Tool Ren'Py UnRen for MacOS and Linux v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

highfist

Aug 5, 2019
ok so i have the unren.command on my desktop and after running it and dragging the game and typing in 99 and then closing it i go to play the game and i get an "an exception has occurred"

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
ok so i have the unren.command on my desktop and after running it and dragging the game and typing in 99 and then closing it i go to play the game and i get an "an exception has occurred"
What game?

What's the exception?

I wouldn't play an unren'd game unless you understand Python and Ren'Py. If you want to look at the pictures or code, do it on a copy. If you just want to enable the console, don't do option 99.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
it was the game being a DIK
That's an odd issue.

It might be because developer mode is enabled. Find unren-dev.rpy, open it in a text editor, and remove the "config.developer" line.

If that doesn't work, get another copy and only enable the console, if that's what you want to do.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
python --version returns Python 3.7.1
What OS do you use? Linux or MacOSX? If script asks for Python 2, then install it. You can have Python 2 and 3 on same installation without conflicts.

Last edited:

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Extremely stupid question: How do I use this? IIRC previous versions had either an executable or a batch file. This doesn't seem to have either and I can't find a way to launch or install the program. The old version now just messes up games when you use it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Extremely stupid question: How do I use this? IIRC previous versions had either an executable or a batch file. This doesn't seem to have either and I can't find a way to launch or install the program. The old version now just messes up games when you use it.
Which OS do you use?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
goobdoob
Hey... you know why your latest version of unren doesn't work with Ecchi Sensei game? Unren runs and tries to unpack the archive.rpa but can't extract the files. No failure message etc. Ecchi Sensei has 3 archive files in total. I tried the light compressed and the heavy compressed version of the game but for both games unren was unable to extract them.

Log file says Ecchi was made with an old version of Ren'Py: 7.2.1.457. Could this be an issue? :unsure: Going to try Sam's tool in my VM.

EDIT: Forget what I wrote above. It seems to work, because I found what I were looking for. The guys organize their game folder and rpa in a weird way.
1568986257600.png

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018
unren.png

Hi Guys
I'm getting this error running unren from it own directory with the "Unren Tools" folder can make some changes but not decompile runing Linux Mint 19.2

Does anyone have any idea it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
View attachment 459586

Hi Guys
I'm getting this error running unren from it own directory with the "Unren Tools" folder can make some changes but not decompile runing Linux Mint 19.2

Cheers
Here are my instructions which I posted a few pages back.
lol.. no surprise, you are doing it wrong.

1. Copy UnRen.command to the games folder next to game.exe/game.py/game.sh.
2. Open UnRen.command in Terminal
3. Copy and paste the games folder location to UnRen.command (Terminal window)
4. Select the command number.

Most important step is #3!
Here is a step-by-step guide with screenshots. As a German fella you should understand what is written in my screenshots.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
View attachment 459586

Hi Guys

Cheers
Look at the error - "can't open file './UnRen Tools/unrpyc.py'". Did you move unren.command somewhere without the "Unren Tools" directory?

enigma9999

aka enigma
Donor
May 20, 2018
View attachment 459586

Hi Guys

Cheers
Had the same problem on Linux. Fixed this by changing line 61 in UnRen.command file to this
Bash:
unrpyc=$(realpath `dirname "$0"`"/UnRen Tools/unrpyc.py")

Reactions: rakajal971
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote