Request Tutorial Tool Unity Java [Unity] & some [Java] -=General Computer=- fixes / clean up / latency / optimization / tweaks.

May 12, 2021
Please read completely, if you take the time YOU WILL profit and grow from this.

Try a general computer clean up. This might be a long post. but you'll have to take it step by step:
Just like in life there isn't a "Fix all button.."

I tend to stay away from All-in-One pakaged solutions. My reasoning is if one thing breaks. I know what that "thing" is. I still use a dedicated FIREWALL program (to see what is doing what), I still use a dedicated ANTIVIRUS (even though I know they are "spying"/"collecting data to sell.) I blame it on having been a Sys Admin, Net Admin, Web Ops Admin and "Firefighter". Managing individual processes is better then a blob of software/services bundled and thrown together with some shit error code.. The convinence of a ALL-IN-ONE solution is NOT worth it. Consider this. AT&T handles your Internet, Landline, Cellphone, TV/Cable. Just try to break away from them. Or try to get ONE thing fixed it's a nightmare to try to navigate these robo voice menu systems to talk to a human for an actual fix! This is up there with IRL QoL and the importance of right to repair, debug, troubleshoot, fix.

A.) Use Process Explorer it's an "Old program" but it IS a product Microsoft did acquire and still works PERFECTLY!. It's clean, it's canon, it's VERY mature as in it's 20 years old!!! AND IT's STILL FREE!

For the lazy unregistered heathens lurking and not contributing that's:
hxxps://docs(dot)microsoft(dot)com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
hxxps://en(dot)wikipedia(dot)org/wiki/Process_Explorer

B.) CCleaner or any other optimization software you have available. (I use to use a "borrowed" version of Ashampoo Optimizer that worked very well. Honestly, I should buy a lifetime copy of the thing.) I recommend Major Geeks, File Hippo, Bleeping Computer for general system maintenance. Open Source > Freeware > Shareware > Trialware if it gives you the functionality you want... Recurva is good, 7zip,WinRar,PeaZip is good, Revo Uninstaller and a bunch of others. It should be the first thing you do with a new install of Windows (whatever), any programs that help you wrestle control away from microsoft is good. Big F off to the Microsoft store. It's a ploy to push "software subscription as a service" and always has been so.
Get NotePad++ (this should be standard. it has a FUCK TON OF PLUGINS .. UltraEdit was good but it's $$)

Get Paint.NET (you might not need Adobe PS or GIMP. it has a FUCK TON OF PLUGINS.)

Get LibreOffice

Get Revo Uninstaller freeware edition

Get FastStone

if you have found a favorite Freeware app that has gone from Freeware to Freemium and has stop Freemium (standard vs pro) use the old version (save the old versions of your software installers!!!) if you can't be bothered you can sometimes find them on (these sites are a labor of love by people who care so yes.. no corporate sponsorship..little to no ads (maybe instead of trying to get shares in a NFT or Earth2 or some shit.. people could use those bitcoin to help pay for server cost?)

and even

The less shit you have in your Registry the BETTER!!! Use portable apps.

C.) Unfuck your windows 10.
getblackbird getblackbird getblackbird
hxxps://www(dot)getblackbird(dot)net/
I'm serious! If I could shill this software? I would! Support his pateron! get him to $1500!

if you are VERY savvy you can try TRON SCRIPT

use the
https://old.reddit.com/r/TronScript/ so you can see the wiki!
this isn't a 10 minute thing.. and you must know what you are doing.. you CAN completely fuck up your system.. So only use this IF it's a new install OR can deal with any problems due to lack of information or know-how.

I would recommend Disable Nvidia Telemetry tracking if it still existed... because "fuck you collecting data". Sadly,

Last mention of this was here.

D.) More Optimize settings
hopefully you remember Tweakguides and even BlackViper with their tuning and optimzation guides. Many publishers are trying to take the "thinking" out of our hands.

(Sad.. And VERY True.)
the very least these should help you with the internals inside the system. from background applications, services and some of the settings regarding graphics and configuration files.

