Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
- if we could sort the results from a search (same sorting buttons already exist but only for variables that we manually save)
It's on my todo-list since June 12th, so it's just a matter of time :D

- for computer geeks like me, if we could have more than the * and ? patterns to make regexp searches
I wrote it down. The current wildcard search is already based on Regexp, so this could make sense to implement

- if we could have another option like a button ↕ to either increase or decrease immediately a value without editing the variable each time
This has been requested before. I'm not sure about this yet. It's on my list, so who knows.

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
Hi 0x52 question if people needed to find older versions of your mod, where would they look for them.

I noticed some of the older games don't work with the latest mod version, I went back to an older version and it worked, you probably used older libraries.

This is not a request for me, but maybe some other people will find it useful, maybe make a post replay with with older versions of the mod that have compatibility requirements / limits and then link them to your main post as spoiler / older versions.

Thanks again for the mod.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Hi 0x52 question if people needed to find older versions of your mod, where would they look for them.

I noticed some of the older games don't work with the latest mod version, I went back to an older version and it worked, you probably used older libraries.

This is not a request for me, but maybe some other people will find it useful, maybe make a post replay with with older versions of the mod that have compatibility requirements / limits and then link them to your main post as spoiler / older versions.

Thanks again for the mod.

Click "Load Full History" just above the screenshots. A list of previous versions will be shown. Just click the version number you want and scroll back up to the top and click the download button.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

I rather have people reporting issues with the latest version. It's meant to still be compatible with older games.

Is it possible to change the main color of the GUI ?

I would like to try a transparent black theme like in this video =>
I might do some redesign in the future

Reactions: Belzeebub$

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
Hello
with two recent releases i noticed that the URM doesn't respond when a selection can be made.
Since I'm not a developer myself, I can't judge whether the cause of this lies in game development or whether URM is simply not compatible.
these games are:

https://f95zone.to/threads/subtle-desires-v0-1-wernyhora-games.132498/

https://f95zone.to/threads/golden-mean-v0-1b-drmolly.132779/

Especially for games for which there are no WT/mods (yet), I would not want to do without the use of URM.
maybe someone knows a simple solution.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Update on Improved path detection, still not able to grasp the popup as it disappear immediately.

This is seen in "Straitened Times"; I have attached a save file below, you can see that by talking to Neighbor and Help with Gardening, then taking a bath, multiple single choice popups will not stay to check the code and requirements which will help to understand the necessary condition to reach that goal.

Still, I believe we are getting there. :giggle:
Here's a sneak preview of the URM version that's under development :censored:
screenshot0001.png
It can now detect the paths in your example. But unfortunately we cannot force them, because they are behind calls. Still a lot better than not being able to inspect them.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello
with two recent releases i noticed that the URM doesn't respond when a selection can be made.
Since I'm not a developer myself, I can't judge whether the cause of this lies in game development or whether URM is simply not compatible.
these games are:

https://f95zone.to/threads/subtle-desires-v0-1-wernyhora-games.132498/

https://f95zone.to/threads/golden-mean-v0-1b-drmolly.132779/

Especially for games for which there are no WT/mods (yet), I would not want to do without the use of URM.
maybe someone knows a simple solution.
I've checked them both.
  • For Subtle desires they have for some reason created custom screens for every choice :oops:
  • Golden mean seems to be working fine (see attachment)

Reactions: Belzeebub$

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
I've checked them both.
  • For Subtle desires they have for some reason created custom screens for every choice :oops:
  • Golden mean seems to be working fine (see attachment)
hello 0x52
many thanks for the quick help.
I'll look at it again and then possibly wait for updates or even mods.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hey bro, can I suggest an improvement if it's possible to implement?

There are sometimes automatic path divergences where the game goes into this or that branch based on prior conditions. Sometimes there is a click needed to proceed and you can use that time to check the URM box. Other times, it immediately proceeds to the branch and the URM box pops up and disappears before you can click it. Would it be possible to force a pause whenever the URM box would pop up on the top left?

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Here's a sneak preview of the URM version that's under development :censored:
View attachment 2083399
It can now detect the paths in your example. But unfortunately we cannot force them, because they are behind calls. Still a lot better than not being able to inspect them.
Hey bro, can I suggest an improvement if it's possible to implement?

There are sometimes automatic path divergences where the game goes into this or that branch based on prior conditions. Sometimes there is a click needed to proceed and you can use that time to check the URM box. Other times, it immediately proceeds to the branch and the URM box pops up and disappears before you can click it. Would it be possible to force a pause whenever the URM box would pop up on the top left?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi, 0x52, feature request: please make automatic self-update Opt-in not opt-out.
Fair point -- but you know you can disable update checks on a global level, so URM will not check for any updates for any game (except you have a local update check enabled for that game, which would overwrite the global setting)...?!

1665652452553.png

I just globally disabled the update check in one game (using the most recent URM version 1.11), and then installed an outdated version of URM in a different game (see screenshot above) and it didn't update.

Reactions: Belzeebub$ and 0x52

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Fair point -- but you know you can disable update checks on a global level, so URM will not check for any updates for any game (except you have a local update check enabled for that game, which would overwrite the global setting)...?!

View attachment 2098453

I just globally disabled the update check in one game (using the most recent URM version 1.11), and then installed an outdated version of URM in a different game (see screenshot above) and it didn't update.
Yes. Even knowing that I still feature-requesting the Opt-in method. There's another whole reason why I requested that, and in the end its up to 0x52 to implement it or not.

Well seeing he reacted to your post and not mine, I guess my request already rejected.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Yes. Even knowing that I still feature-requesting the Opt-in method.
And I hope you didn't get my post wrong! It never was my intention to judge your feature request. As you said -- it's up to 0x52 whether or not he will implement an opt-in instead of an opt-out.

I was just trying to show you how you can basically make the self-update feature an "opt-in" option for every single (and also every new!) game with just one single click, in case you've never came across that feature.

Reactions: dikau

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yes. Even knowing that I still feature-requesting the Opt-in method. There's another whole reason why I requested that, and in the end its up to 0x52 to implement it or not.

Well seeing he reacted to your post and not mine, I guess my request already rejected.
I don't see a reason to change this. Like theMickey_ said, you can already disable it for all games, making it opt-in per game (unless you keep deleting the global settings file :confused:).

Reactions: dikau
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes