VN - Ren'Py - Under the Moonlight [v0.3] [M.C Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Niko215

i don't often review games but this one was worth the trouble for all the wrong reasons.
    very bad and boring renders. though some of them are nice but they stop before go exciting .
    the story is taken from a tv series . even the names and the setup of characters are the same. just a lot more confusing as the developer try to recreate the way movie was unfold but without basic knowledge of was he have to do or what he is talking about .
    also the terrible and heavily annoying part is the MC.
    presented as Atheist who curse a lot(3-4 repeatable very light words that are not even that bad by today standards),
    meet a goddess of the old but every 5 lines repeats the 'Jesus Christ' this and 'Jesus Christ' that.
    one more big fail is the knowledge of the subject you are trying to create. i bet the MC did better research on folklore and the general subject than the developer.
    that alone confuse the reader as contradictions and false details emerge from almost every word and the developer don't even care enough to make it a fantasy recreation of how he fantasize it.
    example: the famous Banshee ... the only character that actually add some mystery and sexiness to the game (very little sexiness - 3-4 naked renders repeatable and 3 renders of a very fast BJ) .. up to when the developer try to create her story and BOOM. all goes wrong. a banshee that is not banshee because its a good Banshee that can kill and scream but doesn't do it and in the face of death she just take the bullet and that's all for everything that had some value.
    also the poor MC even tho repeatedly refer to her as good/only friend or the BJ or the help he doesn't even care for her when goes missing or even talk/think about her ever again (even in tv series he does care and don't forget her).
    i don't want to spoil the 'fun' but to prove a point of sudden death not of the Banshee but of the good part of story.
    and last the auto is disabled. so even if you want to read this creation to the end (yes its not a game but a visual novel with no choices at all) you cant.
    after 50k clicks you end up in the beginning with no clue, lost , tired . angry even that you spend some time on this creation with no or limited fantasy , suspense , research , meaning . something that created fast and done a bad copy paste of a series that didn't understand at all.
    at this point don't worth your time.
    maybe in the future the developer adds a lot , fix the wrongs and do some actual research to make things simple as it was in the series (that he watch but didn't really understand) and avoid the loop of repeating things just to justify the way he is going.
    also changing a few things will be nice as the tv series is heavily added in this to the point of 'copyrights'.
    as it is ... don't download. go watch the tv series and enjoy your time cause it is fun and engaging.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

This is a completely skippable game. There isn't anything here that is great. Not the worst of them all, but nothing that would make me pick it up again.
    Renders are very lazy. 90% of the game are long-winded dialogues during which there are 2 renders - a girl with her mouth open and same girl with her mouth closed, alternating for minutes, with the same expression.
    And there are pretty much no choices of note or consequence, just stretches of clicking forever.
    There are barely any hot scenes. And I don't mean sex - just anything pretty to lay eyes on, its just long, uninspired conversations.
    Not to diss the dev much, as it seems like he cares about the story and the dialogues, but there needs to be some visual variety in order for player not to get bored.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

soadeths

Well, I'll be honest here, I'm disappointed, frustrated, annoyed and at the same time looking forward to the sequel.

For a start, the story reminds me of an anime I saw a long time ago with the old gods and the new gods at war, I'm not saying here that the story etc will be the same because I'm not saying here that the story will be the same. I don't remember it (from the anime), but the general idea is there, but I like it!

I also really liked the developer's other game, which is why I'm mentioning it, as it suffers from the same problem, namely a good story, but somewhat messed-up narration and writing, and above all a boring MC.

Here the MC, I really really really want to punch him in the face, I'm well aware that you tried to be realistic with the story, but here the mc clearly has a problem, he's far too closed-minded and sometimes even borderline ignorant when it comes to gods, etc..

I think if I hear the phrase "with all due respect" one more time, I'll shoot the MC!

The prologue was a real pain for me to read in general, because you were trying to create unnecessary suspense about a subject and a certain character in the story.

You introduced him in such a way that he couldn't pronounce his name and had to speak in riddles, risking invoking a deadly entity and killing everyone, only to discover that
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    and that gods exist. and aren't omniscient. I'm exaggerating a bit, but the idea is there.)

I don't think we're really immersed in the story and there are a lot of unnecessary detours.

On the other hand, I like every character so far (except the mc), each with their own character and good design.

The story, even though I've been very critical of the way it's told, I like the whole thing and want to know what's going to happen next!

Another important point is that, for a 0.2, there's a lot of content!

For the moment, unfortunately, the game isn't worth more than 3/5.