Unfinished Games

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
I am a fan of the incest themed games on here but so many of them are abandoned that I am curious as to ownership rights and having them continued by other developers. Do these games require a source code of sorts so someone else cannot just pickup and continue where the original developer left off ?. Seems to me a goldmine of sorts is laying out for other developers to sort of pickup where the original developer left off.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I am a fan of the incest themed games on here but so many of them are abandoned that I am curious as to ownership rights and having them continued by other developers. Do these games require a source code of sorts so someone else cannot just pickup and continue where the original developer left off ?. Seems to me a goldmine of sorts is laying out for other developers to sort of pickup where the original developer left off.
The creator has ownership over the project. If he doesn't allow people to alter it then they can't (legally speaking)

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
I understand and agree about the legal issue, my point was more of a request that if you are a game creator and stop developing it why not allow other developers to continue with it. Maybe an open source sort of concept for adult games. I did not work out the math but my guess is 90%+ of the incest games on here are incomplete and half of them are nothing but very short demos.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Also another option that i do not see on here is a section for 100% finished games, maybe broken down by category. Something like that would be useful. I know you can search various ways to find them but a sorted list would be much more user friendly.