Using Koikatsu To Illustrate Erotic Fiction on Amazon

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Yo world! I hope you're all doing good.

Anyways, the thread title mostly says it all. I'm a bit more of a writer type and am contemplating trying to publish erotic fiction on Amazon, because I need moolah and nothing ventured, nothing gained. Now, I love Koikatsu; I'm a big fan of the cel-shaded look and think the characters come out looking great. So I was thinking of using Koikatsu to illustrate the stories on Amazon that I would publish.

Is this feasible? What do y'all think about this concept? Is there anything I should be aware about, both in regards to publishing on Amazon or using Koikatsu for financial gain?

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Almost all Koikatsu devs use Koikatsu for financial gain, the key element for them is that they aren't selling their games, they are just doing them and publishing them for free and people decide to support them voluntarily.

What you're asking is about selling it. You're not giving the product for free and then people is free to support the dev or not but they get to keep the game regardless of their decision, you're actually asking for money before giving them the products. In that aspect, laws and Koikatu's T&C are more clear about how you can't do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nothing Clever

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Ah, damn. That said, that was the information I was looking for in part, so thank you very much, I appreciate the info. :)

Reactions: Adabelitoo