Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
You definitely have to put the .bat file in the same folder as the .exe in order for it to work, Belfaborac . I honestly usually rename the image and movie .rpa files so I *don't* extract them due to the size they take up.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... option 1 just terminates after seaching for rpa packages...
Which OS version? Which UnRen version? Is there a error message by chance? :rolleyes:

Did you start UnRen by clicking on it or did you open a CMD and startet it by command call? The last should give a a chance to see a error line... the first way not because the cmd closes by a error.
You definitely have to put the .bat file in the same folder as the .exe in order for it to work. ...
We prefer it to be placed in the "games base/root directory" *¹ where the game starter located is, but UnRen works also from the game dir. Its a courtesy and for convenience because some people do not understand terms like mentioned at *¹ and place it there.
We would have a lot of "it doesn't work" posts extra in here and honestly this is tiring.
.. I honestly usually rename the image and movie .rpa files so I *don't* extract them due to the size they take up.
Would IMHO be easier you copy the RPA you "do not" want unpacked temporary out there and do then the work.

Last edited:

Belfaborac

Jul 7, 2019
Thanks a lot for the replies! It's bit academic now, as I found and used UniExtract to extract the files.

However, Unren version was 8.0, under Win10 Pro. I ran Unren as admin after first having placed it in the root directory and receiving the exact same result there (as far as I can recall). There was no error message.

I've only touched Unren a few times before, for mods which required option 1 to be run before installation, but at those times it worked flawlessly.

woscarricoche

May 1, 2017
I'm trying to use option 3, but it directly finishes without allowing any of the possible actions. I placed the unren.bat in the main directory and inside the "game" directory. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I'm trying to use option 3, but it directly finishes without allowing any of the possible actions. I placed the unren.bat in the main directory and inside the "game" directory. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
What do you expect to happen? It wrote a file that turns on the console and dev menu. And told you what it was doing. That doesn't take very long.

woscarricoche

May 1, 2017
What do you expect to happen? It wrote a file that turns on the console and dev menu. And told you what it was doing. That doesn't take very long.
Well, after pressing shift + O I was expecting a console to open, where I can write commands and these things :)

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I get this error with some rpyc files upon trying to decompile:
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I get this error with some rpyc files upon trying to decompile:
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check
That means the dev is trying to keep people like us from decompiling the rpycs, by changing the magic number. The problem with this is the game needs to be able to create them, so the magic number is in the game's python files. What game is it?

Reactions: yoyomistro

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Though it didn't work for the game i tried it on :/
Sorry, my crystal ball is broken and my usual soothsayer is unreachable. So you'll have to tell me the name of the game if you want some help.

Edit: He done it in PM, problem solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
1. Initial help request of him without the needed information.
2. goobdoob asks for more info.
3. I ask also for more info.
4. He answers and ignores us.
5a. You ask the same, also, with some clear "pointers" added.
5b. Inquirer answers you "just" per PM.
5c. You edit your own post and hold every information also back so nobody else can learn anything from it.

facepalm.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: lapdragon

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
4. He answers and ignores us.
He haven't ignored you (and even if he did, what the matter), he answered to the message that was the most pertinent in regard of what he had to say.
I gave him a practical solution, he tried it and it failed. The only thing he had to say at this time was, "your solution don't works", and he said it.

5b. Inquirer answers you "just" per PM.
And he had a perfectly good reason. He did it for a matter of respect.
He is just a lambda person, using computer things but not knowing much on the subject, like 90% of the world. Therefore, he wasn't sure if the problem was due to his misunderstanding, or from the game. From his point of view, publicly naming the game and all, was equivalent to potentially incriminate someone, while in fact it was it's own personal fault.
And yes, it's part of what he said in the PM (just more directly, obviously).

5c. You edit your own post and hold every information also back so nobody else can learn anything from it.
Because it wasn't at all an issue related to unren, nor to unrpyc, but something that was misunderstood. If there were anything relevant in what happened in PM, I would have added it in my edit.

Seriously, why would have I took the time to edit my message, if it was to hold something relevant ?

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Seriously, why would have I took the time to edit my message, if it was to hold something relevant ?
I took no offense by anything posted here, or felt that anything was being held back... Thank you for taking the time to converse with me :D

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes