Mod RPGM Urban Demons v.0.9.5 MOD [Xalenda Mod)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Should ‘Grandma’ be a part of the game or not?

• Yeah!

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Yes, but only as bonus content.

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 45 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikuMiku123

Apr 29, 2017
In math you have operators for things like addition(+), subtraction(-). A boolean operator is for things involving logic. A variable could be true or false for example, and think of true as being on, and false as being off.

If variable X is is true and variable Y is true, do this action.
Else if Variable is X is true and Variable Y is not true, do this action.

In this example, X could be the points on the corruption, so the more points in corruption, the different dialogue options that's are chosen, with increasing

IF X < 20 do BJ_Dialouge_1
ELSE IF X >= 20 AND X < 40 do BJ_Dialouge_2
ELSE IF X >= 40 AND X < 60 do BJ_Dialouge_3
ELSE IF X >= 60 AND X < 80 do BJ_Dialouge_4
ELSE IF X >= 80 AND X < 100 do BJ_Dialouge_5
ELSE IF X = 100 do BJ_Dialouge_6

From there, there can be additional operations for the logic like AND, OR, and XOR. For example there could be a flag, that the condition could also check. For example, in your mod, there are different dialogue options for the slave flag, so there would be something like

ELSE IF X = 100 do BJ_Dialouge_1
IF X = 100 AND Slavery = True/On/1 do Slave_BJ_Dialouge_1

So really in the context of RPGmaker, flags are variable that can be set to on or off, which essentially means true and false. To break it down, boolean variable can be true or false, so you use boolean operations to check what actions should be taken based on the condition of the flag

Reactions: gen1

Vanik

Sep 4, 2017
your right i should have been more clear. i get stuck in the school after visiting nurse Donna and a lot of the door just just lock me in a room.
i thought the mod was still being worked on since the trello was set up. or is that being run by a different group?

Vanik

Sep 4, 2017
guess not
it seems some people are still loosely working on it and xalenda has said he would help by explaining things. but it seems mostly gone. which is a shame and i hope he makes a game or mod as his work was amazing.

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
It's being worked on... just not nearly as fast as any of us would have liked (source: I write the sex scenes. There's a LOT of them and I'm busy with real life.)

Reactions: Filipe86

Vanik

Sep 4, 2017
It's being worked on... just not nearly as fast as any of us would have liked (source: I write the sex scenes. There's a LOT of them and I'm busy with real life.)
i'd be happy to help write. i'm no good at coding but i can help with this at least if it would be of use.

Ishto

Sep 16, 2016
Hey Xalenda! Have you played through the new update? Would adding some of those changes make finishing your mod easier?

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
The problem honestly isn't the writing - the writing is, like, 99% done and it's the easiest part to do. The hardest part of this is the one thing that nobody here can do, apparently: coding. It's not like there's anything majorly hard about it, but you do need to be able to follow basic IF/THEN statements and do editing within the game itself.

The worst part, even worse than needing to know how RPG Maker works in even a basic mode, is getting everything to sync up properly - that's honestly what takes so long, just bug-fixing. Going in, checking a scene... does it play right? Feel right? Sound right? Oh shit, was that a spelling mistake... make a note of everything bad, and redo it from the ground up (essentially, sometimes it's just a simple fix).

Take the Best Ending epilogue - that took nearly a month just to get the characters to move correctly, so nobody runs ahead and blocks paths, every exit works and doesn't loop back to the wrong map, that the proper switches are going off when they need to and the variables are syncing up properly - and it still isn't good enough (in my eyes).

Or just the simple act of getting the variables to line up properly. It sounds easy on paper - Have Sex, increase by 1 - but after 3 times having Sex, you need to start a new dialogue chain that brings you immediately into the Anal Sex scene, and not jump back into the options menu right afterwards, forwarding time properly, moving characters somewhere logical (you were in the kitchen, you had sex, but now you're at the school for some reason... makes no sense) and then making sure that the variable you increased now doesn't replay that same scene over and over.

So yeah, timings and edits are the worst; then the coding; then the writing. Hell, just adding in a new set of busts takes a good 3-4 hours of work sometimes, making sure everything ends up transparent.

Long story short, the work that goes into making this mod takes up too much time; I will gladly share all of my knowledge and know-how with anybody who wants to learn RPG Maker in any way, explaining what I can, giving advice or tips or whatever. As to whether this "mod" (now pretty much its own game) will ever be finished... probably not, unless we get more people willing to learn how to use the program.

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
After trying to fix some glitches in the impreg version of this mod, I have to say RPGM (VX Ace at least) handles like a wet turd covered in baby oil.

AFAIK the "Event Pages" for one specific coordinates/spot are sort of first come, first served (?). Yet for some reason, one Event Page completely nullifies or is nullified by another even though it logically shouldn't. I.e. Mom's showering in the morning in the latest version of this mod. I had to delete one of the Event Pages for it to start working at all.
Also, it would be a ton easier if there was a way to have the variable and switch list be open when writing some code or just even have a dedicated list option, so I wouldn't have to edit part of the code to open either the switch or the variables list. And having more than one window open at a time would be super duper too.

What I'm trying to say is, anyone who manages to push out a good and bug-free game with RPGM is either a robot or a god, or has a whole team behind them.

Scythe_KoP

Mar 14, 2019
Hey Xalenda, will there be a new update including new scenes and fixes to the Amos bust issue?

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes