Others - Abandoned - Under Shmunder [v0.24] [Inventory Management]

1. 2.00 star(s)

rafaellos

It was a nice original game gameplay wise. I know the pixel art is a choice but I think it could have been executed way better. It never was very popular so I'm not surprised by abandonment of this project.
    Art 1.5/5
    Story - 2/5
    Gameplay 3.5/5
    Fapability 1/5
    Originality 4/5
  2. 4.00 star(s)

osanaiko

Under Shmunder, reviewed at version 0.17A

A funny name for a funny little game. And should the casual player be under-whelmed?

Perhaps, as this game feels very "low budget prodcution" compared to the many many many daz+renpy clones. However, appearances can be deceiving; here we have a unique gameplay style, some custom hand drawn art, and a story far beyond the standard "father died and I have to live with my Dad's OLD FRIEND and her DAUGHTERS". It even has a custom game engine.

The artwork screams "amateur" production, but I find it endearing and cute, almost a throwback to 90's JAST games. And there are quite a lot of different images, several for every interaction with the characters. So a lot of work has been done. And their butts are very cute.

The dialogue is brief, and seems to be either Machine Translated or converted from some language (russian?) by a non-native English speaker. But it still clearly gets the point across and has a nice level of lewdness. I definitely recommend the developer gets a Editor to review and fix the text however.

The gameplay is a bit clumsy, and often you won't know what to do next. But I guess that over time there will be more guidance added (Developer: add hover tips on the various buttons, resources and icons! it would go a long way to clarifying stuff). Creating a custom game engine is truly a labor of love, and I encountered no big bugs when playing through.

At the current version, you get 4 stages of progress with 3 different female characters who you meet in a post apocalyptic world and bring to live in your underground bunker. There is not a lot of gameplay yet, but there promises to be much much more to do and see, and clearly there are plans to add another dozen or so characters.

So my rating? Given the very early stage of development, I'll forgive the lack of content, and give it 4 out of 5 because it was fun, lewd and something different from all the rest. And it's clear the developer is putting their own genuine efforts into this, not just throwing together some default models with default poses in Daz, making some poorly lighted renders, and slapping it all into Ren'py with a non-sensical story and a bunch of mindless sex addicted females surrounding a brainless MC.

I hope to see this one grow and grow in scope. Godspeed "Inventory Management"-san.