Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Oct 4, 2017
Any way to get rpy-files in English rather than Russian? Dirty Pool for example only provides russian text after extraction with unren.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Any way to get rpy-files in English rather than Russian? Dirty Pool for example only provides russian text after extraction with unren.
They are wrote in Russian so, the answer to your question is : No.
The translated text is found in the "tl" sub folder, but in Ren'py translation file format, so it will be less useful than it can seem at first.

Darkmessiah

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for this. I've been using several tools to do this until now.
Ok so I have UnRen.bat in the directory but it says that it cant find python so i put python in it as well but still says it can't find it what should I do?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Ok so I have UnRen.bat in the directory but it says that it cant find python so i put python in it as well but still says it can't find it what should I do?
UnRen.bat uses the game's python.

Some questions for you:

1. Are you using this with a Ren'Py game?
  2. Does the game run?
  3. Where did you put UnRen.bat?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@Sam :
@randomname42 sent me a change to
  1. decompile rpyc files in subdirectories
  2. overwrite existing rpy files

Change:
Code:
for /r %%f in (*.rpyc) do (
    if not %%~nf == un (
        echo    + Decompiling "%%~nf%%~xf" - %%~zf bytes
        "%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%unrpycpy%" "%%f"
    )
)
to
[/code]
"%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%unrpycpy%" "." "-c"
[/code]

Passing a directory instead of a file will decompile recursively. Passing "-c" will overwrite existing rpy files with a fresh decompilation.

U

User_10739

@Sam for some reason unren no longer works for me. 2 days ago it just game me errors when extracting images from the archive.rpa, now I'm getting this.

1544345634565.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
2 days ago it just game me errors when extracting images from the archive.rpa, now I'm getting this.
Have you done something to Windows, switched some hard drives, added one, something like that ? Apparently it happen when Powershell can't find its own components.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Just reporting that there is an unkown, possibly character encoding related problem with Unren decompile function. I've seen it happening only in a few games in the past, but the latest one seems to be Cure My Addiction v0.1.3 by TheGary.

With Unren v0.6 it skipped some lines in the resulting rpy files with a message about decompile error or inability to decompile the code (I don't remember the exact words ATM, sorry).
After a failed attempt to decompile, on the next start Ren'Py compiled those new incomplete rpy files into rpyc files and the result was a game without the upper part of the HUD or OSD, whatever you call it, and various other bugs I'm not aware of.
With the new Unren v0.7 it just stops the decompiling process at the first line it fails, leaving the code incomplete. On the next start the game fails to compile that "new code", since it's broken. And therefore fails to start, obviously.

The latest release of however is working fine, being launched by Ren'Py itself.

So I'm guessing the whole trouble is related to the python/Ren'Py script being launched by the batch script with all its character encoding or some other limitations.

U

User_10739

Have you done something to Windows, switched some hard drives, added one, something like that ? Apparently it happen when Powershell can't find its own components.
Drive D: is my DVD drive so that's weird. Anyhow did a reboot and I'm good2go!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Hello everyone.
My appologies for any tone or bad tone.
Fact is still that Sam is a bilt in pinnacle/pillar of this site, therefore his efforts should not get squandered
My obvious disbelief was when I saw the initial post (indeed deleted now) where learning was mentioned My first reaction was to read all about this thread and as I found out that, basically, Sam had already explained that his tools that he graciously shared with us would enable anyone, dev or not, initiate or not, to, positively and unequivically understand Ren'Py code and decifer any hidden content a game harbored, using any text editor, there were quotes involved; also, unfortunately, some big letters.
My understanding was always that first responders of such advanced tools were, indeed, developers, initiates that actually do use such code and such file types ( .rpy / .rpyc ) on a current basis.
My comments were aimed at suggesting to any non developer, like myself, to keep to himself once modders and other initiates had real, serious problems to settle with this program, much greaver that using one or another of the text editors such developers usually conjure to make magik happen. Mere players, like myself, are still lucky to just use such a tool with caution, because, as Sam already indicated in his opening post, this program of his is an actual repository of several Ren'Py codes used by developers and hosted somewhere else.
To extend an olive branch, I did quote the relevant pieces of info Sam gave on the subject of the casual use of his program by non-developers and humbly ask not to be bombarded with snow-balls .

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
That's quite the text wall there. I appreciate you taking the time. My question, which I'm assuming is the one you say caused your "obvious disbelief" consisted of like 2 lines of text and only needed a yes or no answer. So I feel like you're blowing this up to something bigger than it is. I also deleted my question a good amount of time before your response appeared, which suggests it really got under your skin and you took maybe a little too much time to construct your response.
Before I posted I read probably about 2 thirds of this thread before I felt overwhelmed by a lot of people asking the same or similar questions regarding file path issues and brackets in their folder names etc. The only people really talking about what they were using the application for were talking about ripping CG's, restoring rollback functionality, and enabling console commands so they could cheat. It just felt easier to straight up ask since I wasn't at my PC to just run the thing and try it.
I admit I jumped the gun. But you really didn't need to let it bother you so much. I'm pretty easy to ignore.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I'm glad everyone is happy again. I occasionally visit this thread and was surprised about how the discussion was heading sideways. I think Canto explained himself well and apologized for the tone of his post, and Stag's comment took things in stride. On behalf of random community users like myself, thanks guys for keeping things civil. Y'all are awesome to keep things cool. Cheers!

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I was just curious about quoting the OP here. Seemed pointless without a cause.
I suspected that the cause was deleted, so I didn't ask about it then.

Since I haven't seen the original question in its original form, I'm not the guy to judge if Canto Forte was indeed too harsh. Depends really how stupid or lazy the question was. The level of lazyness depends on how easy it would have been to find an answer from the OP or by googling. I find it OK to be a bit harsh sometimes when it's well deserved, IMHO.

In such cases it would make sense to quote the question first, so there would be no questions later about the answer in case the original question gets deleted.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes