Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
it's what i've always used.
if you want to use unren to unpack the game files, first extract the game from the archive then run unren in the game directory. Do Not try to run unren inside winrar it wont work

Reactions: dp123

rewerser

Jul 29, 2019
That's bizarre. The script unpacks unrpyc.py and runs that.

Are you sure:
  1. The directory is writeable
  2. The disk isn't full
  3. There are no odd characters in the path
  4. The path isn't too long (it would need to be REALLY long)
unrpyc REALLY cares about odd characters, was unable to use the tool with [square brackets]. Didn't check but whitespaces might also needed to be removed.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Didn't check but whitespaces might also needed to be removed.
They can stay, I have two in the path where I usually put the games, and unren.bat works fine. It's any none pure that cause a problem.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
So, to backtrack, is decompressing the game first option 3 or 4 now?
Option 1 unpack the rpa files, these are the archive files if you just want to get images etc thats all you need to unpack.
Option 2 decompiles the rpc files these are the games script files, if you want to read/modify the games code, dialog etc.
Option 3 enables the console/dev menu for debugging/cheating etc
Option 4 enables quick save load if disabled

Reactions: Idatemodels

Idatemodels

Aug 5, 2019
I was just joking based on the previous discussions. However, I want to thank you for spelling that out for me. If I ever do need assistance I hope your around. In all honesty :) Much appreciated.

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Is there a way to have unren offer a choice of which .rpa files to extract? For example, I only want the scripts and not the images.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Is there a way to have unren offer a choice of which .rpa files to extract? For example, I only want the scripts and not the images.
Just delete/move the unwanted rpa before running unren

kwazimoda

Aug 5, 2018
I did so, with command line rename ALL .rpa files to .rp, wanted file(s) rename back to .rpa and exctracted.
I working with my project WinUnRen.bat next version (0.5) on working with individual files .rpa, .rpyc. When it is ready, I don’t know yet.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Just delete/move the unwanted rpa before running unren
No, please no. Rename the extension from ".rpa" to "._rpa". Then rename it back to ".rpa" once unren have finished. It's faster, and also safer since you don't risk to effectively loose a file that will be needed once you'll want to play the game.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
No, please no. Rename the extension from ".rpa" to "._rpa". Then rename it back to ".rpa" once unren have finished. It's faster, and also safer since you don't risk to effectively loose a file that will be needed once you'll want to play the game.
Wouldn't matter to me I tend to keep a zipped copy of the game, I especially have a backup when modifing game files thats just common sense.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Indeed with a shady guy here xD

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
I did so, with command line rename ALL .rpa files to .rp, wanted file(s) rename back to .rpa and exctracted.
I working with my project WinUnRen.bat next version (0.5) on working with individual files .rpa, .rpyc. When it is ready, I don’t know yet.
That's exactly what I did. Good luck with your project- I look forward to trying it.

Amonlip9000

Donor
Sep 15, 2017
hello guys, I have a problem...I want to get A Wife And Mother [v0.085 Beta] CG

But he showed this

"raise ValueError('the given file is not a valid Ren\'Py archive, or an unsupported version')
ValueError: the given file is not a valid Ren'Py archive, or an unsupported version"

This is something I have never encountered before...My Python version is 36

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
hello guys, I have a problem...I want to get A Wife And Mother [v0.085 Beta] CG

But he showed this

"raise ValueError('the given file is not a valid Ren\'Py archive, or an unsupported version')
ValueError: the given file is not a valid Ren'Py archive, or an unsupported version"

This is something I have never encountered before...My Python version is 36
Just tested with that game and it works fine. Did you put unren in the correct folder?
~\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.085-pc\GAME FOLDER\
awam_unren.png
A Wife and Mother Images -

Reactions: Amonlip9000
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes