Using Art from other VNs?

jeyemill

May 21, 2018
Im currently new to posting on the forum so I apologise if this is not the right place to ask this or if it was asked before. So im currently developing a dating sim (with mostly H scenes) using Unity and I was planning on using art from other VNs made by Miel and animating them into Live2D, my plan is to make something similar to Haramase Simulator.
My question is if that would actually be allowed to be posted here since even if I would be animating them, I would be using art from other published VNs .

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
A few things may or may not happen.

1. Fans of whoevers art you steal will get pissed at you, flood your game with negative ratings and comments and constantly report you to whatever platform you use i.e. Patreon.

2. Depending on whether they have copyright on their game you may need to pay said devs a pretty healthy chunk of whatever money you make or they could take it to court and fuck you without lube for far more money leaving you in debt for years.

3, Hope nobody notices and you sail by.

4. Give them credit and hope that's enough to stop them fucking you without lube.

5. Other devs may or may not refuse to work with you. Whoevers art you take is probably going to hate you, that's a given.

Either way the fans of whoevers art you steal are going to hate your stuff. You will garner a lot of rage and review bombs. There is no escaping that.

For a piracy site there are still some morals. It's a given we'll steal peoples work but stealing peoples work to try and make money yourself is sometimes shit on from a great height.

You can post whatever you want, it's a piracy site afterall, rules are pretty thin just nothing resembling kids.

What happens between you, the players and other devs is another matter entirely.

jeyemill

May 21, 2018
A few things may or may not happen.

1. Fans of whoevers art you steal will get pissed at you, flood your game with negative ratings and comments and constantly report you to whatever platform you use i.e. Patreon.

2. Depending on whether they have copyright on their game you may need to pay said devs a pretty healthy chunk of whatever money you make or they could take it to court and fuck you without lube for far more money leaving you in debt for years.

3, Hope nobody notices and you sail by.

4. Give them credit and hope that's enough to stop them fucking you without lube.

5. Other devs may or may not refuse to work with you. Whoevers art you take is probably going to hate you, that's a given.

Either way the fans of whoevers art you steal are going to hate your stuff. You will garner a lot of rage and review bombs. There is no escaping that.

For a piracy site there are still some morals. It's a given we'll steal peoples work but stealing peoples work to try and make money yourself is sometimes shit on from a great height.

You can post whatever you want, it's a piracy site afterall, rules are pretty thin just nothing resembling kids.

What happens between you, the players and other devs is another matter entirely.
Yeah makes sense and I was thinking among those lines as well. Iv made a couple of games with Unity and I wanted to try my hand in making an adults only game to share with people but i'd rather just not take the risk. Really appriciate the response, for the time being I guess Ill look for more info on using DAZ or Blender to make my characters.

Reactions: Cul