Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
What are the ways to make money, im struggling with that games Ren'Py

have a question

1.) Is there any money editor for mods Ren'Py?

2.) How do you get a lot of money in Stick games Ren'Py?
View attachment 1788717 View attachment 1788718

sorry if my english is not good
I think it will be best if you use unren(in case of pc) or open console to know the name of the variable. There is another way. Indirectly, if you search the value of money using urm, you can get it. But for that you have to get a unique figure to distinguish it from the other values.
If you cannot find the variable name. You could use URM to search for the value.
When this gives too much results, do something to make it change (in this case, earn or spend money), enable "relative search" and search for the new value (this will search for the new value in the previously found variables).

See the example "value search" in this post (it also includes a )

Reactions: Belzeebub$

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
I really like the path/if-statement detector, but on some scenes it's really, really fast and is essentially unclickable as it just immediately loads the scene. Is there any way to make sure the detector persists for at least one click?

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I second that above post. If possible make it persistent where it appears in between scenes. Again, if it is possible only then.

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I really like the path/if-statement detector, but on some scenes it's really, really fast and is essentially unclickable as it just immediately loads the scene. Is there any way to make sure the detector persists for at least one click?
I second that above post. If possible make it persistent where it appears in between scenes. Again, if it is possible only then.
That's going to be a challenge, but I like challenges :)
What probably happens is that the action before the path is forwarded automatically. In most cases you would have a text/dialogue before a path and you need to click to continue the dialogue. But you could for example have a dialogue that forwards automatically, in this case the detection would automatically disappear again.
In reality it will probably something else then an automatically forwarding dialogue.

BRTT

Jan 22, 2020
That's going to be a challenge, but I like challenges :)
What probably happens is that the action before the path is forwarded automatically. In most cases you would have a text/dialogue before a path and you need to click to continue the dialogue. But you could for example have a dialogue that forwards automatically, in this case the detection would automatically disappear again.
In reality it will probably something else then an automatically forwarding dialogue.
bro does anyone know how to solve the problem of some games that any place you click keeps opening the patreon page directly without letting you play

• Thinking Face

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
Incredible tool you've made there, thank you, its very helpful.

I've found a bug on Cure my addiction ch1.
When you save a Label and go to the Alt+M menu. When you select to display the saved labels, it'll crash with:
Code:
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The replay still works fine when going through it by searching labels or at choices.
Its just the saved labels screen that is crashing.

---Edit
It seems its the creation of the 'Move' command that is breaking things
If I comment both Thumbnails/List versions of the Move button it works
at file 'screens/labels.rpy.x52'
Code:
L73                            #    else:
L74                            #        use URM_iconbutton('\uf0dc', 'Move', action=SetLocalVariable('movingLabelName', labelName), inline=True)
## And lines
L116                                 #else:
L117                                #    textbutton '\uf0dc' style_suffix 'icon_button' tooltip 'Move'  action SetLocalVariable('movingLabelName', labelName)
The replay function works now, there is no displayed thumbnail image but that is another problem not related to the crash I think.

--Edit 2
This means that in this game they've assigned a character to the variable "sys". Which is a that's also used inside Ren'Py, thus it could create some strange issues. (in short: the game broke something inside Ren'Py, it's not an URM issue)
You are totally right, I've found that this game does indeed override the sys variable at _npcs to use it as their 'system message' ingame
The replay function from the saved label doesn't properly play even commenting the move button, so I guess this game's system must do other unusual things as well. I could replay it from the search screen though so that's good.

This really isn't an URM problem, sorry about that.
And thanks for the fast reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
what is the game from screenshots?
Big City's Pleasures

Incredible tool you've made there, thank you, its very helpful.

I've found a bug on Cure my addiction ch1.
When you save a Label and go to the Alt+M menu. When you select to display the saved labels, it'll crash with:
Code:
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'

The replay still works fine when going through it by searching labels or at choices.
Its just the saved labels screen that is crashing.

