VN - Ren'Py - Completed - V.I.R.T.U.E.S. Theodora's Lie [Ch. 3] [NoMeme]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6457167

I didn't follow this game when it was released but my god this was a beautiful alternate timeline for Theodora. It's honestly so wholesome and now I kinda wish there's more of it.

All chapters were short and didn't really had an excuse for being split into three chapters. Maybe it's because it was a Patreon release exclusive or something that forced them to release it into several chapters in order to release content. But judging by the amount of content, it honestly felt like it's less than an hour long of gameplay.

Playing through Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 it was unnerving to play since there wasn't any sounds or music at all. There was a lack of polish in those first two chapters but it definitely didn't fall off in the story.

Despite my complaints, I'm still rating this a 5 star because of how beautiful this sidestory was. This is the perfect send off to the V.I.R.T.U.E.S storyline as a prequel because she is my favorite girl out of everyone in the main game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Yolomon

Nice substories. Gives decent background on Theodora's and MCs past. Also really like episode 3 where they showed the alternate path along with a good ending. However, I was kind of surprised when ep 1 and ep 2 had no sound whatsoever, but it's alright.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

nathe

A perfect prequel for the main game.
    It almost feels like developers have always had this story in mind, but don't want to add it into the main game to interrupt people who don't care.
    Anyway, Release this separately from the main game so people don't like Theodora can just skip this.
    Compare to the main game's style its a bit wordy, this might be another reason it's released separately, which is an excellent choice.
    Someone was mad because they think this will delay the main game's update, well it wont be a problem now since the main game is completed very well.
    The story here can be skipped since the main game briefly tells players what happened before. this is truly worth playing if you want to know more about Theodora and MC's story.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

It's okay and if you're playing the game it spins off of it's worth a detour but, since this wasn't folded into the main game, especially since by itself it's currently multiple downloads for ? reason, it's basically it's own game for ranking purposes.
    In that regard this is, being generous, a 3 so far (though it's parent game is great and if you haven't played it do so asap)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

justapervert

By the time i am typing this, Chapter 2 has been released and i am most definitely sure my opinion will not change. Just saying this is by far one of the most amazing games i have ever played. be sure to check my review on the original game and not to brag i was the first reviewer of that game ^_^.

Story: Making a new game as a side story explaining the past shall always be amazing in character development so great move on me liking not only the protagonist but one of the character that has deep history which is mentioned in the main story. It is a side story but told in such a great way i almost wished this would have been in the prologue in the main game. 5/5

Game play: Unlike the main game this is side storied from there is no element game play from this which to be honest wouldn't make sense considering this is about the main characters past, we shan't be able to dictate his actions which can really mess with the present on the man game. having a normal visual novel suits it well. 5/5

Scenes: Sadly there isn't much sex scenes involve in this short story however this makes up by having each scene in the game being parallel to the narration of the story, the game developer as normal brings great detail to the characters action and emotions which can at times be over looked by gamer in another game and sadly i am quiet guilty of that, due to my ADHD i see every detail of the scene i am seeing which at times personally messes up my attention but if i am able to be hooked in by the games characters you know you told a mere side story correctly by it scenes. 5/5

Conclusion: Read this if you ain't really bothered , supposedly all of you that is reading this has played the base game, a simple answer to an unasked question is yes play this fucking masterpiece you will definitely not be wasting your time considering that this is 2020 and cornavirus is an absolute bitch, if you haven't played it yet i cant stress this enough i HIGHLY recommend playing the main game then come back. If the virus does kill me one of my only regret is to not see this game in completion.

Stay safe everyone and i don't really believe in god but may what ever you believe bless your heart soul and health.

-Justapervert.