Tool - Ren'Py - UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

1. 5.00 star(s)

vivaloveyou

The best unpacking tool, works great, most games can be unpacked easily, very easy to use, I've been using it for a very long time, thanks a lot to the developers for always updating, you guys are great!(y)(y)(y)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

mattemagic

Works great. I don't want to play games without it since I skip a lot of dialogue and I have no idea what the choices reference to. I copy it into every game since it's so small. The interface is pure CLI but it's dead simple.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Arhiippa Pylkkönen

An excellent tool. I have used this more than once to avoid lots of frustration. Sometimes I've just wanted to know whether choices matter in a game and checking out the code helped orient myself to the game. Other times it has allowed me to fix some annoying bugs that would have stopped me from playing.

Very easy to use and has thus far always worked exactly as promised.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

n0cn1l

Unren is a must if you play renpy games, allows you to scrollback, see variables in the games. Dev console allows you to use cheat and see branchs you miss out in the game. Just remember to have a clean copy of the game in case you don't know what you are doing and end up messing with de rpa files but the menu is clean and pretty much says all you need to know. Very resourceful tool and i thank you for it
  5. 5.00 star(s)

t727

An excellent tool to unpack game content from games which are useless or if you want to see content you missed out on when choosing a branch in the plot and don't want to replay the whole game.

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone.

I'm glad you did! For a later release it would be nice to have an UI with a progress bar when the tool unpacks .rpa.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ulamog

I've been using UnRen for a long time with countless games. It does what it says on the tin successfully. Nothing much more to say, it gets the job done. Useful for a multitude of reasons, one of my most common being allowing rollback without having to go into files, or doing a little personal modification.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Teron

The first thing I do with EVERY Ren'Py game is copy UnRen into the directory, run and hit 9. I'd advise that practice to anyone playing Ren'Py games, even my own one. Excellent tool :) (UnRen, not Sam)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

OhWee

I've been looking for a Renpy extract tool for a while now. I stumbled across this via Ikaruga's DMD 0.10 mod, where he had linked to this tool.

I like how painless it is to use this tool. I simply placed the unren.bat in the game's root folder, clicked on the unren.bat, and I was off to the races!

I'm using Win 8.1 btw. Not sure how well this works for other OSes, but when I used it for DMD, it was a pretty hands off experience. Simply run this tool, following the instructions, and after a couple of minutes, voila! I had full access to the game content, scripts, etc.!

I chose option 4 btw. I like that Sam has provides us multiple, and clearly defined, options for the use of this tool

Very useful for those wanting to peruse the game art, or for those that like to poke under the hood.

Something that would make this tool even better would be to 'archive' the .rpa files in a separate 'backup' folder once they are extracted. Not a big deal to me, but others have suggested this as a way to 'declutter' the game folder.

Thanks for this tool!