---Edit
It seems its the creation of the 'Move' command that is breaking things
If I comment both Thumbnails/List versions of the Move button it works
at file 'screens/labels.rpy.x52'
Code:
L73                            #    else:
L74                            #        use URM_iconbutton('\uf0dc', 'Move', action=SetLocalVariable('movingLabelName', labelName), inline=True)
## And lines
L116                                 #else:
L117                                #    textbutton '\uf0dc' style_suffix 'icon_button' tooltip 'Move'  action SetLocalVariable('movingLabelName', labelName)
The replay function works now, there is no displayed thumbnail image but that is another problem not related to the crash I think.
This means that in this game they've assigned a character to the variable "sys". Which is a that's also used inside Ren'Py, thus it could create some strange issues. (in short: the game broke something inside Ren'Py, it's not an URM issue)

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Again this new feature is incredible I really love it ,you don't have to worry about a walkthrough or search the threads for the answer and don't have even to Wright anything just click select and you are good to go :love:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Again this new feature is incredible I really love it ,you don't have to worry about a walkthrough or search the threads for the answer and don't have even to Wright anything just click select and you are good to go :love:
That's a nice example!

A thing I notice is the game's awkward condition. To do a case-insensitive check if the variable riddler_01 contains the word "piano" is would do this: 'piano' in riddler_01.lower() :D

Reactions: vimey

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
The URM shows error with the latest version of Life in Santa County and EvesStory
What errors?? Please attach the errors along in here. Mine worked fine. I think this version is flawless. The next version will likely add new features. Whatever bugs were there are no more. Thnx for this MOD

Dec 6, 2021
The URM shows error with the latest version of Life in Santa County and EvesStory
Sorry
What errors?? Please attach the errors along in here. Mine worked fine. I think this version is flawless. The next version will likely add new features. Whatever bugs were there are no more. Thnx for this MOD
Sorry the Life in Santa County was due to another mod.But th Eve's STory still gets error.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 150, in script
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 154, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/loader.rpy", line 9, in load_file
Exception: 0x52: Incompatible Ren'Py engine version

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "\EvesStory-0.91\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 281, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "\EvesStory-0.91\renpy\main.py", line 401, in main
game.context().run(node)
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 150, in script
File "\EvesStory-0.91\renpy\ast.py", line 805, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "\EvesStory-0.91\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 154, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/loader.rpy", line 9, in load_file
Exception: 0x52: Incompatible Ren'Py engine version

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.8.959
Eve's Story v0.91

Uncle - 1

Aug 10, 2021
This mod does not work, which I set the value for girls, for example, 200 experience, I click save, then I click on the file that I saved and click on the girl and the value of 200 is not there .

depp123

Jul 10, 2021
So I encountered this error with two different games now. Both times i just could not save anymore, it threw this error every time. Doesn't matter if I try to save trough the mod or normally, I can keep playing but never save. Also all Autosave dissapear unfortunately, they are just gone after closing the game.

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
Speaking of challenges, perhaps in the future there could be an option to have that little ticker notification for whenever the game modifies variables? Sometimes the changes to variables don't occur during the choice itself but happens several slides down the line, and it would be nice to keep track of them.

• Thinking Face

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
This mod does not work, which I set the value for girls, for example, 200 experience, I click save, then I click on the file that I saved and click on the girl and the value of 200 is not there .
Are you saying you change a value and then save an .URM file?
This .URM file contains pointers to variables and labels, but no values.

So I encountered this error with two different games now. Both times i just could not save anymore, it threw this error every time. Doesn't matter if I try to save trough the mod or normally, I can keep playing but never save. Also all Autosave dissapear unfortunately, they are just gone after closing the game.

I have to check if I can reproduce this. Could it be that both games are running Ren'Py 7.4.11.x?

Speaking of challenges, perhaps in the future there could be an option to have that little ticker notification for whenever the game modifies variables?
I don't think it makes sense to track every possible variable change. You can pick certain variables and follow them on the watchpanel.
Sometimes the changes to variables don't occur during the choice itself but happens several slides down the line, and it would be nice to keep track of them.
You're talking about the "code" button? This doesn't look only directly after the choice, but it tries to look ahead as far as possible. (normally this would mean it looks for code blocks until some other choice, a path or a jump is encountered)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

I just tested Healslut with URM and didn't encounter any issues.
Is there something specific that you do that causes the error?

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes