Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Released v0.4, added to OP.
v0.4
Added "Quick Save" and "Quick Load" hotkey functionality (Thanks @Bloo & @TCMS)
Added "Enable Skip" feature, to force enable skipping of unseen text
Added "Enable Rollback" feature, to force enable scrollwheel rollback
Switched the method used to enable console and developer mode, to better support older renpy games
Tweaked the numbering of the options to group similar functions together
Added error if folder path contains square brackets, temporary workaround
Cleaned up the codebase a bit

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Released v0.5, couple of bug fixes and improvements. Attached to OP.
v0.5
Fixed "Enable Rollback" feature being inaccessible from menu
Fixed issue where "All" option could halt early if un.rpyc file already existed
Fixed issue with square brackets in path
Adjusted length of base64 strings, to reduce impact of batch path length limitations
Removed unnecessary usage of powershell, increasing UnRen speed significantly

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in rpatool), decompile RPYC files (using built in unrpyc) and enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source. Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10. XP and Vista users might need this PowerShell update from Microsoft:

Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require

RPA archives will be extracted to the /game/ folder. For RPYC, you will need to run the game once, and the RPYC files will automatically be decompiled to the /game/ folder.

Known Issues:
- Quick Save/Quick Load might not work for older renpy versions.

Let me know if you encounter any issues or bugs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hey sam! Awesome tool. I was using the unofficial continuation of universal extractor (great tool and even better now that it's been taken over by someone else) or UniExtract and it works fine (cool cause renpy archives is just one of many it can do!), but I like yours because it has the extra options other than the archive extraction.

Here is my problem though.

I don't like carrying around unren.bat lol. I tried placing it in a known %PATH% location, but it fails and that was somewhat expected. I messed around and was able to get about 1/4 of the script working by passing parameters like %CD% but all to no avail. It would be nice if I could just be in the root folder of the renpy game and open up cmd and type unren %CD% (= to unren.bat "whatever\path\im\in\) but that seems to only be able to work if you had anticipated a passed parameter and scripted for it correct? As it currently stands, unren just uses the current directory that the .bat file was started in and goes from there.

Is it possible to do what I'm thinking?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Hey sam! Awesome tool. I was using the unofficial continuation of universal extractor (great tool and even better now that it's been taken over by someone else) or UniExtract and it works fine (cool cause renpy archives is just one of many it can do!), but I like yours because it has the extra options other than the archive extraction.

Here is my problem though.

I don't like carrying around unren.bat lol. I tried placing it in a known %PATH% location, but it fails and that was somewhat expected. I messed around and was able to get about 1/4 of the script working by passing parameters like %CD% but all to no avail. It would be nice if I could just be in the root folder of the renpy game and open up cmd and type unren %CD% (= to unren.bat "whatever\path\im\in\) but that seems to only be able to work if you had anticipated a passed parameter and scripted for it correct? As it currently stands, unren just uses the current directory that the .bat file was started in and goes from there.

Is it possible to do what I'm thinking?
Yes that should be possible, however I'm not really sure of your reasoning behind it. The normal way is not only much more user friendly but should also be faster.

Open up a command prompt, cd to the right directory, type unren and run
vs keeping UnRen in "my documents" (or wherever) and:
Navigate to UnRen.bat, ctrl + c, go to the right directory, ctrl + v, enter

If you wanted to go down this route, I'd suggest creating a new .bat file and adding it to your %PATH%, something like:
Code:
@echo off
copy "C:\UnRen.bat" .
start .\UnRen.bat

Reactions: Krull

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
Lol yeah I was just trying to learn more batch scripting and possibly make the script more universal. Following your suggestion is essentially what I didn't want to do in that we would simply be copying the script to the game directory hahaha... Could even write the 2nd batch file to delete the copied original batch file once operations are complete, but this isn't what I was looking for. Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll experiment more with trying to do it the way I was intending and maybe share with you if I find the answer.

To me, one should not have to copy the file to a directory each time it is used, regardless if it's only once. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely appreciate the work =)

I think it's more about the desire to get better and understand the more advanced concepts of batch scripting that it is for functionality.

Sanvi

Apr 24, 2017
I keep getting the error "Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue. Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?"

I've tried pasting the in the /game/ folder, main folder where the .exe is, tried running the game first then running the .bat, no luck ... anyone know how to fix this?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I keep getting the error "Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue. Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?"

I've tried pasting the in the /game/ folder, main folder where the .exe is, tried running the game first then running the .bat, no luck ... anyone know how to fix this?
Looks like 0.5 may have had a regression when dealing with brackets in the path.

Whats the full path to the game directory? (eg: C:/Users/Name/Desktop/Something/game)

Reactions: Krull and Sanvi

Sanvi

Apr 24, 2017
Looks like 0.5 may have had a regression when dealing with brackets in the path.

Whats the full path to the game directory? (eg: C:/Users/Name/Desktop/Something/game)
Ah, that was the problem. I had the game in a "New Folder (2)", removed the brackets and everything works now! Thanks a lot!

wet_beaver

Aug 29, 2017
@Sam

you guys already had a tool that did that?

enable dev mode

it does basicly the same things as your .bat script?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
@Sam

you guys already had a tool that did that?

enable dev mode

it does basicly the same things as your .bat script?
Hi booom, Yes my script is similar to yours, with a few more features and a bit easier to use.

how can i edit rollback keys instead of mouse scroll
You can't, at least not yet. For the time being it uses the default renpy key.

Reactions: Krull
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes