Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there any chance some of you may have a solution?
If you don't provide any more details, unfortunately nobody will be able to help you with your issue.

Please see this:

Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

Reactions: Anno31415

Anno31415

Mar 23, 2019
If you don't provide any more details, unfortunately nobody will be able to help you with your issue.

Please see this:
Ah I didn't see that, thank you. So as for details
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)? - v6.99.14 2.3.1
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread) - Wet Sand, The Null Hypothesis, Camp Mourning Wood are which I tried with but since the issue is reproducible with 3 different games I think it's a general issue.
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file - No crash
  • What did you do that caused the issue? - Modify any game variables (gold, relation, item quantity ect).
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible) - Screenshots will not represent the issue
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:" - No error
  • What OS are you on? - Windows 11 23H2
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)? - No other mods used.

Repro steps

1. Start a Renpy game with URM installed
  2. Start a new game
  3. Play around, unlock some gallery images
  4. Save then restart game - Result: All previously unlocked gallery images are available. You may be able to unlock further gallery images advancing the game.
  5. Play around and modify some values with URM. - Result: same as in step 4.
  6. Save then restart game - Result: All previously unlocked gallery images are cleared like they where never unlocked. If you advance the story and unlock further scenes, they will be available in the gallery until restarting the game, then they will also become unavailable.
I also created a backup from both the full game folder at the install location and full game folder backup at %appdata%/roaming/renpy/ . After the gallery unlock has been restored due to cheat, I tried to revert to the backups but they also have the same effect, every previously unlocked image has been locked again.

Figured it out, there was something thrashy under %appdata%/Renpy which had a conflict in general with the saves. I erased the whole folder, reinstalled the game and now it works - with URM too.

Last edited:

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
i was just messing around with this and the game (5) Ren'Py - The Promise [v0.97] [Xagrim's Gameforge] | F95zone and noticed that when i change the relationship level and corruption level for example say lisa was at rel 10 corr 5 and then i open up the menu change her corr to 10 close out the menu her corr reverts back to 5 same happens if i change the rel and same goes for changing the mc stats (fishing/charm/fitness) maybe i did something wrong?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)? - v6.99.14
That's not a valid URM version, that's a Ren'Py version. So please specify which version of URM you're using.

Also I will try to recreate your issue later today to see if I can reproduce it.

Reactions: Anno31415

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Hi 0x52 ,
I'm using the latest URM version, and I'm seeing this error (attached traceback).
The game link Here (4 kingdoms supremacy).
I'm playing on JoiPlay, renpy plugin version 8.1.3_7.6.3+...

But It's working on 1.15.2 URM version.
I think the error because of the textbox function in latest URM.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Figured it out, there was something thrashy under %appdata%/Renpy which had a conflict in general with the saves. I erased the whole folder, reinstalled the game and now it works - with URM too.
Awesome, thanks for the update! :)

Futaonmalelover666

Apr 20, 2023
Hey, I'm new to here and I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered before.
But I noticed this in FutaIsekai and Idk if it is everywhere.
When using urm I can mod anything as I like and I can safe the game without issues.
But if I want to share the save files to people without the urm mod installed they get a error that the referenced module of urm can't be found.

Now my question:
Is there a way to make a save of a game without having the urm included so that it can be shared with other without the mod?

Thiago1984

May 11, 2022
Sorry for (maybe) the stupid question

Example:

I'm playing a game. I made some changes with URM (names, for example). I play until the final of this version

When the new version of the game release, i need a "save file" from URM of the last version to keep the changes i made????? Or the game automatic read?

(sorry about my english)

kimball

Aug 10, 2019
it looks like if variable is of unknown type, I'm not allowed to edit it. Is that intended? would be really great if there would be option to just create variable, since sometimes buggy games have some missing.
In my case, Bad Memories game has issue where one variable got reset and is basically set to `null` and I'm unable to edit it.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
0x52 In the Textbox Customizer, can you please add the ability to deselect the fonts in your list while in FULL mode like you do for LIGHT mode? Or if possible, to choose a custom font in the user's PC.

02.png
03.png

Kingman92

Jul 3, 2021
I see this error in many games. Is there a way to fix it?
URM version 2.3.1
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Android 10
Game:Babysitter
I'm using the modified language version of the game.
What did you do that caused the issue?
When opening the game
Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?
No other mods. Game starts fine when removing URM.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ShaowWolf

Jan 25, 2022
Greetings,

Anyone know how to fix the below? I tried using the fix from OG post but the line it said to look for isnt in 00action_date.rpy

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Anyone know how to fix the below? I tried using the fix from OG post but the line it said to look for isnt in 00action_date.rpy
Please fill out a proper "Report an issue" form, so we can look into it. Because I just did a quick test with this game and URM 2.3.1 and there are no issues so far.

Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey, I'm new to here and I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered before.
But I noticed this in FutaIsekai and Idk if it is everywhere.
When using urm I can mod anything as I like and I can safe the game without issues.
But if I want to share the save files to people without the urm mod installed they get a error that the referenced module of urm can't be found.

Now my question:
Is there a way to make a save of a game without having the urm included so that it can be shared with other without the mod?
I have seen this happening in some unique cases, but couldn't find a fix. Seems to be something related to some specific Ren'Py versions in some specific cases.

Sorry for (maybe) the stupid question

Example:

I'm playing a game. I made some changes with URM (names, for example). I play until the final of this version

When the new version of the game release, i need a "save file" from URM of the last version to keep the changes i made????? Or the game automatic read?

(sorry about my english)
When you modify a variable's value the new value will be saved in you gamesave, so you don't need URM afterward for that.

0x52 In the Textbox Customizer, can you please add the ability to deselect the fonts in your list while in FULL mode like you do for LIGHT mode? Or if possible, to choose a custom font in the user's PC.

View attachment 3892771
View attachment 3892772
Light mode uses the game's own dialogue with some limited customization options. In this case you can choose to have URM override the game's font.
In full mode there's no default font, because it's URM's own dialogue, thus you cannot clear the font.

I see this error in many games. Is there a way to fix it?
URM version 2.3.1
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Android 10
Game:Babysitter
I'm using the modified language version of the game.
What did you do that caused the issue?
When opening the game
Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?
No other mods. Game starts fine when removing URM.
Seems like the "0x52_URM.rpa" got corrupted?!

Greetings,

You are using a very old version of URM.

5.00 star(s) 35 Votes