Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

kanatik_

Oct 13, 2019
I use WinRAR(not important)
But i have put the UnRen.bat into the same folder where the .exe is, but when i try to open it it tells me it cannot locate python.exe
What do i do to change that?
Hey, if you have some spare time, can you test what's going on?

That tool captures all events happening in OS, so you can detect what is going on.
After you launch it, it should start spamming tons of events, or you can start/stop it with Capture (Ctrl+E) button.
On the right side of hotbar there are buttons for event type filters, disable all except "Show file system activity", and then clear the list with "Clear (Ctrl+X)", run capture and exclude some constantly spamming processes in list by rightclicking their name in table and choosing option like "Exclude "blalbla.exe"", so your list'll stop growing to thousands of rows each second.

Then go to folder with unren.bat, alttab to ProcMon, in Options selet Always on top, then stop recording and clear list again.
Then try as fast as possible (to reduce noise) enable capture, and doubleclick unren.bat, then stop capture.
There should be tons of ReadFile/CloseFile pairs for unren.bat, then a lot of searches for "echo" command in all your path directories (wtf, microsoft, why are you trying to find override for echo? or it's problem of "echo." in bat file?), then some more unren.bat reads, then powershell.exe read and then finally bat tries to locate python.exe in game's folders, until finds it in lib/windows-blabla.
Here should be interesting part, because in your case you can't find it, so you should see maybe even winrar process instead of cmd.exe doing something near these rows.
You can screenshot or even use file->save to export log and send it here.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Yea, I would certainly like to know.
Don't know if it was a change in RenPy or the dev did it, but the encoding changed.
In the unrpyc.py that's embedded in unren, change
raw_contents = raw_contents.decode('zlib')
to
raw_contents = raw_contents.decode('base64').decode('hex').decode('zlib')
and it will correctly decompile.

I would have posted it here but I have never seen it in another game and the mentioned one isn't worth the effort to properly integrate this so it plays nicely in both cases, so I just did it one-off.

alexsans

Aug 12, 2020
Hi!
I wanted extract a .rpa file from Summertime Saga game, I followed your instructions, but I got this error message:

Creating rpatool...
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Exception calling "ReadAllText" with "1" argument(s): "The following file could not be found: „D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py.tmp”."
At line:1 char:5
+ & { [IO.File]::WriteAllBytes("D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1- ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: ( : ) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileNotFoundException

Searching for RPA packages
+ Unpacking "audio.rpa" - 111328873 bytes
D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file 'D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
+ Unpacking "data.rpa" - 1309461 bytes
D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file 'D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
+ Unpacking "fonts.rpa" - 11879140 bytes
+ Unpacking "images.rpa" - 789821283 bytes
+ Unpacking "scripts.rpa" - 20398803 bytes

Cleaning up temporary files...
Could Not Find D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py.tmp
Could Not Find D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py

----------------------------------------------------

Finished!

What could be the problem?

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
Hi!
I wanted extract a .rpa file from Summertime Saga game, I followed your instructions, but I got this error message:

Creating rpatool...
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Access denied.
Exception calling "ReadAllText" with "1" argument(s): "The following file could not be found: „D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py.tmp”."
At line:1 char:5
+ & { [IO.File]::WriteAllBytes("D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1- ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: ( : ) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileNotFoundException

Searching for RPA packages
+ Unpacking "audio.rpa" - 111328873 bytes
+ Unpacking "data.rpa" - 1309461 bytes
+ Unpacking "fonts.rpa" - 11879140 bytes
+ Unpacking "images.rpa" - 789821283 bytes
+ Unpacking "scripts.rpa" - 20398803 bytes

Cleaning up temporary files...
Could Not Find D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py.tmp
Could Not Find D:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\_rpatool.py

----------------------------------------------------

Finished!

What could be the problem?
Isn't the folder "Program Files" a location with extra protections in Windows? Move the game somewhere else. Almost anywhere else would be better.

Reactions: rafaelsteinn

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Seems like the rpyc files are in another format, but with the same header. And the game cannot load un.rpyc, so possibly the dev messed with the rpyc loading code?
He just over encoded them. I made a quick fix of my sigCorrector that reverse his [absolutely not a] protection.
You need to firstly extract the rpyc files from the rpa archive, the run "idiot" and once it's done, you sould be able to use unrpyc without problems.

Edit: Er... Two precision, you need the standalone version of un.rpyc, and you'll not be able to launch the game once the correction made. I haven't fixed the core of Ren'py, and don't intend to do it unless this kind of stupidity start to be a habit.

Mask0101

Jul 11, 2019
Hi, this is to see if anyone has been able to decompile the Patronus game files because with the old way I can't get the files.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
He just over encoded them. I made a quick fix of my sigCorrector that reverse his [absolutely not a] protection.
You need to firstly extract the rpyc files from the rpa archive, the run "idiot" and once it's done, you sould be able to use unrpyc without problems.

Edit: Er... Two precision, you need the standalone version of un.rpyc, and you'll not be able to launch the game once the correction made. I haven't fixed the core of Ren'py, and don't intend to do it unless this kind of stupidity start to be a habit.
Coming from someone who uses the program on a daily basis I can't tell you how valuable what you do is to me. Thank you.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
depending on how a game is build you can have a "variable defined twice" collision when you enable the developer mode and have mods installed that are supposed to replace files that are packed in an archive. a workaround for that would be nice. i cant find a command anywhere to disable this check.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
depending on how a game is build you can have a "variable defined twice" collision when you enable the developer mode and have mods installed that are supposed to replace files that are packed in an archive. a workaround for that would be nice. i cant find a command anywhere to disable this check.
Which game specifically? If you have a game that has RPAs that "override" each other, you might have to go through and figure out what you can delete once the game is extracted. You can use a grep GUI program (there are lots of them) and WinMerge in tandem to facilitate this.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
sunshine love + scrappy's walkthrough mod. without dev mode, it just parses. with dev mode enabled, the game doesnt load and displays a list of variables that are defined twice because it seems its compiling the rpyc before loading everything.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
sunshine love + scrappy's walkthrough mod. without dev mode, it just parses. with dev mode enabled, the game doesnt load and displays a list of variables that are defined twice because it seems its compiling the rpyc before loading everything.
Start the game again and you should be rid of the error.

WingedKuro

Sep 8, 2020
New to using this. Downloaded it, put it in the game folder. May feel like a stupid question, but how exactly do you open console commands in game? What is it you press to bring it up?

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes