Unity Games and Firewall

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Ok this is a question I've been asking for a while now in a few game topics but I either receive a vague answer to or I don't get an answer at all...
Why do Unity games, which are single player, require a Firewall permission?! They're single player for crying out loud! Why do you need the firewall permission for?! I always deny access of course but I just am curious as to why!!! Thanks for answering this in advance!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Basic analytics. I think the more expensive versions let the developer turn it off, but not all. I can't seem to find the old FAQ I found once that clearly explained it, but there is the .

Reactions: noxtek

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
on top of that some assets (free or bought from the store) comes with analytics on their own, and many devs don't even bother to disable those scripts. then there is always the possibility that is checking for an update, expecially in steam cracked games

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
on top of that some assets (free or bought from the store) comes with analytics on their own, and many devs don't even bother to disable those scripts. then there is always the possibility that is checking for an update, expecially in steam cracked games

So wait... there is a Free and Paid versions of Unity?! Anyhow... thanks for answering. Glad it isn't something major.

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
usually is nothing to worry about, that data should always be anonymous.
in any case, single player or not, block everything if is pirated :p

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Oh of course... I usually delete the game and firewall rule concerning that game from my Windows after I'm done with it anyways...