• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Unity auto forward

clown48212

Feb 27, 2020
Hey wonderful people!

I had a question re. Unity, is it possible to Auto Forward Unity Visual Novels in a similar way that you can Auto forward Visual Novels on Ren'py?

This is specifically in reference in Taffy Tales, which has a skip function but does not seem to have an Auto button. Is there a simple way to do this?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
There is no such thing as "Unity fast forward", it is not a visual novel engine but an universal game engine, meaning you can create anything, including Visual Novels.
The issue with that is that every Visual Novel created in Unity will have different systems, unless they use a common Framework such as Naninovel.

As far as I know, Taffy Tales uses its own system and suffers from the lack of Rollback among many other features you'd expect from Ren'Py games.

clown48212

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks for following up Winterfire!

What you're saying makes sense, although it is a bit of a shame. If I'm understanding you correctly, the only way for an Auto forward (or any other ren'py-esque feature) to be implemented is if the game's developer builds it manually.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for following up Winterfire!

What you're saying makes sense, although it is a bit of a shame. If I'm understanding you correctly, the only way for an Auto forward (or any other ren'py-esque feature) to be implemented is if the game's developer builds it manually.
In Taffy Tales' case, yes.

However some games like mine (also made in Unity) use frameworks such as "Naninovel" that have built-in auto forward (alongside other features you'd expect from Ren'Py).
Either way, my suggestion is to reach over their devs and ask for that feature!