Unity... is an Engine/Toolkit. *shrug* yeah, and?
Well... NVidia just sees a filename.exe it doesn't have rules for.. You have to give it rules. Bigger developers and publishers can afford to submit their .exe to Nvida and register their game. Smaller studios and developers might not be able to...

E.)NVidia control panel..

HowToNVidiaSettingsForUnity!.png

This last part? with the settings for the application you have selected.. That is up to you and it's somewhat hardware dependent.

I don't know your computer... or video card. Plenty of tutorials for NVidia Custom game settings.

Your PRIMARY Hard Drive that contains your Operating System should never be over 80% usage!

Your SWAPFILE/PageFile.sys should be 1.5x your available system memory yes, 8 Gb RAM? yes, that means 12 Gb Swapfile size. Set in Computer Managment.

I hope I don't sound too condecending. If I do? Well, pray I get a beautiful loving young girlfriend that can be my cuddle & fuck bunny, my property, my bff and my wife that we can have children together. Otherwise, you'll have to deal with this typical tone and additude.

There is generally a problem with Unity games regarding memory leaks and usage. And it doesn't matter on regarding developer "quality";

Escape from Tarkov,
BattleTech (Paradox Interactive),
Wasteland 3
RimWorld,
Risk of Rain 2
Osiris: New Dawn
Oxygen Not Included
Slime Rancher
RollerCoaster Tycoon World
Parkitect
Enter the Gungeon
Subnautica
Rust
My Friend Pedro
Pillars Of Eternity

The problem compounds when there are OUR add-ons/mods thrown into the mix. More pre-caching, More behind the scenes, more "Thinking" and more processing.

It would be a sin for me to compare Java and Unity.. but.. two problems exist in any Object Oriented programming language paradigms..

First is pre-loading, caching, indexing...
Second is Garbage collection and thread management.

Pre-loading, caching, indexing...
we are responsible for. Loading up (and even just keeping available) 5000 assets but only using a handfull while complaining "ugh this is so slow!" is kinda on us.

Garbage Collection/Clean-up/Thread management is higher level problem somewhere between what the coders have exposed in the Unity API and how modders developers interact with it.

Unity uses the which is a stop-the-world garbage collector, meaning that whenever it needs to perform garbage collection, it will stop the running program, and only resume normal execution once it has finished all its work. This can cause delays in the execution of the program at somewhat arbitrary moments, which can take anywhere between less than 1 and several 100 milliseconds, depending on how much memory the garbage collector needs to process and on the platform the program is running on. Now, obviously, for real-time applications like games, this can become quite a big issue, as it isn’t possible to sustain a consistent frame rate as required for smooth animation if the program’s execution can be arbitrarily suspended by the garbage collector. These interruptions are also known as GC spikes, as they will show as spikes in an otherwise smooth profiler frame time graph. Usually, developers try to work around this issue by writing their code to avoid creating “garbage” memory while running the game, so the garbage collector has less work to do – but this isn’t always possible or easy.

Sound familar? it should

Basically any time you see, feel, extra long loading time, see the spinning "loading" that can take up to 2-4 minutes and it doesn't crash that somehow gets magically fixed with an Alt-tab out and back in and keep waiting? It's a Stop the World GC clean up.

There is a second issue with Garbage Collection / Memory Reclaimation.. Bad coders taking shortcuts writing code. One bad practice is. I create a process/event.. grab/connect/access to a with an arg(ument), address, point to either feed data (input) or pull data (output). I continue my code.. either "massaging"/moving/continue processing the data, numbers...whatever. Then I get my result and close my process/event/function.

What did I forget? I forgot to CLOSE the connection to whatever I CALLED... I can't begin to tell you how "smart" some developers are.. and are stupid when it comes to managing themselves. It's like getting all the ingredients for a huge meal, cooking it, presenting the table, and the food.

but.. no one does the dishes and the kitchen is a disaster! So please don't hog system resources. if it's un-intended please fix it, the longer and more it goes on the more it will end up BREAKING EVERYTHING. This is also called a memory leak.

