Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

DrSpecial

Formerly 'Tickvick'
Jan 15, 2019
Not for all games. IMO, (or as per my experience) if there are paths then you can get all of them by just changing the paths to true, but in many games like in defending lydia collier, you have to opt for one of the routes. P.S: I am far from a coder so I may be wrong, I just shared the experience I gathered from playing with this mod. 0x52 will be the best person to know the answer to this
yes, we can do that but we still can miss some dialogue IMO so if we can just choose both options when we need to then it will time saving.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
This didn't happen in v1.7 but with 1.8 and 1.9 every game when starting shows this ugly message:

File "...game/renpy/exports.py", line 3720, in run
fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "game/0x52/framework/API.rpy", line 206, in threadedCall
TypeError: __call__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

(However, it apparently has no negative effects on the function.)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
can we use it to play multiple paths in one walkthrough and get all the points and scenes? like some modders do provide this feature for a particular games.
This depends on the game. You can view all detected paths using the replay function, but you wont get the potential points

This didn't happen in v1.7 but with 1.8 and 1.9 every game when starting shows this ugly message:

File "...game/renpy/exports.py", line 3720, in run
fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "game/0x52/framework/API.rpy", line 206, in threadedCall
TypeError: __call__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

(However, it apparently has no negative effects on the function.)
You mean this gets logged in the logfile and in the console?

Apr 1, 2018
Quick question after I updated from 1.8 to 1.9 the watch panel started being on the left how do I move it to the right like before? That was one of the features I always toggled on to keep watch panel on the right side.

TheKingTermux

Jan 19, 2021
Please add group in variable table, for example create group with name manually and insert stored variable (remembered variable) into groub to reduce lag in variable table for laptop/PCs with low specs

For example:
Create groub (created manualy)
Change groub name (changed manualy)
MC groub for MC stats, etc (added variables manualy)

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Quick question after I updated from 1.8 to 1.9 the watch panel started being on the left how do I move it to the right like before? That was one of the features I always toggled on to keep watch panel on the right side.
Someone forgot to put this option in the new options screen :eek:
It's back now (in 1.9.1)

Please add group in variable table, for example create group with name manually and insert stored variable (remembered variable) into groub to reduce lag in variable table for laptop/PCs with low specs

For example:
Create groub (created manualy)
Change groub name (changed manualy)
MC groub for MC stats, etc (added variables manualy)
I've put it on my wishlist

May 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 95, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 95, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 98, in _execute_python_hide
i()
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 36, in afterLoad
AttributeError: type object 'URMLoader' has no attribute 'autoLoad'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 38, in script call
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
python hide:
i()

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
The Hard Way Free 0.13.3Free
Sun May 29 19:54:35 2022

TheKingTermux

Jan 19, 2021
I've put it on my wishlist
Also can you add a feature for search with punctuation marks, such as commas, underscores, brackets, etc?
I've tried it, but it shows "no result"
I'm having a little trouble finding the part that starts with that punctuation mark.
For example I want to search for ".love", but it can't be done, even after adding the character name in front of it, it still says "no result".

What I want to suggest is like this:
Can search using punctuation.
Automatically appends to groub variables (if groub is already created).
Can store "drop down" variables (variables inside drop down included).
Edit multiple variables.
Added multiple variables (with select / checklist section).

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
python hide:
python hide:
i()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 38, in script call
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
python hide:
i()

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
The Hard Way Free 0.13.3Free
Sun May 29 19:54:35 2022
Did you extract the RPA file or something?

Also can you add a feature for search with punctuation marks, such as commas, underscores, brackets, etc?
I've tried it, but it shows "no result"
I'm having a little trouble finding the part that starts with that punctuation mark.
For example I want to search for ".love", but it can't be done, even after adding the character name in front of it, it still says "no result".
Do you have some examples where this doesn't work. It works fine for me:
1653922742907.png

Or are you trying to search for a variable name? Then it makes sense you don't get any results, because variable names cannot contain dots, commas, brackets, etc. (only an underscore)
If URM shows a variable with a dot it means that it's a variable inside a variable, for example something.example means something is an object that contains the variable example

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
So I encountered this error with two different games now. Both times i just could not save anymore, it threw this error every time. Doesn't matter if I try to save trough the mod or normally, I can keep playing but never save. Also all Autosave dissapear unfortunately, they are just gone after closing the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Chiming in to say this issue occurs for me as well with Fresh Women 0.4 which is running renpy 7.4.11.2266
I'm pretty sure I've fixed this just now :cool: (just grab the latest version)
Please let me know when it still occurs

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
You legend. Just wondering though - what triggered it? Was it just random?
I'm not a 100% sure about the exact cause, but I was able to reproduce it by starting a label in a new context and then trigger a save (while still in this new context).
Also, it only happened using a production build of URM, it didn't happen in my development build (if it did I would have probably encountered it before).

Reactions: depp123

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hey 0x52, I still love and use your URM, and the work you do and how fast you fix issues is amazing! Although I haven't had time to enjoy games in the past few months, now, that I'm somehow coming back to play them, URM is the first thing I install in basically every game! :D

I do have one request though, but I'm not sure if it's possible to implement something like this. In games with "free roam" you have the option to click on certain parts of the screen, mostly some kind of menus and stuff, but sometimes you also have to find some "hidden" objects to unlock secrets or extras. Would it be possible to have an option to highlight or draw a border around clickable parts of the screen when pressing a hotkey? Here's what I've been thinking of:

* in the URM options one can define a color for highlighting/the border you want to see for clickable areas
* you can also define if you want to see those highlights/borders all the time or just when you press a hotkey
* define a hotkey which (while being pressed) highlights all the clickable areas

Could this be done?
Thanks a lot in advance!

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey 0x52, I still love and use your URM, and the work you do and how fast you fix issues is amazing! Although I haven't had time to enjoy games in the past few months, now, that I'm somehow coming back to play them, URM is the first thing I install in basically every game! :D

I do have one request though, but I'm not sure if it's possible to implement something like this. In games with "free roam" you have the option to click on certain parts of the screen, mostly some kind of menus and stuff, but sometimes you also have to find some "hidden" objects to unlock secrets or extras. Would it be possible to have an option to highlight or draw a border around clickable parts of the screen when pressing a hotkey? Here's what I've been thinking of:

* in the URM options one can define a color for highlighting/the border you want to see for clickable areas
* you can also define if you want to see those highlights/borders all the time or just when you press a hotkey
* define a hotkey which (while being pressed) highlights all the clickable areas

Could this be done?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Hey, good to see you here again.

In most cases those clickable items are floating screens with image buttons. So I guess a way of doing this would be marking all available buttons in all visible screens.
It's not hard to implement this. I even already have a module that's able to list buttons inside a screen, but I don't think this is a very convenient way of doing this.
I'll think about it some more, because I like the idea.

TheKingTermux

Jan 19, 2021
Do you have some examples where this doesn't work. It works fine for me:
View attachment 1839981
2022-05-31 11_38_31-Greenshot.png

2022-05-31 11_38_43-Greenshot.png
//Edited Better Picture//

Or are you trying to search for a variable name? Then it makes sense you don't get any results, because variable names cannot contain dots, commas, brackets, etc. (only an underscore)
If URM shows a variable with a dot it means that it's a variable inside a variable, for example something.example means something is an object that contains the variable example
I dunno about Renpy enggine, but it seem right. I search a .love//.happiness//.energy or charactername.love//.happiness//.energy and it shows "no results" //in picture above//. I use this method to shorten the search time in the game with many characters in the game. Indeed, sometimes there are variables that cannot be scanned at all. For example in the game "Lewd Town Adventures" you can only search for "day" and "money", but not with "love" and "corruption" stats. I don't know, maybe this game is still under development.

Can you add this feature to wish list?
- Automatically appends to groub variables (if groub is already created).
- Can store "drop down" variables (variables inside drop down included).
- Edit multiple variables.
- Added multiple variables (with select / checklist section).
Thanks

Last edited:

johnm

Mar 7, 2018
first i just want to say thanks for this amazing mod, its fantastic and so are the updates to it.
a couple ideas to add/consider for future updates.
an option on watchlist to change a variable +1 / -1 or quick toggle from true/false without the need to open it.
an option to pause/auto open the path variables when they exist. sometimes it auto advances and you miss the chance/dont have the option to click on it.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi 0x52 Glad this is working well on Android!
Is there any chance we can get a setting for the number of search results per page?
Probably won't make a huge difference for PC users but in Android the keyboard takes up a huge amount of screen space. Screenshot_20220531_173741_bastard.girls.r.jpg

Reactions: Belzeebub$
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes