Unity Universal Render Pipeline, Help with character lighting.

DonTaco

Compensating for length
Game Developer
Feb 25, 2021
Hello, I've been messing around with URP trying to make my scenes look better with baked lighting, but I dont know how to make the characters look less out of place or give them proper lighting.

1630640944479.png
I've been trying to look for documentacion but I couldn't find any.

I'm a complete noob to URP and I'm not that experience with Unity in general. If some one could help me or point me to the right direction I would be very appreciative.

Jofur

May 22, 2018
I've only really worked with real time lights in my games so I'm a bit rusty on baked light.
I think you have to set the light mode on the light to mixed to have non-static objects(like characters) to cast dynamic shadows. Changing the behavior might also help.

I've used this article a few times when I've been playing around with lighting and it's been pretty helpful:

Reactions: DonTaco

DonTaco

Compensating for length
Game Developer
Feb 25, 2021
I've only really worked with real time lights in my games so I'm a bit rusty on baked light.
I think you have to set the light mode on the light to mixed to have non-static objects(like characters) to cast dynamic shadows. Changing the behavior might also help.

I've used this article a few times when I've been playing around with lighting and it's been pretty helpful:
I hadn't seen that article before, looks super complete, I'm definedly using it.
If you have any more on real time lighting that you know, I would like to know more as well.