[R>Programmer] Paid Unity-based tycoon-style game [CLOSED]

Zyzzx

Nov 28, 2019
Project:
- Unity-based tycoon-style game featuring a brothel. Design docs are about 80-90% complete.

Developer:
- No studio name yet

Looking for:
- Currently looking for someone with Unity experience. The idea is to create a tycoon style/management style 3D game that is extensible. This would be in the style of a base-building game and would like to have assets loaded dynamically so that once the main part is coded, it would be easy to extend via either configuration files or a loader. VR would be a plus, but not a necessity at this point. Right now I'm looking for the main 'meat' of the game such as buying, selling, building, and events. I do have some experience with Unity but I also know enough that I'm not good enough to pull this off on my own (as well as not having the free time).

Employment Type:
- Hourly/billable hours. I am a bit new to putting something like this together, but I feel as though having deliverables and paying based on number of hours in stages (a little more on that below) may be the best for both parties. Essentially we would enter discussion, you'd like me know how many hours you'd need for certain deliverables and rates and we would go from there. Any assets would also be paid for by myself.

Work commitment:
- Flexible deadline, but the plan is to have this done in stages (more below). I would prefer to find someone who may be willing to work a bit longer term if our partnership clicks.

Preferred method of contact:
- PM here, then discord preferable, but I am flexible if another platform works for you.

Job Description:
- Unity programmer who is familiar with either base building games or experience building them. Bonus if you're able to do VR, but not necessary early on.

Additional comments:
- Initially I tried to build this myself using some different tutorials but I quickly realized that my skill level of coding would have me take 10-20 longer than someone who may be far more familiar with coding and Unity in general.

I mentioned earlier that I was planning on doing this in stages. Since this would be a tycoon-style game, I figured the first stage could be simple placement of walls, objects, zones, etc that one would find in a tycoon game. Stage two would probably involve some basic actors and basic needs (think placing a bar, and having an actor going to it and buying a drink). Stage three would essentially be more needs and potential interactions. To be clear, this is not all, just the first few stages to get the ball rolling on the project.

Model assets will be placeholders, and I am not yet currently looking for art, sound, music, etc. I'd rather get some meat going before the eye candy.

Edit: Added detail as per some suggestions. I didn't want to spam bump the topic with a post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire

Zyzzx

Nov 28, 2019
Do you have an artist/3d art assets ready?
The plan is to use placeholder assets for the time being from either the asset store or primitives to represent actors. I'm not looking for animation or anything of that regard at the moment for the first phase/prototype.