VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Unexpected Adventures [Ch. 6 July 2020 Version] [Macadam]

1. 3.00 star(s)

rodian95

wow this game has a crazy plot and characters, tons of locations and events on going. even has an open-world scenario, and the ability to unlock harem mode LOL.
    plus the jokes were funny in a minor way, but at least it did not bore too much.

it's pure erotica fantasy at it's best.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ShamanLab

Five stars for this wonderful surreal comedy. :)

* This is the biggest visual novel I've ever played.
    * There is always something happens.
    * There is several dozen characters, plus monsters, fantasy creatures, sci-fi devices, robots, cars, airplanes, trains, cars e.t.c.
    * Unpredictable, funny and inventive plot.

* No grind.
    * No apartment walking sim.
    * No tamagotchy for adults.
    * No barbie dressing sim.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

alominus

The game starts out pretty rough but gets better. I didn't find it that funny at first but after chapter 1 I started to find it funny, and the renders started looking a lot better. Most importantly, the girlfriend stopped looking like gollum.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Katsumi-chan

Story could be better, so could art. English is sometimes hard to understand so I am guessing the developer's first language isn't english, there are mistakes with renders as well. I would suggest a good proofreader for a start and maybe work on the game idea and make the story more streamlined. :)
  5. 3.00 star(s)

frap

Let's be honest here: the art sucks, the English is horrendous, the sex is decent, the story, however...

The story reads like... a stream of consciousness from a crazy person... on a bad acid trip... in the middle of a 3-month peyote bender... while recovering from a traumatic brain injury.

It's the story equivalent of the first time you taste an asian candied lychee - sour-sweet-salty-bitter-spicy... what the fuck is happening!?

Playing this game is likely to leave you feeling like you've been slapped upside the head with a wet lasagna noodle... wrapped round a brick.

Is it a top-notch game? No.
    Is it bizarrely amusing? Yes.
    Should you play it? Probably not. (Really, it probably shouldn't be played.)
    Will you play it? Probably, if for no other reason than to have something more WTF to amuse you than your coworkers incessant demands for your TPS report cover sheets.

Highest praise: sheer number of WTFs per minute
  6. 1.00 star(s)

vengefulspirit

I'm going to be a dissenting opinion here, but this game is bad. The other reviews here make excuses for it. They are legitimate excuses. I have nothing against the creator of this game, they seem nice and genuine, and they're creating something and learning and all of that is great. But the review rules here state we should rate the game on it's own merits, not based on our opinion of the dev.

The writer isn't an english first language speaker. That explains why the english is atrocious. But the english is still atrocious. The other thing is it is inconsistent. Words are spelled in multiple incorrect ways, not the same mistakes repeated. Many of the mistakes seem to be typos more than a lack of knowledge. It doesn't read like a non-native speaker trying their best, it reads like stream of consciousness insanity that they barely edit or proofread.

Now the creator has a crappy PC, been there, it sucks. So that explains why the renders look about 10 years out of date. But they still look 10 years out of date. It also doesnt explain the terrible lighting decisions and composition of all the images. You can make compelling images with low resolution assets. This doesnt do that. It feels rushed, again like a stream of consciousness where the assets were dumped in as quickly as possible and then never looked at again.

The creator is learning to make a game. That explains why the menus are fucked in a renpy game of all things. But the menus are still fucked. And it doesnt explain why the menus havent been proofed by version 5a. It doesnt explain why there are a bunch of character pages that are difficult to read outside of the game, rather than within the story itself. It doesnt explain why a second font option was added which makes everything unreadable.

Finally, the story isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Sure. But the game isn't just wacky or unusual it's totally incoherent. It could have been made into unrelated smaller games or scenarios, but it wasn't. Saying it's weird is really the biggest excuse for lazy writing on this one. I get it, if you dont care about character arcs, plot, logic, narrative structure, then its easier to pump out content. But it's one game, and to me its just making content for the sake of making content. Length for lengths sake.

So what do you play this game for? The english is terrible. The plot is nonsensical. The art is smashed out with no effort or technical capability. The game is put together poorly. What's left?

This content could work as a series of short comics, but as a game? Personally I don't see it.

Again, the creator is genuine and nice and is active within this community. He isnt shilling for patreon dollars which is a huge accomplishment. But this game is made for practice, not for quality and I just can't recommend it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

vaski88

Honestly its a Breath of fresh air compared to the more serious games in this genre. Made me chuckle from start to finish. Great game with good humor and awesome character personalities.
    Cant wait for future updates!.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

SrRK

Overall this is a pretty good game. It's actually insane and doesn't make any sense whatsoever- and it's basically childish humor, but some of it is gold and it's pretty unique/funny. One thing is for sure: you will not find another game like this on here. This is by far the most random and oddly entertaining.

My favorite part is when the chicken (who's name is macadam and who made the game???) fucks a girl with his beak and then licks her pussy on a subway while shouting "c-c-co-cooock!"
  9. 4.00 star(s)

pystudios

Excellent job, except for the spelling which I thought was part of the parody until I went to the Patreon site it's hard to believe its a first project. Very funny and yes the MC has to make love to all the womenS in the game! I agree you need a proofreader but I would keep some errors for parody like pronouns of his/her that get monkeyed by machine translators and maybe give the womenS the cancer a lot...
    The white rooster... I won't ask... he's in charge of the situation and seems to like nipples so he's kewl in my book!
    The MC is not the snotty-nosed kid Max. Great job! I'm beginning to hate that kid as much as Eric.
    I'm a fan and love to see this progress.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Catwashere

I'll be glad to be the first review! I'll start by saying this game is not to be taken serious it is just for fun and for the creator to learn making games. The issues with the game are bad English but the creator is not a native speaker so that is all good. Really the other issues are also not the fault of the creator since the PC he/she is using is not capable of doing more. Now the good this game is freaking funny and i had a few good laughs with it i can't wait for more.
    Forgot to say that this game may get a 5 when more of it is made keep up the good work!

Art 8/10
    Sex 8/10
    Story 8.5/10
    Characters 10/10

Edit on 4/23/19
    Art/renders. 8/10
    Sex. 8/10
    Story. 9/10
    Characters. 10/10