Ren'Py Under Your Spell [v0.1.5p] [Shady Characters]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
Shady Character 1
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/classes.rpy", line 344, in <module>
NameError: name 'newmoon' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "classes.rpyc", line 341, in script
  File "C:\Under_Your_Spell-0.1.5p-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1845, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Under_Your_Spell-0.1.5p-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1209, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Under_Your_Spell-0.1.5p-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/classes.rpy", line 344, in <module>
NameError: name 'newmoon' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Under Your Spell 0.1.5p
Tue Sep 17 12:12:29 2024
Oh, Divination on the first day, right? Missed that that could happen. Just don't do Divination on the first day. Will fix this in future updates

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Oh, Divination on the first day, right? Missed that that could happen. Just don't do Divination on the first day. Will fix this in future updates
it was the second divination class not the first not sure if I did it on the second or third day now

also i get a error on a few event's like the pixie joust and one of the brewing events usually something like

File "game/random_events.rpy", line 815, in <module>
ValueError: non-integer arg 1 for randrange()

that

Reactions: Shady Character 1

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
it was the second divination class not the first not sure if I did it on the second or third day now

also i get a error on a few event's like the pixie joust and one of the brewing events usually something like

that
Hmmm, strange about Divination, I thought that should've been fixed already. Will have to look into it again.
The jousting bug is fixed in the Patreon build already, sadly. It is pretty rare, but you managed to get it.
Will look into the brewing one
Thanks for reporting

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
art seems promising but ive played 28 days in a row without any interaction with a girl, I dont get this game goal there is just zero incentive given to persue.

hopefully itll get better.. really wish it had more of an adventure or linear format instead of day planning..

Bran99

Jun 30, 2022
Not bad as a demo. Has a lot of potential. I personally think a lot of the stat requirements need to be lowered. Especially for the girls. Had barely any interactions with them. Came close a few times to winning the trial, but the random generation of the doors always fucked me in the end. Looking forward to what happens next, whether you placed first, second, or third.

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
A Potter theme game with no audio....Such blasphemous

that
I looked over all the brewing events, but I couldn't find anything that could cause such an error. It would really be helpful if you could give an error text if you ever encounter it again. Thanks again for reporting bugs

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
art seems promising but ive played 28 days in a row without any interaction with a girl, I dont get this game goal there is just zero incentive given to persue.

hopefully itll get better.. really wish it had more of an adventure or linear format instead of day planning..
Hey, Lebeaubrun, nice to see you following the thread =) You not encountering any girls is really peculiar... Because as of this current version it should be nigh impossible to not meet any of them unless you are just constantly resting... I understand that the simulation genre might not be your cup of tea, but I was wondering what was your routine like during your playthrough?

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
I looked over all the brewing events, but I couldn't find anything that could cause such an error. It would really be helpful if you could give an error text if you ever encounter it again. Thanks again for reporting bugs
it happen when the ghost professor told me i should use a ingredient

edit to be exact it happen when i clicked choosing to do what he said

doing a fresh play i couldn't get it to happen again

• Thinking Face

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
it happen when the ghost professor told me i should use a ingredient

edit to be exact it happen when i clicked choosing to do what he said

doing a fresh play i couldn't get it to happen again
Well, maybe it was something else then, because there should really be nothing in that part that could trigger such an error. Do tell me if you encounter it again though ;)

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Hey, Lebeaubrun, nice to see you following the thread =) You not encountering any girls is really peculiar... Because as of this current version it should be nigh impossible to not meet any of them unless you are just constantly resting... I understand that the simulation genre might not be your cup of tea, but I was wondering what was your routine like during your playthrough?
I was just doing a bit of everything at random trying every class and not comitting to anything more than the rest. Only rested when it was absolutely necessary I got an event with the dude and with a lady ghost, the rest was just teachers showing up once.

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
I was just doing a bit of everything at random trying every class and not comitting to anything more than the rest. Only rested when it was absolutely necessary I got an event with the dude and with a lady ghost, the rest was just teachers showing up once.
Well, if you are doing everything bit by bit, they will appear a bit later, because you are hedging your bets a lot. Because otherwise you can start meeting some girls as soon as the end of the first week

vile.villain

May 5, 2021
Ran into this error several times when trying to attend Enchantment class.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'Enchantment_2'.

Full traceback:
File "classes.rpyc", line 34, in script
File "H:\Games\Under_Your_Spell-0.1.5p-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1701, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "H:\Games\Under_Your_Spell-0.1.5p-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1103, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Under Your Spell 0.1.5p
Sat Sep 21 22:22:02 2024

Wonderer111

Aug 3, 2023
I'm working on a cheat mod and it should be out tomorrow or soon(like at most 3 days) everything seems fairly simple but I need to make sure I don't bring any errors and the cheats work 100% and also need to make it look good. I plan to account for skills, items and relationships and if i see more in the code i will cater to that too.

Last edited:

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
Ran into this error several times when trying to attend Enchantment class.

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "classes.rpyc", line 34, in script
File "H:\Games\Under_Your_Spell-0.1.5p-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1701, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "H:\Games\Under_Your_Spell-0.1.5p-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1103, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Under Your Spell 0.1.5p
Sat Sep 21 22:22:02 2024
Thank, this will be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile, you can get the public version directly from Patreon, Boosty or itch.io. The versions there have the issue fixed already

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno
Jun 11, 2018
30 minutes and seeing 3 girl sprites is a terrible sign. I have literally seen more men sprites than women. The RNG needs to be massively adjusted or the requirements need to be much less daunting. Having 17 SEVENTEEN unique tasks is way, way too much on a 4 task per day system. Requiring 4 days to do each task once when some are the only way to encounter someone/increase a stat is a system designed to take ages. The art is incredible, but the grind is insane. I cheated all the stats to max and still barely see any events once per week.

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
30 minutes and seeing 3 girl sprites is a terrible sign. I have literally seen more men sprites than women. The RNG needs to be massively adjusted or the requirements need to be much less daunting. Having 17 SEVENTEEN unique tasks is way, way too much on a 4 task per day system. Requiring 4 days to do each task once when some are the only way to encounter someone/increase a stat is a system designed to take ages. The art is incredible, but the grind is insane. I cheated all the stats to max and still barely see any events once per week.
Also, technically, it is 22 unique tasks, since there are 5 unique "Work" tasks, and "Visit town" can be considered as two possible activities depending on how you look at it.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes