Update: I'm an upcoming adult game developer who's currently self-studying 3D. Here's some of my new work:

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
Hey everyone. I'm an upcoming adult game developer. I have TONS of ideas for good content, but unfortunately I still have a lot of studying to do before I can create my own games. I've decided to take the very long way and learn how to make environments and characters from scratch. I know it's a massive undertaking, but I don't want to use other people's models and re-position them within scenes. It will help me so much if I can create everything myself. Here is some of my newer work:

Coral Reef.jpg

Into the Unknown.jpg

Hospital.jpg

Factory.jpg

Icy Cave.jpg

Deep Sea.jpg

Very recently I also started doing 3D sculpting, but it's still at the very early stages:

Majin Buu.jpg

Ear2.jpg

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
That's cool man! I bet it's a lot of work to do it from scratch, but it seems like you're having fun doing it. :giggle:
Good luck and I hope to see some cool project pop up here someday.

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Hey everyone. I'm an upcoming adult game developer. I have TONS of ideas for good content, but unfortunately I still have a lot of studying to do before I can create my own games. I've decided to take the very long way and learn how to make environments and characters from scratch. I know it's a massive undertaking, but I don't want to use other people's models and re-position them within scenes. It will help me so much if I can create everything myself. Here is some of my newer work:

View attachment 581714

View attachment 581715

View attachment 581720

View attachment 581717

View attachment 581718

View attachment 581719

Very recently I also started doing 3D sculpting, but it's still at the very early stages:

View attachment 581721

View attachment 581722
Wow, these pics are very good. Very detailed and well drawn (made).
It's cool to see that you are taking the more original route of making everything yourself. It's always annoying seeing the same thong in every single game.
However, making these renders I'm sure didn't just take you 30 minutes, making these renders take time (Unless you have an insane work ethic...)
When you make an adult game there are some things that people complain about the most: updates. These renders would take time to make, thus meaning a long wait time for a quality game.
That's all well and good, if you have reasons besides the render quality that make it a good game.
Many people will get turned away if they have to wait 2-5 months for just good renders. I think if you wan't to go down the originality route you have to go the whole 9 yards. You'd need a original story (If you're doing a vn), Good animations and many other factors.
I don't know you so I'm just going to go off of assumptions, if you can only make good quality renders I'd advise looking into decreasing the quality of them because without other good things people aren't going to wan't to wait X months.

Maybe I'm wrong and your a writer and a 3D artist.
If you are able to produce something that is balanced then people will keep coming back.
At the end of the day it's going to take time. I assume your studying a course in higher education and they can be expensive and tiring.
If you're willing to put in the work and time I think most people would be able to give some of their time... and money. ;)

Just my thoughts.
As someone who cannot draw for absolute shit, this is the crème de la crème.

Good luck on your game, should you start to develop.

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
It's cool to see that you are taking the more original route of making everything yourself. It's always annoying seeing the same thong in every single game.
However, making these renders I'm sure didn't just take you 30 minutes, making these renders take time (Unless you have an insane work ethic...)
When you make an adult game there are some things that people complain about the most: updates. These renders would take time to make, thus meaning a long wait time for a quality game.
That's all well and good, if you have reasons besides the render quality that make it a good game.
Many people will get turned away if they have to wait 2-5 months for just good renders. I think if you wan't to go down the originality route you have to go the whole 9 yards. You'd need a original story (If you're doing a vn), Good animations and many other factors.
I don't know you so I'm just going to go off of assumptions, if you can only make good quality renders I'd advise looking into decreasing the quality of them because without other good things people aren't going to wan't to wait X months.

If you are able to produce something that is balanced then people will keep coming back.
At the end of the day it's going to take time. I assume your studying a course in higher education and they can be expensive and tiring.
If you're willing to put in the work and time I think most people would be able to give some of their time... and money. ;)

Just my thoughts.

Thanks a lot for your input! I'm actually looking into things and want to make game development my job if that's possible. The biggest hurdle would indeed be the renders. I don't have a beefy PC so renders can take a while. The fairly constant need for updates is indeed very important, but I believe that if I prepare and set things up well I can bring out fairly constant updates. I'm still in the practice stage though.

I don't follow any courses. Everything you see is stuff I learned myself (with the help of Youtube tutorials and other resources of course). I can't draw either haha, but I try to mimic the real world as much as possible. I do want to create quality games, which will take a lot of time. But I want to deliver a good product with some things I haven't seen in many games.

Reactions: Cul

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks a lot for your input! I'm actually looking into things and want to make game development my job if that's possible. The biggest hurdle would indeed be the renders. I don't have a beefy PC so renders can take a while. The fairly constant need for updates is indeed very important, but I believe that if I prepare and set things up well I can bring out fairly constant updates. I'm still in the practice stage though.

I don't follow any courses. Everything you see is stuff I learned myself (with the help of Youtube tutorials and other resources of course). I can't draw either haha, but I try to mimic the real world as much as possible. I do want to create quality games, which will take a lot of time. But I want to deliver a good product with some things I haven't seen in many games.
You're self taught? Excuse my french, but what the fuck?

I mean I'll defo be looking forward to your game when and if it comes out.

Hit me up when it's up.

Best,
Kami.

y7521y

May 26, 2019

Just my thoughts.

No. Your answer is correct. People cannot wait. Unless Noxusa has its own development team.

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
No. Your answer is correct. People cannot wait. Unless Noxusa has its own development team.
When I start I plan on doing everything alone, but I'd rather release smaller updates every month than having people wait half a year.

y7521y

May 26, 2019
When I start I plan on doing everything alone, but I'd rather release smaller updates every month than having people wait half a year.
Three years ago, I made a game with a classmate, and I was in charge of writing. It can still work normally in the early stage, because a lot of material has accumulated, but in the later stage, it cannot meet the needs. Graphic design and rendering take a lot of time. Although there was some relief after upgrading the computer hardware, but because of the slow development progress, the game development was finally abandoned.
Modifying the game is also a time-consuming and energy-intensive task. It requires the unification of code, graphics, and text, and it also tests your patience.

y7521y

May 26, 2019
There is a lot of pressure on you to engage in development work by yourself, which may be 24*7 work. Most of this pressure is externally applied.
I suggest you look for friends with common goals, and everyone should give full play to their expertise.
Game creativity is key.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm starting with pre-existing assets, but hopefully, I can avoid the most overused ones. I am definitely not using "The Villa." Over time, I hope to have more skill to introduce custom assets.

Good fortune to you!