Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
It was both stupid and lazy, hence the dirty delete. I thought I'd gotten away with it since Canto's response was something like 20 minutes after I deleted haha. Oh well.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the understanding there, fellas. The fact of the matter is that maybe we should just quote the op every 20 pages or so because just reading random questions and thinking there was no response already some 5 pages back just means I was out of line and for that I apologise again. I also find all info already there in most of the threads I read, so actual interaction is not actually needed and, as I made the mistake already, not even called for.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Also, was wondering if Sam could get together with Maim Lain
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and include invisible textbox in this wonder of a program of his. Played a few android ports and ... just seeing half the screen faded black and covering a lot of the scenes feels sad, pointless, alltogether tragic.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] include invisible textbox in this wonder of a program of his. Played a few android ports and ... just seeing half the screen faded black and covering a lot of the scenes feels sad, pointless, alltogether tragic.
I'll not talk for @Sam , but I think it's not something that can really be made. @Penfold Mole have a generic mod for this thing, but he need to update it often. A tool like unren should stay stable and don't have too many updates. What it do, it do it right every time and for every games. An update of the tool should mean, "it works even better now", not just, "now it will also works with this particular game".

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you very much for the gracious response. I did read
@Penfold Mole
I realise my mistake and will stay my hand in having any reaction. I am in the process of having the "black band under text all over image" staple of game design forever beaten into my mind.
If there is no will, there is no way.
All I did was play two games on android, one with the fix implemented and one without it. The mere quality and fullfillment of seeing whole images under tiny text just makes it uncomprehensible why would anyone crop their own images with black bands under text just for the contrast. It just cuts the scene wide open and genuinely undermines the experience. Sorry for being unsure why the advances of this forum are not implemented by the devs who are active and say they work hard to render. Why, oh why, would they just crop all that hard work with a black band .?.

GhostRider_X

May 3, 2018
What version of windows do you have?
Windows 10 and I have used unren 0.7 before on the same OS in the same installation. Lol now it's giving me error for powershell.exe not being a recognized command even when I can run powershell just fine.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Try v0.6 for the time being and see if things work out for you in the meantime.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
@Sam
Would you mind adding a bit of extra functionality in the next release? I personally like to copy shortcuts into the gamedir, instead of the complete batchfile. Yes, I'm anal retentive like that. Saves me from having to replace your batchfile dozens of times in case of upgrades :). I've got some working, tested and ugly code for that:

Code:
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Set our paths, and make sure we can find python exe
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

set "realdir=%~dp0%"
set "shortcutdir=%__CD__%"

if exist "%realdir%game" if exist "%realdir%lib" if exist "%realdir%renpy" (
    set "pythondir=%realdir%lib\windows-i686\"
    set "renpydir=%realdir%renpy\"
    set "gamedir=%realdir%game\"
    set "currentdir=%~dp0%"
)
if exist "%shortcutdir%game" if exist "%shortcutdir%lib" if exist "%shortcutdir%renpy" (
    set "pythondir=%shortcutdir%lib\windows-i686\"
    set "renpydir=%shortcutdir%renpy\"
    set "gamedir=%shortcutdir%game\"
    set "currentdir=%__CD__%"
)
To create a working shortcut you need to remove the data in the "start in" property, afterwards you can copy the shortcut wherever you need it. Or you can call unren.bat with a batchfile like this.
Code:
call "<folder where Unren is located>UnRen.bat"
Having written it out, it looks like it will increase support calls for you. But maybe you feel like fiddling a bit with this and making it more foolproof. Anyway, thanks for the hard work!

RaXorX

Dec 24, 2018
Try v0.6 for the time being and see if things work out for you in the meantime.
It says the same stuff as before. Sorry for not posting this before my laptop got busted and I couldn't get it repaired anywhere.

[Also I had to make another account since I couldn't log back into the previous one after losing the app with which I registered the two-factor authorization and can't get the codes anymore.]

Edit: Even though Powershell was added in the correct path and the destination was correct, using powershell in cmd didn't bring up anything but an error, on the other hand using "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" this directly opens the powershell.

@Sam would be better to include that directly, I know it checks for the path in your code but somehow that didn't work for me. Since powershell is used for these two operations, it might be better to just run powershell directly from the path.

Although it's ridiculous since I have used unren to unarchive the rpa files before on this very same installation of windows 10. I wonder what might have caused it or what might I have done for that problem to occur.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
You've had no problems before with it and it appears you're on top of things... so I'm not sure there is anything I can say that can help you; I'm sorry. It's quite perplexing since you got it to run fine on that same OS. Maybe check for updates? On an odd note, I know that version 6 of UnRen works better for me than the current build. We'll just have to see what other suggestions by folks more knowledgeable on this matter can come up with, eh?

RaXorX

Dec 24, 2018
You've had no problems before with it and it appears you're on top of things... so I'm not sure there is anything I can say that can help you; I'm sorry. It's quite perplexing since you got it to run fine on that same OS. Maybe check for updates? On an odd note, I know that version 6 of UnRen works better for me than the current build. We'll just have to see what other suggestions by folks more knowledgeable on this matter can come up with, eh?
Uhm, is it for me? Since I think I got it to work in the end and I also posted the solution to how I solved it. But never mind, thanks maybe someone else might have something more to say to it or what caused my system to lose "powershell/powershell.exe" command entirely but running it directly from the path works.

Sword0504

Dec 21, 2018
I can't decomile rpyc files. It show me " output file already exists. Pass --clobber to overwrite."and "Decompilation of 1 file failed". Why? I need a answer.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I can't decomile rpyc files. It show me " output file already exists. Pass --clobber to overwrite."and "Decompilation of 1 file failed". Why? I need a answer.
That means the .rpy that the .rpyc would decompile into is there already. If it's the wrong file, delete it or move it somewhere else.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Uhm, is it for me? Since I think I got it to work in the end and I also posted the solution to how I solved it. But never mind, thanks maybe someone else might have something more to say to it or what caused my system to lose "powershell/powershell.exe" command entirely but running it directly from the path works.
Check that powershell's folder is added to your system path variable. It's probably missing from there.
Tell us if you can't figure out what I'm talking about or how to do it.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
how do I use it
Do you mean UnRen itself?

Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi,

any solution to the missing support of Ren'py 7 new feature "Layered Images"?

Thanks in advance

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I found something about the Layered Images problem here:

24 days ago, they claimed to have fixed an issue. I see that unren v0.7 is older, so it probably does not make use of the correction.

BUT: They also mention that unren violates the unrpyc license "(it does not include the license disclaimer anywhere as is required)", therefore they will not support it and mark all mentioning it as spam in their forum :-/

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes