Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

MonkeyFunk

Oct 27, 2017
I tried using this on "Another Chance v1.10.2" and the decompile step kept failing with a "\Internet was unexpected at this time." message, I commented out the check for rpyc files:
Code:
if not exist "%gamedir%*.rpyc" (
    echo No .rpyc files found in %gamedir%!
    echo.
    goto finish
)
And then it runs

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Unren 0.91 is also unable to decomple Healslut

gives the error message No .rpyc files found in \hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\game\!
However if it would have gone a folder deeper it would have found files to decompile in \hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\game\acts

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Unren 0.91 is also unable to decomple Healslut

gives the error message No .rpyc files found in \hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\game\!
However if it would have gone a folder deeper it would have found files to decompile in \hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\hs_by_dz-0.69-pc\game\acts
because its custom, by default they go into /game/., not any child directory of that.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
You sure about that ?
I've had unren work going through sub-directories like /game/scripts/ on other games eg. (College Bound)
The one in OP no longer works with a lot of games coming out. Likely something has changed. The one from THIS post works, but needs to go in the root directory, not the game dir.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
The one in OP no longer works with a lot of games coming out. Likely something has changed. The one from THIS post works, but needs to go in the root directory, not the game dir.
I understand it needs to go in the root directory. That's not the issue here.

The issue is it fails to decompile on some games and not others even though the recursive depth is the same.

Edit: Okay seems to be exclusively a 0.91 issue as the master build decompiled just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3xpurt

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I understand it needs to go in the root directory. That's not the issue here.
He(She?) means that my modification works only from the root folder, unlike 0.91, which can be thrown both there and here. Plus, my build supports all the current versions of RenPy, which I try to keep track of.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
He(She?) means that my modification works only from the root folder, unlike 0.91, which can be thrown both there and here. Plus, my build supports all the current versions of RenPy, which I try to keep track of.
Ah i misread, their post. Thought they were suggesting i was using it from the /game/ sub-folder which wasn't the case.
Either way problem resolved for now. I'll stick to the master version instead of 0.91 since that seems to be working.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Ah i misread, their post. Thought they were suggesting i was using it from the /game/ sub-folder which wasn't the case.
Either way problem resolved for now. I'll stick to the master version instead of 0.91 since that seems to be working.
Only those who did not switch to RenPy 7.4+, it was when faced with this version, where the decompiler could no longer cope, that we(there are several people here who made their own versions of updating this tool) had to take matters into our own hands, because the main developer, for one reason or another, cannot or does not want to do this.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Only those who did not switch to RenPy 7.4+, it was when faced with this version, where the decompiler could no longer cope, that we(there are several people here who made their own versions of updating this tool) had to take matters into our own hands, because the main developer, for one reason or another, cannot or does not want to do this.
Do you think it's time for your own thread? It would make it so you could update the OP with the latest working version instead of having to redirect everyone to your post in this thread about it.

Reactions: 3xpurt

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Do you think it's time for your own thread? It would make it so you could update the OP with the latest working version instead of having to redirect everyone to your post in this thread about it.
An interesting suggestion, perhaps I will use it when the time comes for the next update of the tool. Although I haven't been sure if I should do this for about six months now. :HideThePain:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I saw wildness today. I usually unpack the game, patches to it, if available. Then unpack the Renpy archives. Then decompile, if required. As a result, I delete the .rpa files and play quietly, like most in our small community. But, today I learned about a new fetish. For a long time I could not understand why the patch did not work in the game My Best Deal. Mom wasn't mom, and the sisters weren't sisters, although when I played six months or so ago, everything was correct, and the incest patch was available. As a result, it turned out to be empty. I began to sin on decompilation, but even the dump came out empty. As a result, I realized that the trouble must be with the archive. Although it is standard and even unpacks, but probably there is some kind of trick in it. In the end, everything turned out to be simpler and at the same time stranger. This is the first case when hidden content checks not for the presence of a variable initiated in a separate patch file, but for the presence of the patch file itself, and for the presence of an archive, I did not expect such pitfalls.
Yea, some people are using this "loadable" command that I've only seen in the last 3 months or so, it doesn't even check for the contents of the file, just that it's present. So if you see that you can just put a blank file in the game folder with the name of the file it check for, as you've discovered.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Yea, some people are using this "loadable" command that I've only seen in the last 3 months or so, it doesn't even check for the contents of the file, just that it's present. So if you see that you can just put a blank file in the game folder with the name of the file it check for, as you've discovered.
You're right. I just got all worked up on my nerves at that time, until I realized why, after all the "correct" manipulations, in the end, the family does not become a family, but remains some kind of roommates. I have already sinned both on the trap with the archive and on the decompiler, which can not pull out the code, moreover, even a code dump. And it turned out that it was just empty.:LUL:

• Haha
Reactions: yoyomistro

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
Good morning, some friends are trying to teach me how to use unren but I'm a layman on that. I copied and pasted the unren as they taught me and when I do 2 clicks it opens a DOS screen and then I don't know what to do. I know I'm asking a lot but could someone teach me step by step until I get to the screen to select images?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Good morning, some friends are trying to teach me how to use unren but I'm a layman on that. I copied and pasted the unren as they taught me and when I do 2 clicks it opens a DOS screen and then I don't know what to do. I know I'm asking a lot but could someone teach me step by step until I get to the screen to select images?
If you only need pictures, press 1 and Enter. Then, when the program writes that it has completed everything, you can close the window with the program.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
Pardon VepsrF when you open this DOS screen that I talked about has nothing written on it. How do I get to the DOS screen with option (1) to choose images? if you don't mind helping me

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Pardon VepsrF when you open this DOS screen that I talked about has nothing written on it. How do I get to the DOS screen with option (1) to choose images? if you don't mind helping me
I didn't really understand what you apologized for in the second message, but to help you, I need a screenshot of the window that you open, if you can make it.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes