Ren'Py - Completed - Unveiling the Unknown [v1.0.2] [TwistedScarlett60]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DHeroLegend

Fun little game so far with a protagonist in an awkward but funny situation.
    Game play can be a tad grindy with the dungeons and gathering supplies to upgrade is rather slow at first but if you spend your points right and focus on clearing goals in the guidebook you can easily level up without issue.

Looking forward to more updates to this mainly hoping for possible impregnation and demon mommy action
  2. 5.00 star(s)

LKADity

I have finished the story for now (v0.61) in about 8 hours and I can say I like this game
    The art is very good although it quite janky when the NSFW part started but later it also grew on me
    The Story is okay but the dialogues is definitely carrying the plot
    Gameplay aspect is addicting, simple but addicting
    Can't wait for the next content update, also succubus + lewd maid outfit please
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Nessiah

Amazing game. The artstyle looks very good. It has a decent gameplay loop and management system. The writing is good and the characters are interesting. Great designs. Plenty of scenes and array of content.

Literally everything you could ask for in a futa protagonist centric game. It's a hidden gem. Highly highly recommended.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

rojo9149

Very fun ride, good grind if you're into that, but not necessary to progress story. I'm excited for what's next! Thanks for the game! If I had to pick at something, it's how slowly the ball gets rolling wrt the dungeon gameplay loop, but once you get the right upgrades the resources really start flowing in :)
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Lester.Rutabaga

The game is designed very well. The interactions feel decent, and the dungeon crawling is pretty good. Many of the mechanics still need to be adjusted and balanced, but that's expected from an unfinished game.

There is clear direction of what the devs want, and I am excited to play this game when it fully releases. I trust this developer to at least finish their games at this point.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

rainwake

v0.7.2

TLDR: The gameplay loop is a simple and fun turn based strategy game put inside of a roguelike map (similar to Slay the Spire). You explore the dungeon, kill off as many monsters as you can, grab as much loot as you can, get defeated, respawn back in base, buy upgrades and then do more dungeoning. The world and the plot is interesting. The H-scenes are not numerous but quite good (even though the art isn't in a finished state). Thankfully H-scenes are not gated by dungeon progression.

Pros:
    + Easy to understand and fun to play
    + RNG elements from shop nodes have been removed from Dungeons. Each shop is represented by a different color icon
    + Number abbreviation is nicer to read but it takes longer to sell stuff to City Merchant

Cons:
    - Extremely grindy. Upgrades get ridiculously expensive. I would know because I bought all of the upgrades.
    - Loot bag loot is capped at 55M (5.5e6) Crystals & Gold, and 360 Enchanted Crystals per run. This is a paltry sum given how expensive upgrades are (for reference you need 1e16 crystals to afford the final Max HP upgraded)
    - No sell all option when selling a resource to the City Merchant
    - now you have to unlock each of the shops in the in City one at a time. You can only unlock one shop per day. This is a very unnecessary change
    - H-scene art lacks polish
    - Either you one shot the enemy or they one shot you type of gameplay

Currently Evasion% is the best form of survivability you can get. Currently Evasion with Dungeon Buff and Bubble Shield maxes out at 68%. Along with Evasion, getting as much Attack, Crit Chance and Crit dmg is the only way to go.

Conclusion
    Fun but very grindy
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Dvnasty

would be great if each have their own stats and turn instead of a party stats though. but that would be a revamp and a bunch of work i guess.. still its a decent dungeon crawling game, but i wish that the route would properly address the mc as such because if the canon is a female mc having cursed, then why even give us femboy route... sometime in femboy route the text still address mc as mistress, she, her, them.. even the profile state that mc is a her on male route..
  8. 5.00 star(s)

AnOldMan

Amazing art style. Good plot and lore. Cute maids. Still a few bugs and problems with writing, but you can't expect all that much polish from a game that is not finished. I expect this game to be one of my favourite ones once it's finished.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

xxpupopupo

The worst part of this game is waiting for new updates because it's actually a really good one.

As for v0.3.1, the game is awesome and has everything you can ask for: great scenes, fun dungeon crawling gameplay with management elements, good story and music.
    I encountered a few bugs in my gameplay but nothing too broken, and i wish it had more content so take that in consideration if you decide to play it now or in a few months, but definitely don't forget to check it out.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

TsubameYui

Reviewing as of 3.1. First off, I want to say that I am a huge fan of old school dungeon crawler games, so this review may be heavily biased by that. I also want to say that the game is such a great example of the dungeon crawler genre that if the dev made a non-adult version of the game, it would probably do extremely well on the mainstream markets.

First off, the artwork is beautiful. The girls all look fantastic, and there's solid variety, especially thanks to the side girls(dungeon encounters). I actually really enjoy the dual art styles. The lewd scenes in sketch look great, and give a very sexy vibe, while the polished 2D portraits are very expressive and fit perfectly for dialog.

The story is well-told, funny, engaging, and creative. As some have stated, the pacing of the lewd content seems a tad rushed, but based on what we've learned in the story so far, it's explainable as a series of misunderstandings, intentionally poor communication, and the nature of Lily's curse. Dev did a fantastic job of organizing the story as a progression of "morning events"(daily progression), hangouts, and daily chats with the girls.

The actual gameplay aspects, such as base management, character(stats) development, and dungeon crawling are all beautifully done. I'm very impressed with the dev's ability to make such a complex game on such a simple engine. The dungeon crawling mechanics are inventive, unique, and fun. The only complaint I have, is that late-game scaling makes the dungeon far too easy. Hopefully dev can put some limitations on some of the abilities/stats that make endless dungeon runs so easy, and tweak the late-game resource drops(loot bags especially), as by the end of 3.1 I was able to earn enough resources to unlock every manor and character upgrade in a single dungeon run. There are some bugs, which is to be expected in early development, such as random event rolls having low or negative percentages when abilities should be making them easier instead.

The game is fantastic, and I highly recommend any fans of the dungeon crawler genre to give it a shot. The few bugs/issues(none remotely game-breaking) are nothing compared to the overall quality of the game. I am anxiously awaiting the next update!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

rageaholic

Version 0.3.1

Solid story, some clunkiness with code, a few typos.

Haven't tried out this dev's other games, but this one's making me wanna considering how polished it already is overall. Maid sex scene art is rough, but a welcome surprise to me. I prefer that over the hyper polish that's splashing the launch screen.

Some display errors are on the dungeon screen, especially whenever you're doing triple digit damage as well as having significant amounts of modifiers. It only properly displays the last two digits for whatever reason, even though it works in function.

I think I'll wait until this one's complete to do an edit for the final review, but definitely worth playing through again I think.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Bonerhat

Art: Fantastic scene art, love the sketchy look and the scenes just ooze passion and that expression of being on the edge of climax, also just enough animation to keep them lively. Bit of a style clash with the inked and colored portrait art, but not a big deal. Might be a two-for-one special though if using the sketchy look for the portraits too could unify the style of the whole game and make development easier. It'd be a very unique style for a VN.

Gameplay: Pacing seems a little quick as you're deflowering the maids pretty much on the 2nd date. But I'm ok with quick if there's not enough content to fill, grindings never fun. Map is pretty simple without empty rooms or anything, hate games that waste time with overly complex map navigation, so simple is good.

Dungeon combat is fairly weak and feels tacked on, doesn't seem to interact much if any with the scenes which are affection unlocked. Not that I would want a grindy dungeon crawler to get in the way of unlocking H-scenes, but ultimately if it's entirely optional side content the question has to be asked if it's just wasted dev effort to have it at all.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

oldscarecrow

Reviewing V 0.2.2

The story is great, and the characters are likable (Except the brother but that’s the point) the only reason why I don’t give it 5 stars it’s because of some minor (like really minor and sometimes just personal) nitpicks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now I want to reiterate the game is pretty good the story is interesting, the characters are likable (except the brother but again that’s the point), the music is excellent, and the art styles are pretty good each one with some charm to it. It has some small problems (or nitpicks) but that’s about it in my opinion.

14. 4.00 star(s)

ixcez

I'm a bit on the fence with this one since the game at the moment has a lot of positives but also some negatives to it.

The good is that the art is spectacular and each character is well made, it has some nice music and you could pretty much say it uses a futa MC, though you can pick your gender your pretty much a futa in all of them.

The story is a bit unclear for the moment since the setting is pretty much that the MC is part of the hero lineage but the older brother is the hero, being the hero allows him to use divine power from the goddess as long as he stays a virgin, while the MC is weak and fragile without much power. On top of this are the battle maids that follows the hero family and foremost the hero into the dungeon and onto the battlefield, they are also for now seemingly the love interests and a large part of the story and game focus seems to be to NTR them away from the hero. Then use them to make the hero lose his virginity and thus his divine powers.

There isn't much to go on here yet so one of the main reasons for me being on the fence is that I don't know how to feel about the story yet since it's to early to tell.

When it comes to the bad I would probably say that the combat system and things associated to it at the moment is the bad part of the game since there really isn't much to go on here yet with the combat being a large part of the game and having to do it a lot but there isn't much depth to it outside of just clicking on the screen to fight and progress in the dungeon then get loot for your effort, use loot to upgrade so you can fight better and earn more loot and/or buy outfits and gifts for the maids then rinse and repeat each day.

So all in all the game shows a lot of potential but it's to early to tell if this will be a great game or not.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Minaguchi

I love this game its perfect, Art is so good, cutscenes are hot af, story is not so bad but we are all here for the "plot" anyway but yeah xD. Futa MC is sexy too and i hope we get that update this month. Im looking forward to Hazel, Ophelia and Demon queen mommy. You got my full support keep it up. 5 stars deserved
  16. 5.00 star(s)

LordUlrich

Wonderful character creation and interaction with beautiful artwork. Great story work. Smooth transitioning between scenes to make it feel more lively.

Mirabelle has a mislabeled sex scene when upon choice. Some options show can be done but will not work. Some Maid upgrades show no price and are unavailable. Most Manor upgrades that have no limit can get very expensive quickly (and some that do are still very expensive).
    Ophelia seems to only be a decorative Maid thus far with no interactions besides being a side character. And I wanted to break her first. Why do we get the guide book twice? By default we get it, yet doing Seraphina's first hangout she gives us the same guidebook.

Can we have the maids move locations day to day? For convenience they are in the same locations but how about a single Unique sex scene in a specific location for each character. Detection meter? It could amount to nothing or a steamy hidden scene with your character almost being caught with a maid.

Though the last part are some ideas for game improvement, feel free to ignore. I know this is still early in the release stages but I truly look forward to future updates.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Aevisyo

Great art, fun writing and premise.
    For such an early version of the game (0.2.2) its got a good amount of content.
    It's a tad grindy but its palatable, nothing too extreme and the combat/grind is relatively simple so there isn't a need to minmax or savescum much (i still do)

Unless you're turned off by the protag's tags the only way this could go bad is if the author either abandons this or takes forever to release any major updates but considering his track record that is very unlikely.
    Would jack off/5
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Trains

So far this is a great start. The artwork is excellent as you'd expect from a Twisted Scarlett game and the topic is fun as well. Glad to see some animations as well in this one. Definitely a game I'll be following
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Luminosity247

A good harem game with interesting rpg systems. Great for anyone with a maid (or nun) fetish. Not sure if it's just me, but I also rarely find voice acting during sex scenes, so that's another plus. (y)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Lord of Hentaiz

+ Good Art
    + Good Animations
    + Fun Characters

= Decent Premise
    = Decent UI
    = Decent Gameplay
    = Good variety of upgrades for characters or the mansion

- Somewhat grindy, fits the gameplay loop mostly

v0.1.1
    --
    v1
    my score and points remain after trying the completed game
    its just solid all around
    the combat did get stale in the last 1/3 of the game
    but that might be optional as well, didn't try ignoring it.