almost indistinguishable from the last, in both renders and lines of dialogue. I typically enjoy the slow-burn stories that build up characters and make you care about them, but this... at this rate you will either wait years for more mediocre VN gameplay disguised as a sandbox, or the dev will just say "fuck it" and start spoon feeding nudes to people in the hopes that they will stay subbed. Either way, you probably won't get what you are looking for in this game.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

snow123789456

In general it is good game. The story is very simple but familiar. The dialogs needs more improvement. In addition, it needs an official patch to define the relationships. Looking forward for future updates.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

jerikk

well really not a lot to go on here at all yet. Renders look ok for the most part, we've got sterotyped characters and a script that sounds like it got put together from Hallmark cards, it's too rehearsed sounding like the characters took their time coming up with something to say rahter just saying what they want. Hoping it can be salvaged with further updates but as it is this is not worth playing yet.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Synnerai

I like it. It's good. I hope this works out and we get those promissed pregnancies. :D

But I have a few things I'd like to point out.

I wasn't a big fan of the school part for 2 reasons.

Reason 1: At one point the characters tell you they moved from everyone they knew with no way to contact them again, but suddenly in the school, the MC knows everyone. I think, the dev should review this part and make it more consistent. If the dev added a few scenes where MC comes to the school for the first time, gets bullied and befriends Ruby, then it would work.

Reason 2: There are a lot of omages to Summertime Saga. I think, that the dev should either make it more "meta" and acknowledge the inspiration, so it doesn't look like plagiarism. Or go in a different dirrection and not actually copy that game. The dev is probably a fan, but making it too similar will only hurt his own work.

Yes, it's not very original, but I think that if the dev irons out these flaws, it will be a lot of fun.