Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

reallybadman

Jul 14, 2017
the game XmasBonus which is based on SolvalleySchoolRV has a few animations however they play automatically, if you press any button it jumps to the end and you have no control over them. I was hoping for a way to extract them so I could just play them as a video or something.
I just downloaded that game to check and there are 3 fairly long animations in the game/animation folder without the need to use UnRen. :unsure:

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
I just downloaded that game to check and there are 3 fairly long animations in the game/animation folder without the need to use UnRen. :unsure:
after checking out the game files I found out that the animation videos are out in the open, so I had full access to all pics and videos without needs to extract anything, I just need to find them inside

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Is there a way to fix "no such file or directory" result when decompiling rpyc?
That question would be a lot easier to answer if you told us exactly what you were doing, and exactly what the error message is.

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Option #2. This happens regardless of the directory location or name. It used to work fine. Can still use decompile.rpy but that thing makes a mess.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Option #2. This happens regardless of the directory location or name. It used to work fine. Can still use decompile.rpy but that thing makes a mess.
Put the game in a path where there's just ASCII (A-Za-z0-9) characters.

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Put the game in a path where there's just ASCII (A-Za-z0-9) characters.
Yes, I already tried that. I know python can be bitchy about such things. Still doesnt work. Even when I copy folder into root dir, and name it "A" still same issue.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Yes, I already tried that. I know python can be bitchy about such things. Still doesnt work. Even when I copy folder into root dir, and name it "A" still same issue.
Well, looking again at the screenshot, there's an obvious problem. unRen address the file C:¥SP¥game¥..¥unrpyc.py, which obviously can't exist, in place of the expected C:\SP\game\..\unrpyc.py.

This is not normal, and not due to unRen itself.

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Well, looking again at the screenshot, there's an obvious problem. unRen address the file C:¥SP¥game¥..¥unrpyc.py, which obviously can't exist, in place of the expected C:\SP\game\..\unrpyc.py.

This is not normal, and not due to unRen itself.
Yen symbol is the same as \. Its visual only. Just a side-effect of using japanese locale

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I will never understand why some people think 'others' know somehow what they know themselves, without telling them.
R. Please do this few things:
  • Please cite your used CLI command(s) fully and exact
  • State used OS version, UnRen version and DL location
  • Add info of the project you're working on(name, special stuff about it...)
  • Try just with unrypc itself to decompile your project
Edit:
I noticed something unusual in your screenshot and think its possible people here focused on the wrong facts.
The shot says
Code:
  Extracting _unrpyc.cab...
and then
Code:
expand: invalid option -- F
Thats fishy i'd say. Either your powershell thingy fucks up or some access rights problem. Perhaps also a broken UnRen.

Last edited:

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Please do this few things:
  • Please cite your used CLI command(s) fully and exact
  • State used OS version, UnRen version and DL location
  • Add info of the project you're working on(name, special stuff about it...)
  • Try just with unrypc itself to decompile your project
  • This happens when using 2) Decompile rpyc files
  • Windows 8.1, typically using unren0.8 but happens with other versions as well. DL location doesnt matter because as i mentioned even if i put the game in root directory and name folder "A" same shit happens.
  • I tried it with dozens of games. Nothing changes except the number of files it fails to extract.
  • I'm a user, not a dev so i dont have knowledge to compile and use unrpyc.
Also, i always run unren as admin. Downloaded unren again, no changes.
Using decompile.rpy i got from somewhere works except it dumps all the files into main game directory. At this point i'd be happy just to have a rpy file that can do the same without making a mess.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
  • Windows 8.1, typically using unren0.8 but happens with other versions as well. DL location doesnt matter because as i mentioned even if i put the game in root directory and name folder "A" same shit happens.
  • I tried it with dozens of games. Nothing changes except the number of files it fails to extract.
Using decompile.rpy i got from somewhere works except it dumps all the files into main game directory. At this point i'd be happy just to have a rpy file that can do the same without making a mess.
Windows 8.1? Damn, dude...UPGRADE.

It's like Madeddy said - the problem is "expand: invalid option -- F". Maybe the Windows 8 version of expand doesn't support the F option. There's not a lot of documentation online about this, and I don't have Windows 8 to check.

entarotine

Mar 31, 2017
So the problem isn't version of windows, but something in your windows PATH. I've got the same thing happening to me, but if you check, you'll also note the error says to try 'expand --help' for options. Do that from a command prompt.
You'll probably find that the resultant text includes the phrase 'GNU coreutils', as it's not calling the Windows EXPAND command, instead it's calling the GNU coreutils expand command, probably installed with a devkit of some sort.

Two fixes. One less fun one, search your windows environmental variables, make some educated guesses as to what's causing the issue in the path, and remove it.
Better fix:
Edit the unren batch file, and replace
Code:
expand -F:* "%unrpyccab%" "%decompilerdir%" >nul
with
Code:
%WINDIR%\system32\expand.exe -F:* "%unrpyccab%" "%decompilerdir%" >nul
This directs the batch file to specifically use the windows executable instead of the first found expand file in the path list.

Reactions: Xamian1441

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
  • ...DL location doesnt matter because as i mentioned even if i put the game in root directory and name folder "A" same shit happens. ...
You missunderstood.
1) I asked about the DL location where you did get your UnRen from. Just wanted to make sure the errors are not from a corrupted UnRen or from a untrustworthy place.
2) You dont need to compile anything fro unrpyc. But ok. Thats no prob. For this is UnRen. :)
... Maybe the Windows 8 version of expand doesn't support the F option. There's not a lot of documentation online about this...

Like documented there the -F option is just to pass the cab file(s) into "expand".

Am I wrong or does it sound suspiciously like there no cab's or corrupt ones? And this points IMO again to a powershell issue.
:unsure:
EDIT: I was to slow with my post and did not see the post before mine.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Like documented there the -F option is just to pass the cab file(s) into "expand".

Am I wrong or does it sound suspiciously like there no cab's or corrupt ones? And this points IMO again to a powershell issue.
:unsure:
I'd expect a different error message if there wasn't a valid file passed in via -F. But yeah, this does smell like a shell issue.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Holy hanna entarotine. Something so much f*ck*d up like a wrong expand executable was not on my radar. If you're right with this... uh-hu, i dont know what to say about it just now.
I'd expect a different error message if there wasn't a valid file passed in via -F. ...
Yes. This is related to entarotine's idea. I think he is right.

Very intriguing problem. Did'n expect.

On a side note: I wonder just now why sam used powershell at all. You can merge strings without it.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Windows 8.1? Damn, dude...UPGRADE.

It's like Madeddy said - the problem is "expand: invalid option -- F". Maybe the Windows 8 version of expand doesn't support the F option.
It have it, the F option was introduced in Vista. But what can be the cause is the use of - as prefix in place of the usual / used by Windows. Both are supposed to works, but who know.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
It have it, the F option was introduced in Vista. But what can be the cause is the use of - as prefix in place of the usual / used by Windows. Both are supposed to works, but who know.
Actually no. The -F parameter was added '99 and came with Win 2000. The use of the minus is also total correct because the app predates the fuckup of Microsofts use of slash's as parameter prefix. "expand" and "compress" came in 1990 with "DOS 5.0" out from the look of it. o_O

I have here somewhere in my magic computer cabinet the disks for DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 dusting. However no 3,5" floppydrive anymore. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Actually no. The -F parameter was added '99 and came with Win 2000.
Well, it's not what say, but in the same time it's what say, so my memory can have betrayed me, which is something that happen.

The use of the minus is also total correct [...]
I never said that it wasn't correct, but that, time to time in the long history of the MS-DOS tools, some of them had a fucked behavior and among consequences some simply didn't recognized - as parameter prefix.

I have here somewhere in my magic computer cabinet the disks for DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 dusting.
Good for you, and so ? Is this a contest, and if yes, what I win if I found my DOS 3.0 floppy disk ?

All this said, since you sent us back in time, I took another look at the screenshot, and the explanation is in fact obvious ; the error message clearly show that this is not the expand command of MS-DOS.
The output should start with a one line description of the tools, then MS copyright. The error message should be "invalid option -F", not "invalid option -- F", and finally the reference to an "--help" command is twice wrong. Firstly because expand have no help screen, and secondly because of the -- which isn't a MS-DOS prefix. Therefore, the error is in the path environment variable.

R. installed (or had installed behind his back) an application that include an expand program (a port of GNU tools by example) and, for whatever reason, the path to this application is defined before the path to MS-DOS commands in the path environment variable. Therefore, UnRen is simply using the wrong command.
My Win10 is "old school configured" and not in English, so you'll perhaps have to improvise with this :
  • Go the the configuration panel ;
  • Choose "System" ;
  • Choose "Advanced parameters" ;
  • Click on "Environment variables" on the bottom of the "advanced parameters" tab which should be the one actually selected ;
  • On the "System variable" list (the one on the bottom) search the line "path" and select it ;
  • Click on the "modify" button ;
  • Search the line "C:\Windows\system32" and select it ;
  • Move it to the top of the list ;
  • Click on "OK".
It should solve your problem.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes