Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
I remember there was another user with same problem few months ago, and VepsrP posted this link as possible solution:
thank you so much the solution is adding powershell into environment variable of path-
%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Jul 17, 2020
I created this topic to simplify updating and maintaining the tool, so that people no longer have to search for the current version among the messages.

snip

My mod supports only Windows, unfortunately there is no support for Linux and Mac.
hey is it possible to make it cancel deleting .rpa if you chose to delete but extracting the rpa throws an error (ie when game dev intentionally mess with game's renpy resources to prevent compiling rpatool)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
hey is it possible to make it cancel deleting .rpa if you chose to delete but extracting the rpa throws an error (ie when game dev intentionally mess with game's renpy resources to prevent compiling rpatool)
In theory, this is how it should work. At least I'm kind of checking the unpacking result. But, unfortunately, this check does not work in all cases. If I find another way to check the result, I will then update the tool and report it.

Reactions: "CJ"

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
got an error trying to decomple rpyc

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit
error might have to do with game being on renpy 8.0.1?
Yes, and the file was created on an earlier version - 7.4 or less. Unfortunately, there is nothing to help. Just wait if the file is updated for the new engine. Technically speaking, anyone can do this, here is the source code.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi there,
Just tried to run UnRen-v.7.5.0.bat to have Bitdefender close it and cmd.exe
Has anyone sent a copy of the batch file to them to have them update their threat database?

Feature:Antivirus
The item E:\Downloads\ReversePsychology-0.14.0_Public-pc\renpy\text\__init__.py was restored at user request.

Comments please.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hi there,
Just tried to run UnRen-v.7.5.0.bat to have Bitdefender close it and cmd.exe
Has anyone sent a copy of the batch file to them to have them update their threat database?

Feature:Antivirus
The item E:\Downloads\ReversePsychology-0.14.0_Public-pc\renpy\text\__init__.py was restored at user request.

Comments please.
I definitely don't do that. It is strange that the file of the engine itself was restored, and not one of the tool files. :unsure:

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
next update also breaks unren, if you guys can see the issue from the screenshot
there's also a example rpyc file

tried the previously mentioned changing the header number from last update, but that no longer seems to work
or past me is smarter then current me

using ultrahack and v8.0.0

not currently willing to upload the game itself

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
next update also breaks unren, if you guys can see the issue from the screenshot

tried the previously mentioned changing the header number from last update, but that no longer seems to work

The dev makes changes to the python code of the game engine every time, so it's hard to say with only a sample rpyc what exactly he changed. You've to provide at least the renpy folder, but for further analysis the whole game would be better...

Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

I see you have started decompilation with deobfuscation. Try without it, most likely everything will work. Deobfuscation even in the original decompiler did not always work, let alone my rework.

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
"Little" problem decompiling with UnRen-ultrahackv3 , UnRen-v.8.0.0v3 is ok.
This is the game :
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-writers-visit-v1-6-vnadults.123695/

These are the errors after decompiling .rpyc
File "game/script.rpy", line 560: expected statement.
else:
^
File "game/script.rpy", line 1144: expected statement.
else:
^
File "game/script.rpy", line 1747: expected statement.
else:
^

UnRen-v.8.0.0v3 works ok , right side = ultrahackv3
primo.jpg
There is a difference also here
primo_2.jpg

Thanks for your beautiful program ;)

ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019
Edit: I figured its because I haven't installed future and now the error doesn't appear but there's a new error instead with no further explanation whatsoever while trying to unpack rpa file
Code:
PS D:\Games\Port me To Android\tools\Unren windowed gideon 3.5.0> python UnRen.py
D:/Games/Port me To Android/Orveia-0.5.1-win/game
Unhandled Python exception
PS D:\Games\Port me To Android\tools\Unren windowed gideon 3.5.0>

Last edited:
Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
This is the game :

else:
^
else:
^
else:
^

View attachment 1999397
View attachment 1999398

Edit: I figured its because I haven't installed future and now the error doesn't appear but there's a new error instead with no further explanation whatsoever while trying to unpack rpa file
Code:
PS D:\Games\Port me To Android\tools\Unren windowed gideon 3.5.0> python UnRen.py
I'll check out these games and tools as soon as I can get home to my PC.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
This is the game :

else:
^
else:
^
else:
^

View attachment 1999397
View attachment 1999398

Indeed, a mistake was made. :HideThePain: Trying to get the program to sit on all the chairs at once can be quite a task.:BootyTime: Now it should decompile correctly, at least the specified places have returned to normal. The update will be a little later, when I figure out another game.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Code:
I have added a workaround for this error. I'm not sure what it means, but a dot between commas will be output to the console. If something else appears in the console, then you can panic. Apart from this strange error, there are no other problems and the old version of the tool unpacks everything perfectly before it crashes. But it no longer crashes in the new one.

Reactions: yoyomistro

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Code:
I have released a new version, you can try it.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Which version do we download that works similar to the original unren by Sam?

Is this: UnRen_windowed_by_Gideonv.3.6.0.zip - the latest version?

EDIT: those are just py files, does this app work as a BAT file, like the original unren?

EDIT: To anyone who finds this post, download UnRen-ultrahackv4, it works like the unren by sam, but it's updated. Good job to the OP. Thanks!

ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019
EDIT: those are just py files, does this app work as a BAT file, like the original unren?
You need to run it with python command in powershell, then the program will pop up like this:
1661284312715.png
EDIT: To anyone who finds this post, download UnRen-ultrahackv4, it works like the unren by sam, but it's updated. Good job to the OP. Thanks!
Yes, you can use that too and it is simpler but not all new ren'py games will work it. Ren'py game using python 3.9 will give you an error saying python.exe is not found. Thus the program one is more advantageous.

Reactions: hakarlman
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes