4.20 star(s) 125 Votes
D

Deleted member 608056

Looks great so far. Refreshing to see well written banter/dialogue and the girls look fantastic.

Reactions: Namco15

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
File size doesn't really indicate size of content. This is 300MB but only about 10-minute demo. 1-hour content doesn't mean 1.8GB size.
In the case of this game, the 300MB is due to the high render-to-text ratio. There is nearly a new render for every line of text.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but what 18 year old kid going into college looks like that?! That dude is on the back end of his 20's at the least.
Actually, there is no mention of the MC's age anywhere in the script. Just because he is a college freshman does not mean he is fresh out of high school. There could be several other explanations - military service comes immediately to mind. There are countless others.

He may be 18, but we really don't know that yet. I assume we'll find out in further releases... or not.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
There is an error when trying to change "Maeve" name and after that all other names are not saved, they go back to original ones. Also trying to peek on "Shannon" gives an error too.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
There is an error when trying to change "Maeve" name and after that all other names are not saved, they go back to original ones. Also trying to peek on "Shannon" gives an error too.
Those error messages are actually written into the script. Evidently the developer wanted to get the game out, before fully implementing a few things.

If you look at the images folder, you can see those messages at error_courage.webp and error_name.webp. The script explicitly calls them when you go down the 'wrong' paths. Click <Enter> to get past them.

Reactions: B2B2 and r_o_u_k

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
* All right, another 'not-incest' game. Well, we'll see how it goes.

* Renders look nice.

* The start is kind of abrupt. I'm fine with the names, but it took a few moments to understand the relationship between Angel and Shannon

* MC looks like a douchebag. He'll likely be super popular with the ladies.

* Olivia's facial expression when she hugs the MC is a little too exaggerated IMO.

* I still don't understand why have an option button with only one option. It just makes no sense.

* A lot of these facial expressions could be toned down a bit.

* Oh yeah, a redhead. ThunderRob is going to be happy.

* Seriously, why 'Go To the Bathroom' then 'Exit Bathroom'. There's no point. Nothing is happening there. Certainly no need for option buttons.

* Got an error when I chose not to peek on Shannon. Unfortunately I can't copy it and report on it because the error screen has been altered. It does say that file 'courage.rpy' is missing.

* Apparently I can't avoid Shannon getting pissed at me for peeking even when I don't peek. That's really annoying.

* I suppose I should stop complaining about dumb single option option buttons or this will turn into War and Peace.

* Yandere action. Joy.

* I said I would stop complaining about the option buttons, but this is just flow killing. It's destroying the story telling.

* Multiple options that don't change the outcome are frustrating to players.

Well, this looks good, so I'm sure people will be lining up to throw money at the dev on Patreon. However, the story is cliched and all of the meaningless option buttons make for really awful gameplay. It could be worse, but it could also be a whole lot better.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Regarding facial hair, some people are more hirsute than othrs. I had a full mustache at 13 and a full beard by 15. I definitely had other classmates who had mustaches younger than 18. It's possible.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Thanks again everyone for the kind comments. It's a joy to read this thread. I realize that I'm new to this scene and I've done nothing yet to earn your trust. But I will. Try to remember that this is a little different from other VNs. Everything will be answered, eventually. :)

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
One render messes with my head a bit. "Don't Eat All Our Food" reminds me of being on a boat in rough seas.

The image looks like it was aligned based off how the redhead is standing rather than the wall so everything feels like you are watching a boat tilt at sea.

I did a quick rotation to show what I am talking about. Even my adjustment is off, but the crop helped clean it up so it doesn't feel like the room is tilting.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For what was there it has some potential and the teaser images look good. Other than a "youv'e" nothing jumped out at me with regards spelling. I look forward to seeing what else you do. I do agree with some of the others about toning down some of the facial expressions though.

Last edited:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Try to remember that this is a little different from other VNs.
This is something that many games try to claim, but what is it exactly that makes this game a little different from other VNs? I think that you have to have some sort of explanation if you want to claim that. Otherwise, you'd end up being the same as other games that like to think they're special/different but aren't.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
* All right, another 'not-incest' game. Well, we'll see how it goes.

* Renders look nice.

* The start is kind of abrupt. I'm fine with the names, but it took a few moments to understand the relationship between Angel and Shannon

* MC looks like a douchebag. He'll likely be super popular with the ladies.

* Olivia's facial expression when she hugs the MC is a little too exaggerated IMO.

* I still don't understand why have an option button with only one option. It just makes no sense.

* A lot of these facial expressions could be toned down a bit.

* Oh yeah, a redhead. ThunderRob is going to be happy.

* Seriously, why 'Go To the Bathroom' then 'Exit Bathroom'. There's no point. Nothing is happening there. Certainly no need for option buttons.

* Got an error when I chose not to peek on Shannon. Unfortunately I can't copy it and report on it because the error screen has been altered. It does say that file 'courage.rpy' is missing.

* Apparently I can't avoid Shannon getting pissed at me for peeking even when I don't peek. That's really annoying.

* I suppose I should stop complaining about dumb single option option buttons or this will turn into War and Peace.

* Yandere action. Joy.

* I said I would stop complaining about the option buttons, but this is just flow killing. It's destroying the story telling.

* Multiple options that don't change the outcome are frustrating to players.

Well, this looks good, so I'm sure people will be lining up to throw money at the dev on Patreon. However, the story is cliched and all of the meaningless option buttons make for really awful gameplay. It could be worse, but it could also be a whole lot better.
If you had read my post, immediately above yours, it might have explained the error messages for you.

As for the single-option buttons, I completely agree. I can only hope that the developer will redo some of those choices, so that they ARE meaningful choices. I got the impression that the developer is new to programming in Ren'Py, and was just trying some stuff out. He also might want to get a few bucks in his pocket before continuing. That doesn't bother me. If he comes out with a really good game, I might throw some change at him myself.

Given some of the new releases that have come out lately, I agree that this one comes up considerably short. But the girls are hot and I like the writing style, so I'll be waiting anxiously for the next release.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Hey man, nice v0.1! I'm sure you'll do well, the story is fun so far and I personally enjoyed it. Already looking forward to the next update (and hoping that it's longer than this one). Good luck!

P.S. The daughters are cute, though, I feel like I've seen their models 100x before and they're immediately recognizable. As for the mother, Goddamn that's a cougar!

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Somnay

Jan 29, 2018
tags added and move
It's an OK start but the errors are annoying and not being able to change the eldest daughters name because of an error that was also annoying.So I just went into the game folder and edited the script.rpy. I changed the default name to Libby then went through the script looking for Maeve or l in the dialogue or elsewhere
View attachment 346206

Overview:
Unleashed is a Visual Novel designed to play around a little with your expectations. To do that it starts off in the stereotypical way that all VN's begin. You might see a hint that alludes to "the twist" here and there.

You, the male main character, are on your way to your first year in college. Unfortunately, there was a fire at your dorm before the start of school, so you had to quickly find alternative housing. Luckily, your father is old friends with a local and she offered you a room.

In this short introduction you will arrive at your destination and meet the family.​

Thread Updated: 2019-07-15
Release Date: 2019-07-15
Developer: CarbonBlue F95zone -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - -
Mac: - -

View attachment 346028 View attachment 346029 View attachment 346030 View attachment 346031
It's OK for a start but very short and with a couple of annoying errors.I went into the game folder and edited the script.rpy. I found the default name Maeve for the eldest daughter and changed it to Libby,then went through all of the script and changed every Maeve or m for the characters dialogue and changed them to Libby or l.That way I could have the daughters name changed to what I wanted without any errors popping up!While I was at it I tweaked the dialogue here and there to suit my taste better.I also had to copy and paste a couple of lines to match the same way it was done for to set up the other characters names and find the correct code to fit for Libby's name that was used for Maeve and save .I was then all set to play the game from beginning without any problems!This was the first time that I tried anything like this,so happy things worked out for me!

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
It's an OK start but the errors are annoying and not being able to change the eldest daughters name because of an error that was also annoying.So I just went into the game folder and edited the script.rpy. I changed the default name to Libby then went through the script looking for Maeve or l in the dialogue or elsewhere

It's OK for a start but very short and with a couple of annoying errors.I went into the game folder and edited the script.rpy. I found the default name Maeve for the eldest daughter and changed it to Libby,then went through all of the script and changed every Maeve or m for the characters dialogue and changed them to Libby or l.That way I could have the daughters name changed to what I wanted without any errors popping up!While I was at it I tweaked the dialogue here and there to suit my taste better.I also had to copy and paste a couple of lines to match the same way it was done for to set up the other characters names and find the correct code to fit for Libby's name that was used for Maeve and save .I was then all set to play the game from beginning without any problems!This was the first time that I tried anything like this,so happy things worked out for me!
Reading this and all the other comments about errors after changing a name, the idea pops into my head that the Dev is pranking us.

The dev himself said
Unleashed is a Visual Novel designed to play around a little with your expectations. To do that it starts off in the stereotypical way that all VN's begin. You might see a hint that alludes to "the twist" here and there.
A stereotypical way to start a VN is letting you name the MC and maybe one or two other characters. In this game, you are asked if you want to change the name of virtually the entire cast. I know nothing about coding, but when I read your post it seems to me that the names are "hard", there is no intention in the code to change the names. Someone else found out that at least one error message is fake, it is just an image that pops up.

I think the Dev is laughing his ass off. He does not want us to change the names, at least not all of them. He is playing with our expectations. If this is indeed the intention of the Dev, I think it is quite funny too :D.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
It also messes up skip-forward. Skip will stop everytime an option comes up. Teachers Pets which-I'm-not-digging-up-the-link-for-at-4:44am also did this, and I gave my feedback about that particularl issue years ago. It is jarring, and it breaks skip-forward. I don't think you're being unreasonable by bringing light to that issue.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Reading this and all the other comments about errors after changing a name, the idea pops into my head that the Dev is pranking us.

The dev himself said

A stereotypical way to start a VN is letting you name the MC and maybe one or two other characters. In this game, you are asked if you want to change the name of virtually the entire cast. I know nothing about coding, but when I read your post it seems to me that the names are "hard", there is no intention in the code to change the names. Someone else found out that at least one error message is fake, it is just an image that pops up.

I think the Dev is laughing his ass off. He does not want us to change the names, at least not all of them. He is playing with our expectations. If this is indeed the intention of the Dev, I think it is quite funny too :D.
Now that I think about it, you may well be right. Which would explain why the errors are actually written into the code. Why not even ONE name-change is allowed. Deliberately, it's written into the code; if you change one, you get the error message. That would also explain all of those single-choice options one after the other. We're being played. :ROFLMAO: The joke's on us!

He's playing around with VN stereotypes and how certain other developers program their games. That's all well and good, but I hope he eases off on those single-choice options, because that does slow down the flow of the game, especially on replay.

Actually, I am now even more interested in seeing where this developer takes us.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes