Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes
Nov 2, 2021
Good day.
The Alt + M combination turns on skip in games for me or opens the menu if you just press M. Please give advice on how to open the mod differently

Eh. Ask yourself and answer yourself - 'be the combination was intercepted by the program: Punto Switcher. Corrected.
Thanks a lot for the mod

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I'm having an issue with the game "Sweet Affection". The bug pops up when you get to the first weekend and it asks you if you want to go to the spa. The options aren't showing up like they do with the regular game. Also options when clicking on the train station don't show up either.
This was an interesting issue, but it's fixed now in URM 1.5.3 ;)
Thanks for reporting.

Details:
URM prevented dialogue and choices from being displayed at the same time. I didn't notice this before, because normally it wouldn't be an issue, since the choices would just appear after the dialogue.
But in this specific case you couldn't progress past the dialogue, thus the choices were never shown.

Belzeebub$

Formerly 'Belzeebub'
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Boehser Onkel can you kindly check if URM is working in Mammamia!! It did not work for me. Neither the menu is opening nor the options are working... Also, if it is not working is there any plausible reason??

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Boehser Onkel can you kindly check if URM is working in Mammamia!! It did not work for me. Neither the menu is opening nor the options are working... Also, if it is not working is there any plausible reason??
didnt get so far to test it there :ROFLMAO:
was trying to find out why rightclick dont bring up the game menu - and gave up :cautious: ,
after making the renpy quickmenu visable /working at this game
https://f95zone.to/threads/mammamia-ep-1-nbarts.109695/post-7640705
i recommend to wait for the next (hopefully fixed) update

Reactions: Belzeebub$

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
0x52 Just a heads up, v1.5.3 crashes at startup for the latest release v0.31 of "A Knight's Tale". Your mod v1.5.2 (and older) works fine with it, it's just 1.5.3. Here's the traceback:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 Just a heads up, v1.5.3 crashes at startup for the latest release v0.31 of "A Knight's Tale". Your mod v1.5.2 (and older) works fine with it, it's just 1.5.3. Here's the traceback:

The same happens to me with Au Pair Innocence.
Hmm... that's inconvenient. Seem like I'm using a function that's in 6.99.14, but not in 7.0.0.196.
I have to think about a possible solution for this.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Really? that's weird
looking into the script-- you are right - the choices notification dont show
my mind was elsewere right now :cautious:

all choices based on this

if tmp_choice == 1:

the point why its not showing would be this

call screen zoey_choice_screen("Is she all right?",820,380, "What the fuck!?",750,100)

call screen zoey_choice_screen("{size=-5}Nana is important!{/size}",500,100, "Fuck school!",550,370)

etc

while on season 2 it was like this

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52 and CCrusader

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
Can I send requests for mods?

- Perhaps the most annoying thing is that you have to confirm the editing with the mouse and not just enter on the keyboard. Now if you press the enter button, then nothing happens and then if you still acknowledge with the mouse, then the result is the same as if you had not changed any number. That press of enter seems to nullify what is currently being edited.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
The choices notification doesn't work with the Being A dik interlude. Any solutions?
As Boehser Onkel figured out. They started using custom screens instead of normal choices. So there's no universal way to detect those.

Can I send requests for mods?

- Perhaps the most annoying thing is that you have to confirm the editing with the mouse and not just enter on the keyboard. Now if you press the enter button, then nothing happens and then if you still acknowledge with the mouse, then the result is the same as if you had not changed any number. That press of enter seems to nullify what is currently being edited.
This is on my todo list and will be optimized in a future release (I already have a concept code for this)

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
A kind of bug pretty often troubles with mods. When performing searches and operating only with the keyboard, acknowledging the search with the return button sometimes activates the wildcard search. Which means there won't be any hits because it's active even if they came without a wildcard search. And I don’t always notice it right away and then when I notice it, it’s annoying because I don’t know how long it’s been active and all the searches have to be done again.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes