Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
not sure if this is intentional, can't be helped, or just an oversight, but it looks like if you view labels (in list view) and variables and use the sort asc/desc buttons above the list, it sorts by keys rather than values. I.o.w. if you change the names to be e.g.

renamed "Name 1" : actual "this label/var"
renamed "Name 2" : actual "that label/var"

then after using i.e. the asc button it ends up as

since "that..." comes before "this..." alphabetically

another thing I noticed is that it's case sensitive... so all starting with [A..Z]'s appear before stuff starting with [a..z]' s
obviously if sorting on the renamed names one can prevent that by making sure everything is either starting with an uppercase or by keeping everything lowercase...
Well... that's not intentional, I just didn't think about this :censored: (I feel a little stupid)
Currently I'm using Python's sorted method. I think I have to write my own sorting to fix this.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
not sure if this is intentional, can't be helped, or just an oversight, but it looks like if you view labels (in list view) and variables and use the sort asc/desc buttons above the list, it sorts by keys rather than values. I.o.w. if you change the names to be e.g.

then after using i.e. the asc button it ends up as

since "that..." comes before "this..." alphabetically

another thing I noticed is that it's case sensitive... so all starting with [A..Z]'s appear before stuff starting with [a..z]' s
obviously if sorting on the renamed names one can prevent that by making sure everything is either starting with an uppercase or by keeping everything lowercase...
Fixed it ;)

1.3.2 (2021-07-01)
Fix: Sort variables and labels by custom name instead of by the original name

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Well... that's not intentional, I just didn't think about this :censored: (I feel a little stupid)
Currently I'm using Python's sorted method. I think I have to write my own sorting to fix this.
I'm not so sure... if I understood it right it would only need a minimal change?

When I was playing around with this I stumbled on this one:

I opted for method 2 since I wasn't sure if the python version included with different ren'py versions would support method 1.
so I changed line 20 in OrderedDict.rpy to
Code:
newOrder = sorted(self.items(), key=operator.itemgetter(1))
ofcourse this also required adding
Code:
import operator
... which also solves the case sensitivity issue since we now can control this ourselves through the custom names

EDIT: Oops, was writing my reply and came back after posting only to see yours... haha
Curious which method you opted for... downloading now

EDIT2: hehe :LOL: Ok, so you went with the lambda method... Nice, skips the need for another import and also tackles the case sensitivity nicely if people use mixed case in custom names.
Wasn't sure if the included Python version with the different ren'py versions would always be 3.6+ so that's why I chose the second method from the above link... only couldn't use lower() with that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52
Apr 1, 2018
Um so I had a run in with this while playing a game called "Divimera" any solution? Thanks for any help in advance!!

edit: pretty much I can't do anything... can't exit, can't minimize, nothing

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I'm not so sure... if I understood it right it would only need a minimal change?

When I was playing around with this I stumbled on this one:

I opted for method 2 since I wasn't sure if the python version included with different ren'py versions would support method 1.
so I changed line 20 in OrderedDict.rpy to
Code:
newOrder = sorted(self.items(), key=operator.itemgetter(1))
ofcourse this also required adding
Code:
import operator
... which also solves the case sensitivity issue since we now can control this ourselves through the custom names

EDIT: Oops, was writing my reply and came back after posting only to see yours... haha
Curious which method you opted for... downloading now

EDIT2: hehe :LOL: Ok, so you went with the lambda method... Nice, skips the need for another import and also tackles the case sensitivity nicely if people use mixed case in custom names.
Wasn't sure if the included Python version with the different ren'py versions would always be 3.6+ so that's why I chose the second method from the above link... only couldn't use lower() with that one.
Yeah... I was also afraid older Ren'Py versions wouldn't support lambda. But luckily after checking Ren'Py 6.99.14 (the oldest version supported by URM) it did :)

Um so I had a run in with this while playing a game called "Divimera" any solution? Thanks for any help in advance!!

edit: pretty much I can't do anything... can't exit, can't minimize, nothing
That's a pretty inconvenient game design :D I'll look into this.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
Do agree with keeping the thread neat, should make this thread only to the development of the Universal Ren'Py Mod.
Anyway Boehser Onkel dun need to create a post for it cheat, just use the search function and you be able to get a list of his cheat files. You can test on below link.
https://f95zone.to/search/1/?q=0x52...1&c[nodes][0]=2&c[users]=Boehser+Onkel&o=date
Hi Boehser Onkel, why don't you just create a post and link all your cheat on the game thread.
It look really messy in this thread with all your cheat file posting, also it will save 0x52 time to keep on updating his post.

Reactions: TheRequestor

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi Boehser Onkel, why don't you just create a post and link all your cheat on the game thread.
It look really messy in this thread with all your cheat file posting, also it will save 0x52 time to keep on updating his post.
Do agree with keeping the thread neat, should make this thread only to the development of the Universal Ren'Py Mod.
Anyway Boehser Onkel dun need to create a post for it cheat, just use the search function and you be able to get a list of his cheat files. You can test on below link.
https://f95zone.to/search/1/?q=0x52...1&c[nodes][0]=2&c[users]=Boehser+Onkel&o=date
I agree, it's getting messy.
I'll talk with Boehser Onkel about a better way of doing this.

-update-
Cleaned the whole thread with the help of Boehser Onkel

Last edited:

neman

Jan 5, 2020
0x52
Request if i may?
Can u add some sort of line-highlighting when hovering over search/variables results?
Just highlight that line which is currently under mouse

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Yeah, that does work. I just think it would be... easier?... or more informative?... to have a thread with all the posts in it, which might help newbies who may not otherwise see that specific link. Just a thought.

May 19, 2018
im getting this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
Exception: Couldn't find file '0x52_URM.rpi'.

any help?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Yeah, that does work. I just think it would be... easier?... or more informative?... to have a thread with all the posts in it, which might help newbies who may not otherwise see that specific link. Just a thought.
all my "mods" linked here https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-3-2-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/post-3164612
we decided to do it this way
i dont know about a own thread for my stuff - im a simple man , who just does what he likes
and im just making .urm files - the "real" mod (the .rpa file) is the work of 0x52

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
0x52 you rock! This has been one of my favorite mods and its 1 of a few that I install into every renpy game I play.
I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you put into this.

I actually use this so much that I followed the maker of Unren's example to convert this to a base64 string and added it directly to my modified Unren along with a couple of other universal rpy mods to make a 1-file multi mod installer.
It includes version 1.3.2 of URM currently.

Thinking of it I probably should have asked if it was ok to share but credits are placed into it for all the proper parts.

If you are interested check it out here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/modified...-mods-in-1-file-unren-0-91-dbz-edition.87393/

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 you rock! This has been one of my favorite mods and its 1 of a few that I install into every renpy game I play.
I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you put into this.

I actually use this so much that I followed the maker of Unren's example to convert this to a base64 string and added it directly to my modified Unren along with a couple of other universal rpy mods to make a 1-file multi mod installer.
It includes version 1.3.2 of URM currently.

Thinking of it I probably should have asked if it was ok to share but credits are placed into it for all the proper parts.

If you are interested check it out here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/modified...-mods-in-1-file-unren-0-91-dbz-edition.87393/
Thanks you for your kind words.
Of course you can share it (as long as you leave my credits).

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

MSword

Aug 7, 2017
Thank you so much for this mod its really help a lot, some suggestion maybe add feature to freeze variable value .., thanks

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes