Universal Mod Seek

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Hey guys! is there a way to set a counter in RenPy game variables or preferably some outside software that can count the renders I have seen in that particular game or something that can tell me how much of the game I have played content wise? A universal mod of some sort?

Sancho1969 KoGa3 MurrayMods hope you guys don't mind me tagging you because this question seems more up your alley than anyone else's. anyone else can help if they have any idea about this.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That feature is already embedded in RenPy's core Python code bud. There's no need for some mod to implement it really. See official documentation on RenPy's site.

You asked several different questions really, but it sounds like your real question is "how much of the game I have played content wise". If so, SanchoMod does that in each mod (a small progress bar at the bottom of the main screen and also in it's MiniStat.

If you want to study the RenPy function code, go to the official site and search for "count_seen_dialogue_blocks". The dialogue count is much more reliable for calculating played progress rather than image count. Image counts aren't reliable due to a dev possibly having more or less images in a particular section of a VN, or rendering more of them as VN update progress over time and they obtain more knowledge compared to when they actually started the VN, etc.

Your mileage may vary. Regards.

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
That feature is already embedded in RenPy's core Python code bud. There's no need for some mod to implement it really. See official documentation on RenPy's site.

You asked several different questions really, but it sounds like your real question is "how much of the game I have played content wise". If so, SanchoMod does that in each mod (a small progress bar at the bottom of the main screen and also in it's MiniStat.

If you want to study the RenPy function code, go to the official site and search for "count_seen_dialogue_blocks". The dialogue count is much more reliable for calculating played progress rather than image count. Image counts aren't reliable due to a dev possibly having more or less images in a particular section of a VN, or rendering more of them as VN update progress over time and they obtain more knowledge compared to when they actually started the VN, etc.

Your mileage may vary. Regards.
So I was actually playing the game "returning to Mia" and I installed your mod and yes, its very convenient indeed (thanks for making it) but can you make a universal mod of only the progress bar thingy? That works for any RenPy game but it will only show that progress bar instead of all other features of your normal mods?

Or if a universal mod isn't possible, is there any way to have better progress description instead of that f2 function that shows dialogues played so far in a game only and even that in barely visible font size.