Direct example? fine... JDBC connection pools stay open indefinately until the call closes them. It's like making a phone call and never saying "Goodbye." and the other person keeps waiting. You know? Like you are waiting for some fuckhead to respond to you at the service/call center?

Maybe you remember something called AJAX? where it was a client server thing? well Oracle Databases and Most Web Services Server Middleware (WebLogic/ColdFusion/TomCat/a bunch of other shit..) rely on that interconnect between in memory arrays and on disk data storage and look-ups. Well most of these interconnects are like SJAX. synchronous..

If I had a $50-100k once a year every time I got a call about needing to restart the web server or process has crashed or whatever while 24/7 on-call fucking nightmare fuel wage slave golden handcufss.. I'd be a burnt out and retired System Admin. Oh wait.

(P.s. want to see a true clusterfuck of a problem? look at Project Zomboid.. Personally Oracle have gotten into the "we acquire companies and don't actually make things, everything is a SaaS!". No, everything is a subscription and worse we are the "product" to be sold to others.

Also support Adopt Open JDK adoptopenjdk dot net hopefully they can get some good garbage collection algos integrated)

Don't believe me try Pillars Of Eternity, Wasteland 3 and Battletech with a TON of mods and add-ons.
Whereas Subnautica? Smooth as butter right and "amazing"? Right? (Every fish and ever other asset unload themselves when out of render distance).

Heh, the catch is anytime there IS IF there is NO calcuated pathing, physics calculations, collision avoidance or additional logic assigned and doesn't have multiple assets loaded.. It won't choke.

All of these programs start to choke when there is many items, actors, processes on screen. add the "AI Agent and thinking Loop" it gets worse. Throw some random update and background processes perform an update or there is some telemetry collected from your computer that gets sent to... WHOMEVER.. Things can just choke up completely.

All that can be said is try to kill as many background processes you have with Process Explorer. Use something like CCleaner to stop "scheduled" tasks at start-up. Find any "back ground updaters" temporary stop or kill them. If you have "Game mode" in your Anti-virus and Firewall activate it. Use Process Explorer and TCPView (from the same SysInternals) or WIRESHARK and see what application is sending, what traffic is being sent and who is it sending it to via Ip Address and the port being used. I hate IPv6..

Finally, if you aren't online.. Why not just disconnect the wifi/cable?

This is by no means complete. In fact if anyone has any experience with AMD that would be a good addition to this guide.

I'm fairly certain I'm missing stuff so if you see this post and you know someone that is well versed in the topics I mentioned PLEASE by all means Message them and throw them the link to this post.

Maybe we can cut down the number of "why dis no work?" posts in big threads. it's a chance.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021
No...
*smh*
and here I was hoping someone would discuss AMD settings OH WELL.

If you lack the competency to save to a usb drive. I suggest you wait for the title you are intrested in to be released on Phone or Console.

Imgur / Reddit can EAT SHIT.

thanks

Cloud9-Kojack

Nov 10, 2019
" I hope I don't sound too condecending. If I do? Well, pray I get a beautiful loving young girlfriend that can be my cuddle & fuck bunny, my property, my bff and my wife that we can have children together. Otherwise, you'll have to deal with this typical tone and additude. "

You'll never find a decent partner with that attitude. heh..... ;P

Also, thanks for the guide, and yes, Reddit CAN eat shit. xD

May 12, 2021
"Otherwise, you'll have to deal with this typical tone and additude. "

You'll never find a decent partner with that attitude. heh..... ;P
Don't disrespect the family.

R.png

Also, thanks for the guide, and yes, Reddit CAN eat shit. xD
No worries, Happy I could help. Reddit and Imgur is where all good things go to die. (and 4chan sadly) It's kinda like a water park... Have too many people with runs and everything is ruined with no amount of Clorine to fix it. The pool has to be closed for public safety... and 2020 Airborne AIDS. otherwise it will look like South Africa from yesterday. :KEK: