Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Mister Player

May 9, 2023
0x52 sorry if I sound impatient but can we expect any updates any time soon or any progress report on the next release. Up until 1.14 there were an update every month but after march (except for the bug fix 1.14.1) there is no update. I am sure you are pretty busy being so knowledgeable and I am really grateful for this awesome mod but if there are any news please donot forget to share with this forum. I am sure there are many others who are eager to know its progress. Lastly, thanks for making our gaming easier....

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52 sorry if I sound impatient but can we expect any updates any time soon or any progress report on the next release. Up until 1.14 there were an update every month but after march (except for the bug fix 1.14.1) there is no update. I am sure you are pretty busy being so knowledgeable and I am really grateful for this awesome mod but if there are any news please donot forget to share with this forum. I am sure there are many others who are eager to know its progress. Lastly, thanks for making our gaming easier....
eeeh
what exactly are you waiting for to be updated ?
tool works flawless on 99% of the games

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
No! I already saw that the "next" column has the replay, but before my actions, in this objective at the beginning of my use of the tool, it was in the "code" column.
That's why the FOTM print was the first game I used it.
I reinforce the question: were there changes in the new version or could this be reversed?
I don't really understand what you're asking.
Aren't you just looking for the "Condition" button? This shows what conditions/values should be met for a choice to show.

This choices dialog has been almost the same since it's introduction in version 0.8 (2021-03-07) and got some improvement and additions in version 1.11 (2022-09-21).

I'm currently working on a feature that's on the roadmap. But I don't have an expected release date yet. There's still a lot to do.
When I have something more concrete I might post a preview for my partons.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...Up until 1.14 there were an update every month but after march (except for the bug fix 1.14.1) there is no update...
I guess a new update will be out if there's new features or if there are some serious bugs in the current version that need fixing. But as you're impatiently waiting for an update: what's wrong with the current version? ;)

Mister Player

May 9, 2023
eeeh
what exactly are you waiting for to be updated ?
tool works flawless on 99% of the games
Firstly, thanks for the reply. Am a newbie... Sorry if sounded like an ingrate. To answer your question there are no bugs and it works fine but there are always room for betterment and I wanted to see the fruition of the roadmap tbh.... It is like anxiety for the new features....
I don't really understand what you're asking.
Aren't you just looking for the "Condition" button? This shows what conditions/values should be met for a choice to show.

This choices dialog has been almost the same since it's introduction in version 0.8 (2021-03-07) and got some improvement and additions in version 1.11 (2022-09-21).

I'm currently working on a feature that's on the roadmap. But I don't have an expected release date yet. There's still a lot to do.
When I have something more concrete I might post a preview for my partons.
Firstly,Thanks for the reply. It is great thing that you take time out of your busy life to help us and to keep an eye on your thread and reply to me (and indulge in our naggings). I was just curious to know whether there are any progress.... Also, sorry for freeloading and if I sounded like an ingrate
I guess a new update will be out if there's new features or if there are some serious bugs in the current version that need fixing. But as you're impatiently waiting for an update: what's wrong with the current version? ;)
There is absolutely nothing wrong. Just curious to see if any of those roadmap features are to be included in the coming update. Also, it works really fine. This really is universal mod.... Thanks for replying

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

SezRaipiffar

Sep 14, 2022
View attachment 587373

Overview:
Easiest installation, open mod by pressing Alt+M

This mod is a great tool to cheat or debug Ren'Py games. See full Features list below for details.

Some features in short:
Find, change, freeze and monitor variables, detect hidden choices, detect paths, rename any character, find/save/replay scenes, watch variables, skip splashscreen

Updated: 2023-05-10
Game/Creator: Any Ren'Py game using Ren'Py engine 6.99.14 or newer
Modder: 0x52 -
Mod Version: 1.14.1

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Roadmap:

Installation:

Change-Log:

After developing Ren'Py mods for almost a year now. I thought is was time to create the mod of all mods.
So here is what I call URM (or Universal Ren'Py Mod). The goal of this mod is to enable anyone (even without any programming knowledge) to be able to quickly and easily mod any Ren'Py game.
Just drop the mod file into your favorite game's "game" directory and start modding!

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate any feedback, so I know I'm not doing this for nothing.
Or maybe consider supporting me or .

WARNING!
You could break your game modifying any variable. Use at your own risk!
Breaking the game depends on the game's programming. You could create set of values the game doesn't expect. Which for example could prevent you to progress in the game or miss certain scenes. I would recommend saving before modifying. So you could always go back if something unexpected happens.

Screenshots:
View attachment 1083993 View attachment 2227883 View attachment 1083995 View attachment 1083998 View attachment 1556197 View attachment 1084000 View attachment 1781739 View attachment 2477575

Download:
or Attachment below​
aw too bad. I guess i should have paid more attention :eek:
-i had assumed that this program would allow me to do stuff like
changing names
adding scenes
and altering scenes
but i guess its a bit more simple than that

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
aw too bad. I guess i should have paid more attention :eek:
-i had assumed that this program would allow me to do stuff like
changing names
adding scenes
and altering scenes

but i guess its a bit more simple than that
you can do this
what kind of mod here does make this possible

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
Just tried it and it doesn't seem to work with Goodbye Eternity:

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/API.rpyc.
Seems like that particular game handles scripts differently, as the /game/ folder is clear of rpa files in general, so it's probably just an edge case.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Any work/progress on that idea i had for making certain variables ignorable? Ever since Selebus did that sfw version to lessons in love and tucked it into the main game with the flag 'bonus' it pops up all the friggin time in replay, would be really cool to set that one and others like it to just not show up, the idea was to cover all instances of simple and very regular checks for binary flags, other games i've played sometimes let you choose the PC's gender for example so you constantly get the gender flag getting checked, sometimes many times within a single scene and you end up with situations where you either waste a tonne of time checking each pop-up to not risk missing an important one, or, the more likely situation, simply giving up and turning the function off and playing blind cause it's just too annoying. I really think it'd be a great feature to add though i've no idea how easy or hard it would be to code it in.

Hope i'm not being annoying, i just really fucking love this mod and want it to be the best, most useful mod it can be, it's the most QoL increasing QoL mod i've ever used in any game ever.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Has anyone had success with this new title Realm Invader [Episode 1] , for the 0x52 tool to display the info window...when game choices happen? I'm using the latest release, but there is no 0x52 info window, when ever story choices take place. (Also, this new title uses Ren'py version 7.41.)

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Has anyone had success with this new title Realm Invader [Episode 1] , for the 0x52 tool to display the info window...when game choices happen? I'm using the latest release, but there is no 0x52 info window, when ever story choices take place. (Also, this new title uses Ren'py version 7.41.)
Has nothing to do with RenPy version. That game uses custom choice screens.:
Python:
# in script.rpy file:
    call screen choicescreen("m1choice1", "left")

# And in the separate choices.rpy file, after the definition of how choicescreen works and looks:
    define m1choice1 = [
        Choice("Ask her to make breakfast", "m1choice1_1"),
        Choice("Thank her for checking on you", "m1choice1_2"),
        Choice("Say nothing", "m1choice1_3")
    ]

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Has nothing to do with RenPy version. That game uses custom choice screens.:
Python:
# in script.rpy file:
    call screen choicescreen("m1choice1", "left")

# And in the separate choices.rpy file, after the definition of how choicescreen works and looks:
    define m1choice1 = [
        Choice("Ask her to make breakfast", "m1choice1_1"),
        Choice("Thank her for checking on you", "m1choice1_2"),
        Choice("Say nothing", "m1choice1_3")
    ]
Thanks for your reply... Well I figured it was how this project was coded... as I noticed the first time I saw the 0x52_URM window function as it normally does with other titles, is at this location in the story.
Then, later I noticed only a few other spots in the story...the 0x52 tool display window actually worked. But almost all the other choices showed no 0x52_URM window.

But, I really appreciate your efforts in helping me understand the reasons for the 0x52 tool's failure to display. Thanks again.

Reactions: theMickey_ and Tiur

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Any work/progress on that idea i had for making certain variables ignorable? Ever since Selebus did that sfw version to lessons in love and tucked it into the main game with the flag 'bonus' it pops up all the friggin time in replay, would be really cool to set that one and others like it to just not show up, the idea was to cover all instances of simple and very regular checks for binary flags, other games i've played sometimes let you choose the PC's gender for example so you constantly get the gender flag getting checked, sometimes many times within a single scene and you end up with situations where you either waste a tonne of time checking each pop-up to not risk missing an important one, or, the more likely situation, simply giving up and turning the function off and playing blind cause it's just too annoying. I really think it'd be a great feature to add though i've no idea how easy or hard it would be to code it in.

Hope i'm not being annoying, i just really fucking love this mod and want it to be the best, most useful mod it can be, it's the most QoL increasing QoL mod i've ever used in any game ever.
It's still on the list, but no progress on it yet

Thanks for your reply... Well I figured it was how this project was coded... as I noticed the first time I saw the 0x52_URM window function as it normally does with other titles, is at this location in the story.
Then, later I noticed only a few other spots in the story...the 0x52 tool display window actually worked. But almost all the other choices showed no 0x52_URM window.

But, I really appreciate your efforts in helping me understand the reasons for the 0x52 tool's failure to display. Thanks again.
Your screenshot is a detected path, not a choice.
Path detection it not affected by a custom choices menu ;)

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I regards to games like Goodbye Eternity is it something as simple as the way its packed into rpyc files and extracting would solve the issue? Not sure if anyone tried. (I mod a lot of games by unpacking them with relative ease. What makes games like that so different? Never played Extra Life/Goodbye Eternity).

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
I just tested it -- and it seems that this game is in French without the option to change the language to English, so I don't understand what's going on at all. But what I did see, that instead of *.rpa files it has a couple of *.jas files in its game directory, which I wasn't able to unpack/decrypt to check their content.

If you just add the 0x52_URM.rpa file to the games directory, URM won't work (I guess because the game is expecting *.jas files instead of *.rpa...?! That's just a wild guess on my end though), but if you extract the 0x52_URM.rpa with unren, URM works just perfect with this game :p

// EDIT: Looking at the file renpy\loader.py in the game's directory, I can confirm that it's only accepting *.jas files:
...and if you rename 0x52_URM.rpa to 0x52_URM.jas, URM works perfercly fine. So no need to unpack URM, just rename the file :cool:
Weird, but thanks for the info. I can confirm that renaming the urm file from .rpa to .jas works. (y)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes