Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Gaoraga

Oct 22, 2017
What error? the same as fr12rebel?
Yes. The one which says 'Cannot locate python . exe' despite doing what you said, putting it in the same games folder where the games executable, where the . exe for the game is

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hmm... All those screenshots with all those questions led me to an idea.

@Sam , when you'll have time to works on the 0.8 version, is it possible to make it so unren while print at least the three/four directories at the end of the current path ? Probably in its error messages, and eventually in its main menu.
This way, when someone put a screenshot, most of the time the usual questions ("is it in the right directory", "is there special characters in the path", "is it really a Ren'py game", and "which game") already have their answer.

kwazimoda

Aug 5, 2018
Hmm... All those screenshots with all those questions led me to an idea.

@Sam , when you'll have time to works on the 0.8 version, is it possible to make it so unren while print at least the three/four directories at the end of the current path ? Probably in its error messages, and eventually in its main menu.
This way, when someone put a screenshot, most of the time the usual questions ("is it in the right directory", "is there special characters in the path", "is it really a Ren'py game", and "which game") already have their answer.
+ show current path if python not found
1552839084186.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But I have tried it with every Ren'py game I have played and I always get the same error message
So the problem is not unren, but the place where you put the games.
Try with a directory at first level (like "c:\games" by example) then extend it, one directory at the time, until you're satisfied with the path and everything still works fine.

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
pretty sure the problem involves the path as @anne O'nymous pointed out. In @deehmi's case I'd guess it was the hyphen (-) because other than that, there are no spaces or other characters that raise suspicion [to me].

for me, 'New Folder (1)' killed it for me, either the space or the ( ) 's killed it for me

And @deehmi, this is most likely due to your modding, try unmoded unren v0.7 in that problematic path

kwazimoda

Aug 5, 2018
I always get an error no matter which game i try to use unren
I unpacked this game without problem.
1553178029657.png 1553178466917.png
Because UnRen.bat based on the DOS, try copy folder with game directly to disk (d:\IndecentDesires-theGamev003-pc). Maybe in the path is too many characters.
Or try unpacked with my MODv3 - difference v2 -> v3 is rpatool update in the program script.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I always get an error no matter which game i try to use unren
Spaces in the path might be the problem. Try running from a path that doesn't have spaces or special characters in it.

Hotlines

Sep 29, 2018
The images imported are saved in .webp format. Is there a way to change the output to something more adequate like .png?

Reactions: Zeca Suez

mrpwner

Sep 27, 2018
Hey,
UnRen working very well but I could not decompile. I have edited episode_2.rpy but I could not rpy to rpa again.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes