Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes

Royfl

Feb 26, 2024
How to open the mod I have used almost all the key combinations ALT+A, ALT+S, ALT+M, ALT+C, and many more so I can't enter the mod configuration menu please help.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
How to open the mod I have used almost all the key combinations ALT+A, ALT+S, ALT+M, ALT+C, and many more so I can't enter the mod configuration menu please help.
The first time you load a save or start a new game with URM installed it will show you a message that it is installed. If you didn't get this message it wasn't installed correctly.

See this if you need further assistance:
Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

Reactions: Feyd

Royfl

Feb 26, 2024
The first time you load a save or start a new game with URM installed it will show you a message that it is installed. If you didn't get this message it wasn't installed correctly.

See this if you need further assistance:
The URM was installed correctly.
Also when there are options the mod is activated and everything is fine, I just want to open the mod configuration menu to change names and I can't open it.

I tried it in several games and it's the same thing, the mod is activated when options appear which is fantastic but to change names or increase money I can't enter the mod.

1721156460374.jpeg 1721156504002.jpeg

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
The URM was installed correctly.
Looking good! URM seems to be installed correctly and working. You should now be able to type ALT + M to open its menu once you're in the game, you can't open URM while you're in the main menu of the game though. So:
  • Start a new game or load a saved game
  • Type ALT + M to open up URM
I've just tested URM with the same game you posted screenshots of, and it's working as expected on my end.

1721160721632.png 1721160732147.png 1721160793853.png 1721160741636.png 1721160753069.png

Reactions: 0x52

Couatl

Dec 5, 2018
i got this error from a game called Deep vault 69.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 157, in __init__
    super(LocalVariable, self).__init__(sys._getframe(1).f_locals,
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "g_script/map/vault_69/gg_room.rpyc", line 14, in script
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1971, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1953, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 349, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3420, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2166, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2688, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 480, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2688, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 491, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\csand\Downloads\DEEP_VAULT_69-0.3.7_a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 72, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 72, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 82, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 114, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 143, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 158, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 161, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 162, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 5, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 5, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 12, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 76, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 86, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/utils.rpy.x52", line 67, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/utils.rpy.x52", line 67, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/utils.rpy.x52", line 68, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/utils.rpy.x52", line 71, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/utils.rpy.x52", line 74, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 86, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 87, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 88, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 90, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 93, in execute
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 93, in keywords
  File "0x52-URM/screens/search.rpy.x52", line 93, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 157, in __init__
    super(LocalVariable, self).__init__(sys._getframe(1).f_locals,
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
DEEP
VAULT 69 0.3.7_a
Tue Jul 16 16:59:53 2024

Royfl

Feb 26, 2024
Looking good! URM seems to be installed correctly and working. You should now be able to type ALT + M to open its menu once you're in the game, you can't open URM while you're in the main menu of the game though. So:
  • Start a new game or load a saved game
  • Type ALT + M to open up URM
I've just tested URM with the same game you posted screenshots of, and it's working as expected on my end.

View attachment 3838579 View attachment 3838580 View attachment 3838588 View attachment 3838581 View attachment 3838583
I've already fixed it, it's ironic that the only key that doesn't work was the ALT key. I changed the keyboard and the mod works like a charm.
Thanks a lot for the help, this is a fantastic community.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Not really an issue, but thought I should mention it. Every now and then, I just cannot get URM to open using ALT-M. Sometimes after opening game, it just won't work. (Being A DIK Season 1/2 is the last one I remember it happening with). I shut down game and open it again, jump to a different save and it works fine. It's not a big deal, but since it's happened more than once, thought I should let you know. Cheers 0x52. Love your work, adds lots of enjoyment to my games. :)

M1ud1nh0

Mar 29, 2019
Assim como theMickey_, não consigo reproduzir seu problema.
Então deve haver algo mais causando isso.

Além disso... o arquivo de log em anexo parece ser do URM 2.3, porque o que está registrado naquele arquivo foi corrigido no 2.3.1;)

Você verificou isso?
[/CITAR]
Sim, tentei dessa forma, mas não funcionou

Last edited:

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
0x52 First, I absolutely love your work, and your dedicated support of this GOAT mod!

I have one query / request. I know this has been asked and answered (in the negative) before, but I wanted to bring it up once more. I hope I don't incur the wrath of the fellow pervs for this.

Certain Ren'py games use a phone simulator kind of interface with a narrow clickable arrow. Is it possible at all for the mod to still render in the full frame as an overlay, because the mod cannot be used properly in the small viewable area. I am not asking you to prioritize it, or even do it. just checking if it is possible.

Thanks a lot in advance for your response and the time you will spend writing it.

• Love

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Only thing I can think of is URM's theming causing this. Could you set URM's default theme and restart the game?
URM's theming doesn't touch anything from the game, but it has to reload all the styles in the game, maybe this game has something funky that doesn't like that.
Worked like butter. You might've to check the issue why it's causing it. But Yes it worked.

I have URM with default setting(always downloaded from here on f95 your main thread) in another folder but when I want to use the URM in any game I simply copy the URM and put it in the desired game's game folder. I only enabled Darker option once on one game and it was quite a while back and I usually copy saves from the game after playing the update and delete the whole folder including URM which I copied into the game folder. This is how I operate with every mod if I use but since than whenever I add URM(default one) to a new game folder it automatically picks up Darker theme but should that be the case? Does it store persistent value somewhere? But If I'm using default URM every time with every new game shouldn't this not happen?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: theMickey_

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
it is saying cannot extract file as archve is there a reason why?
  • What did you download?
    • The file attached to OP is called "0x52_URM.zip", and (as of today, version 2.3.1) its size is 1.177.689 bytes if downloaded correctly
  • What are you trying to extract?
    • You should be able the extract the above mentioned file on Windows without any additional software, just right click the file and select "Extract all..."
    • The extracted file is called "0x52_URM.rpa", which you should not extract any further

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 First, I absolutely love your work, and your dedicated support of this GOAT mod!

I have one query / request. I know this has been asked and answered (in the negative) before, but I wanted to bring it up once more. I hope I don't incur the wrath of the fellow pervs for this.

Certain Ren'py games use a phone simulator kind of interface with a narrow clickable arrow. Is it possible at all for the mod to still render in the full frame as an overlay, because the mod cannot be used properly in the small viewable area. I am not asking you to prioritize it, or even do it. just checking if it is possible.

Thanks a lot in advance for your response and the time you will spend writing it.
You're talking about games that are in a portrait/vertical resolution instead of landscape/widescreen?
Can you give some examples of games doing this?

I add URM(default one) to a new game folder it automatically picks up Darker theme but should that be the case? Does it store persistent value somewhere? But If I'm using default URM every time with every new game shouldn't this not happen?
As shown in you screenshots, URM has every settings twice. Once "local" and once "global".
Local only applies to the current game.
Global is shared between all URM installs on your device.

This is also explained when clicking the question mark next to "Setting".

Reactions: | Vee | and Feyd

lossius

May 7, 2023
When we use the text replacement feature, if a text is "Hello MC" and I want to change it to "Hi MC", every time someone says "Hello", will it be changed to "Hi" or will it just be in that scene/label?

Moonywb

Apr 14, 2019
I’ve seem to have got myself lost. I have installed this onto my steamdeck and the 52 icon was right in the middle of the screen. While trying to figure out how to move it, I seem to have hidden it and I cannot figure out how to pull it up now. Drawing a U does nothing.

anyone have anything?

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
You're talking about games that are in a portrait/vertical resolution instead of landscape/widescreen?
Can you give some examples of games doing this?

As shown in you screenshots, URM has every settings twice. Once "local" and once "global".
Local only applies to the current game.
Global is shared between all URM installs on your device.

This is also explained when clicking the question mark next to "Setting".
ThankU For your time and helping me solve the issue 0x52 and theMickey_ .

Keep Growing!
Stay Healthy!

GOLDLUCK!:coffee:

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes